Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
playinghooky

Default Buoy Coordinates

I purchased a used older Garmin chart plotter off of Craigslist. I want to enter the coordinates for the light buoys on Winni. I know they are are listed on the back of the Bizer chart but my chart is stored away in the boat for the winter. Is there a list of of the lattitude/longitudes of the buoys (other than the back of the Bizer chart) that is available for viewing? I did a search but was unable to find one. Thanks for your help.
playinghooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
Rich

I'd suggest that you purchase the Bizer map chip for your Garmin. It's well worth the price.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
playinghooky

Default Garmin Data Card

Rich, thank you for the response. I did look into Bizer. I would need to get a Data Card for my particular GPS which would cost $144 from Bizer. That is a lot more than I want to spend. The chart plotter has a pretty good base map but does not have the buoys marked on it. I just want to enter the light buoys on the map as waypoints and I think I will be all set. The cost of doing that (zero) versus the $144 for a data card makes me think the manual entry would be worth it. It is time consuming but this time of year I have plenty of time. Yes, I would love to have the Bizer Chart in my GPS but for what I would use it for is just not worth the expense.
I just need a list of the light buoys and their coordinates and a couple of hours in time and I'll be ready for spring.
playinghooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:52 AM   #4
Phantom

playinghooky -

It may sound absolutely silly but once (long, long ago) we had one of the Garmin "Hiker" version GPS ... no download capabilities.

My wife & I made a couple of weekend events out of going around the Lake (chart in hand) and physically entering each Floating light as a waypoint (Due to limited number of characters allowed our coding was simply B for black top / RED for red top .... ex: 1B or 44RED) --

It created a great day's adventure and forced us to explore the Lake in our early years.

Obviously since then we have upgraded somewhat ... Nuvi .... with downloaded chart ... but to this day we still have the old faithful still in working condition

Lakegeezer (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
Misty Blue

Default Fun suggestion

Hi Hooky!

You could buy a new Bizer Chart and get the Co-ordinates from it.

Bizer is a big sponsor of the Forum and deserves our support.

Second...It is the middle of February and the snow is covering the boat trailer. This is a great time to sit with the wife, have a few, going over the chart. You can log in the lights and possibly other cool spots. Say a favorite dive spot or fishing spot.

This time of year Deb and I will take out our near shore charts and plan trips that we will never make and have a ball doing it.

And in the end you will have a spare chart!

Misty Blue
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misty Blue For This Useful Post:
jetlag100 (02-06-2015), trfour (02-06-2015)
Sponsored Links