Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
danwas44

Smile Landscape Design

Hi,

Looking for someone to put a landscape plan together (and maybe some of the work) to design my landscape. I'd like a walkway, stonewall rework, tree removal, new drive and some misc landscaping near the house. It's basically dirt right now and I'd like to clean it up. I'm in the Moultonboro Neck road area. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan
danwas44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
MarkinNH

There is No one Whom I could recommend any higher then Miracle Farms Landscape. They are located right at the top of Moultonborough Neck Road. http://www.miraclefarmslandscaping.com/
Chris Maroun is a very talented man when it comes to design and easy to work with. Look through some of the photos on their website. There is some beautiful work there.
MarkinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
tummyman

Default Pine Ridge Landscaping

Before you decide on anyone, also give Fred Parks at Pine Ridge Landscaping a call. He does excellent work and is not a large operation. Has a new office on RT25 just down from where SUBWAY is, but on the other side of the road. Has terrific references. His phone is 603-520-5301. I always find getting more than one quote and opinion makes for better results in the long run.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #4

Default Landscape

We used Eric Buck and were very happy with his work. He is a landscape architech, so he was not baised by which landscaper to use. Work was top notch

Eric R. Buck RLA, ASLA

Landscape Architect
Pollock Land Planning LLC

41 Hillside Drive
New Hampton NH, 03256
603. 491. 2322
www.pollocklandplanning.com

Good luck
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
danwas44

Default Thanks to all

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, really is appreciated.
danwas44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 AM   #6
TheProfessor

Mike Dion is another good choice.
Mike Dion Hydroseeding & Property Care
Design and Installation
New Hampton, NH 03256
603-279-1017

LINK

Mike is the one that owns that nursery across from Dunkin Donuts in Moultonborough near Center Harbor.
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Miracle Farms. Yeah right.....

When I first bought our house up here I was told to call them to move some big boulders and slope my property to put a longer driveway in...
A guy arrived, notebook in hand. The Wife and I stood there while he asked us what our budget was? $35,000.00-$45,000.00? I think I went into some sort of shock. But I mustered a "well you look at at and let us know." We never heard back from him. Good thing because I looked in the yellow pages and found some independent excavators. Found a guy right in Moultonborough that came up, gave me a price of $1500.00. This included moving the rocks and bringing in fill to slope the driveway. Then he even took the dirt that he had pushed and leveled out my backyard, for no charge. Let me see now. I saved a years pay by using the yellow pages.....
I brought in $500.00 more of Bluestone gravel to make a good base.
Got the driveway paved for $3500.00 by Chambers Paving out of Tilton.
So for under $6,000.00 I got my driveway totally installed.
Miracle Farms must have thought we were rich or something....
You don't think they have all those really nice new trucks because they are low priced do you....But hey maybe it's just me?
I'd call Blue Ridge. They do our neighbors yard and seem to do a really thorough job at everything.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
acanthus (05-23-2011)
Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
RickDonofrio

Good Morning Danwas44,

I was born and raised in Wolfeboro, and now live in Moultonborough down on the neck. I have over 22 years of experience in all phases of excavation work, stone work, tree removal, erosion control, water management etc. Fully insured, and have references for my work.

I'd be happy to come out and give you a "No Obligation" free estimate. Give me a call anytime 603-236-9631 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************603-236-9631******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thanks, Rick D'Onofrio

http://radexcavation.com/
RickDonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
phoenix

try landscaping by tom . We had a lot of work done and he did a great job. Was far less expensive than some of the others you mentioned
Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #10
goodguys

Default We can do it all

Hello , I am located in Moultonborough and would like to give you one more estimate. I design and install so you work with one person through the project. We have a full portfolio.

Thank you.
Eric
Pro-Built Landscape Const.
603-319-1928 Office
goodguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
ACutAbove

Hi MY company A Cut Above Landscaping Inc. (603) 279-4639 would be more than happy to come out and talk about the many different options you have available to you in the design process.
As you can see there are a few companies on the forum here and many others suggested by other forum members, who ever you may pick just be sure to check references and always before any work is underway to get a certificate of insurance for both workers comp and liability.
THank you for considering us,
Ken
ACutAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #12
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
try landscaping by tom . We had a lot of work done and he did a great job. Was far less expensive than some of the others you mentioned
How do you find him?
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #13
Lucy Goose

Default Landscaping, terracing, walkway etc.

Well I made an appointment with Garden Artisans to come out and look at my yard with me to begin seeing what can be done. They never showed up today and never called. Disappointing.

So I am looking for someone to do some work and some advice as well. I have some ideas but can't do it all myself. I have a slope in my front yard and would like to put in some terracing and I know it is a little involved to have it done right.

I also have a walk and stairs that need to be redone and some other items. I probably can't afford to do it all at once so it will be piece meal.

Anyone want to come out and take a look or does anyone have recommendations. I am going to call a few that are were suggested here.

Thanks,

Lucy Goose
Lucy Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
ArborTech

Default Tree Removal

Dan,

Please consider giving me a chance to give you an estimate reguarding your tree removal needs. I have worked for many members on this site, as well as many of the local landscape outfits. Thanks in advance.

Courtney
ArborTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
winnipiseogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
We used Eric Buck and were very happy with his work. He is a landscape architech, so he was not baised by which landscaper to use. Work was top notch
I agree - I've used Eric as well and he will give you a great start. When it come to overall design and layout I find that even the best landscapers aren't great at it. Start there and I'm sure you will end up with something you are happy with!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
tinkham masonry

Default hardscapes

i would be interested in meeting with you to discuss the hardscapes of your project. i am located just of shaker jerry road and have been in bussiness for myself for 10+ years with over 18 years of experience. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone
Fred Tinkham
Tinkham Masonry
tinkhammasonry@aol.com
603 630 7713
tinkham masonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
Brendan

Default Still Looking?

Hello Dan,

I wasn't sure if you were still looking for someone to come and check out your yard. I am a stone mason in Meredith & would be more than happy to meet up and give you a few ideas/quotes. Feel free to give me a buzz or drop me an e-mail anytime.

Brendan Olden
(603)455-5068
brendan@branchingwalls.com
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
phoenix

I think Tom advertised but my neighbor also used him last year for perched beach and wall on water plus other landscaping and was very happy . They are great on walls and reasonable priced
Old 05-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
eillac@dow

Just my 2 cents...

We (my family) had Courtney (Arbor Tech) out to our place on an island twice now...actually maybe 3 times. All work done was very good....we were very happy. We found his prices to be very good. I would recommend you give him a call.
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote