Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #1
CentHarb_Ray

Default Summer rentals for low-mobility elderly

Hi Everyone,

A new person here. Moved to Center Harbor from Nashua last August and am enjoying the quiet, clear skies & air. Happy to be here.

The question concerns this, the parents (living in Florida) want to spend a week or two in the area and are looking for a rental. Mom is 77 & dad 82. Dad still gets around pretty good, but Mom is now a low-mobility type. Stairways in particular are a problem.

I wanted to ask for any suggestions for rentals that would be friendly to a person with walking issues. They would also like to keep expenses for this in the $1000.00 a week range. Not sure how possible that is.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

CHR

p.s stay safe tomorrow. Last I looked the weather service is starting to downplay snow amounts in the area. We'll see.
CentHarb_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
RLW

Smile

CentHarb_Ray, I was just browsing through the forum and noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Thanks for joining and I'm sure you will get some good answers to your question. This guy is not knowledgeable about it.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
Gray Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentHarb_Ray View Post
Hi Everyone,

A new person here. Moved to Center Harbor from Nashua last August and am enjoying the quiet, clear skies & air. Happy to be here.

The question concerns this, the parents (living in Florida) want to spend a week or two in the area and are looking for a rental. Mom is 77 & dad 82. Dad still gets around pretty good, but Mom is now a low-mobility type. Stairways in particular are a problem.

I wanted to ask for any suggestions for rentals that would be friendly to a person with walking issues. They would also like to keep expenses for this in the $1000.00 a week range. Not sure how possible that is.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

CHR

p.s stay safe tomorrow. Last I looked the weather service is starting to downplay snow amounts in the area. We'll see.
https://www.amesfarminn.com/accommodations_cabins.htm
Gray Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #4
RLW

Smile

Gray Ghost, I was just browsing through the forum and noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum after joining back in April 2004. We are glad that you have come aboard and joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Glad to see you back enjoying and participating in the forum.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 PM   #5
Flotnjr

Check with the Yankee Pedlar in Wolfeboro. They deal with a ton of rental properties, and I'm sure find something around your price, and close to Center Harbor. Plus, you might be able to find something at a great price this time of year! Good Luck!
Flotnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #6
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Try this

Try At The Lake Vacation Rentals. 603-253-7766. Ask for Sue. She has done a great job renting out property for me. They are located in Center Harbor and I think that they represent somewhere near 100 weekly rental properties.

Depending upon when they want to vist you may get a great deal off season. Many families are limited for vacation time to when the kids are out of school so a week in June or September may be available at a significant savings.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #7
CentHarb_Ray

Thanks Flot & Tilt. I'll check out those resources.

CHR
CentHarb_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #8
Fargo

Default Rental

You might want to contact Meredith Bay Colony Club. Even though it is asissted living they also provide short term access and can accomodate quests I believe. My dad was there when they first opened, good people.
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote