Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #1
whalebackpoint'r

Default Great kayaking!

If you enjoy kayaking in relatively quite waters with lots of fun places to explore, head to Moultonborough and put in at Lee's Mill or State's Landing and check out the northern most part of the lake. There are many islands, small rivers old camps and interesting places to explore. Of course, it is the home of the Loon Preservation Committee which is within walking distance of Lee's Mill. Spend several hours paddling between the launch areas mentioned above and Green's Basin. There is public swimming and ample free parking available at both locations. There are very few areas on the lake where you can enjoy all of these features. Here is a link to a slide show with examples of the things you may find here. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__bUUl-EVw
whalebackpoint'r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whalebackpoint'r For This Useful Post:
beagle (03-29-2016), beantownbaby (03-30-2016), Greene's Basin Girl (03-29-2016), loonguy (03-29-2016), secondcurve (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whalebackpoint'r View Post
If you enjoy kayaking in relatively quite waters with lots of fun places to explore, head to Moultonborough and put in at Lee's Mill or State's Landing and check out the northern most part of the lake. There are many islands, small rivers old camps and interesting places to explore. Of course, it is the home of the Loon Preservation Committee which is within walking distance of Lee's Mill. Spend several hours paddling between the launch areas mentioned above and Green's Basin. There is public swimming and ample free parking available at both locations. There are very few areas on the lake where you can enjoy all of these features. Here is a link to a slide show with examples of the things you may find here. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__bUUl-EVw
Please don't tell any more people about how great the northern part of the lake is. We like it quiet up here!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
beantownbaby (03-30-2016), mhtranger (03-28-2016)
Old 03-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #3
whalebackpoint'r

We do like it quiet up here, and kayakers are quiet.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
thinkxingu

Quote:
We do like it quiet up here, and kayakers are quiet.
I mean not busy, and it was a joke.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:19 PM   #5
jeffatsquam

I hope you can hear most of us applauding loud and clear That was an excellent contribution to this forum.

That took a lot of time and effort to gather all those great shots, then edit and produce such a pleasant work of art.

I commend who ever spent the time to put this together.

Your description and recommendation of the Northern end of the lake is spot on !!
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffatsquam For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (03-28-2016), whalebackpoint'r (03-28-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #6
whalebackpoint'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I mean not busy, and it was a joke.

No problem. Your comment was understood to be a joke. We've been sharing our shoreline for nearly sixty years and enjoy every minute watching the world go by on the water.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
thinkxingu

Quote:
No problem. Your comment was understood to be a joke. We've been sharing our shoreline for nearly sixty years and enjoy every minute watching the world go by on the water.
Agreed--we're in Hanson Cove, and it's definitely a special area.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:50 PM   #8
whalebackpoint'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffatsquam View Post
I hope you can hear most of us applauding loud and clear That was an excellent contribution to this forum.

That took a lot of time and effort to gather all those great shots, then edit and produce such a pleasant work of art.

I commend who ever spent the time to put this together.

Your description and recommendation of the Northern end of the lake is spot on !!
Thanks Jeff, appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:34 AM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

I have been in Green's Basin for 60+++ years and I would not want to be anywhere else on the lake. If you want to boat to the broads it will take a little time, but I love the calmness of our end of the lake. We boat to all the ports on the lake every weekend and we thoroughly enjoy it. It is always great to head back home though.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Too danged lazy or physically incapable to paddle a long distance, but still want to go kayaking, and explore the quiet side of Lake Winnipesaukee?

Well.....this might be for you? For about $2400, the kayak and hot tub store in Meredith across from the Volvo car dealer, has what seems to be a very well designed and constructed electric motor powered, sit-on-top kayak. The kayak is about 13' long, made by Old Town, and has an unusually large sized seat for one person that is higher up than usual and looks to be more comfortable.

Does it include a cup holder, and a freezable adult beverage container that is disquised as Dr Pepper's or such ........ r u kidding?

The motor, skeg and propeller is positioned just in front of the driver/paddler's seat, and the battery storage box is positioned behind the driver/paddler's seat.

In terms of use-ability, this one looks like it might be a real nice design? And, kayaks like this with electric motors are not required by the state to have a fire extinguisher on board.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:08 PM   #11
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Pretty sure what you are describing is a modified kayak intended for fishing. They are pretty cool albeit expensive. They are also designed to be far more stable in the water as well which is good for fishing.

I looked at one that was all dolled up at the front door in Cabelas in ME not to long ago. It was complete with the trolling motor, pole holders and of course, a fish finder. I believe it was also made by old town.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #12
noreast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Too danged lazy or physically incapable to paddle a long distance, but still want to go kayaking, and explore the quiet side of Lake Winnipesaukee?

Well.....this might be for you? For about $2400, the kayak and hot tub store in Meredith across from the Volvo car dealer, has what seems to be a very well designed and constructed electric motor powered, sit-on-top kayak. The kayak is about 13' long, made by Old Town, and has an unusually large sized seat for one person that is higher up than usual and looks to be more comfortable.

Does it include a cup holder, and a freezable adult beverage container that is disquised as Dr Pepper's or such ........ r u kidding?

The motor, skeg and propeller is positioned just in front of the driver/paddler's seat, and the battery storage box is positioned behind the driver/paddler's seat.

In terms of use-ability, this one looks like it might be a real nice design? And, kayaks like this with electric motors are not required by the state to have a fire extinguisher on board.
My Dad bought one, he tools around down at cape may. He absolutely loves it! said it's the best money he's spent since the time way back when, when he bailed me out.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote