Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
LookingforDock

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a map of the lake that can work with a Magellan Meridian Marine?

There is no map on the Magellan website, but I am trying to find if there is another solution to make this work or if I need to buy another device.
LookingforDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
ThePlut

Default Not

Not that I was ever able to find. I had a Meridian Gold (with Marine Basemap installed) for a while, but quickly upgraded to a fixed mount chartplotter and was much happier.

Good luck.
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default C Map

I have an old Magellen Map410, and the CD that came with it had a map Winnipesaukee on it. The unlock code was supposed to cost me $50, but when I called to get it, the person at CMap said it was the one free unlock I was entitled to. Not wanting to argue the point, I asked her once if that free unlock was supposed to be for land based maps and POI's, and she said no, Lake or Ocean maps were also included.

The map detail is ok, not great, but has no navaids (buoys and flashers). I bought Bizer's download of waypoints which was great timesavings, not having to do the inputting. I added a few others, like the black spar off the SE end of Treasure Is.

Here's a link to their website: http://www.c-map.com/ (no April Fools here.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Silver Duck

I have a Magellan Meridian that I use as a back up to my fixed mount Standard Horizon, and, yes, it is quite possible to download a useable image of the lake.

Mine came from Magellan's "MapSend - Streets and Destinations" CD. Since I bought the GPS before Bizer offered the electronic NavAids file, I programmed them in using the data on the back of Bizer's chart of the lake. Because of the limited screen space, I stuck with the lighted bouys plus a few of the other listed waypoints.

With that said, nothing else out there even comes close to the C-Map chip with Bizer's full chart detail running on a color GPS. I finally upgraded to that, in combination with an S-H 175C, last Spring; it made a huge difference in my comfort level with exploring new areas of the lake.

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote