Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
RC246

Default Cobalt 323

Was wondering if we had any owners of the Cobalt 323 among us? I was looking at this model as a possible pick for an upgrade from my 246. Would consider all input & opinions helpful. I’m hoping to see this model in the flesh at the Boston show.
RC246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
TomC

Default thats a lot of boat...

looking for a new boat myself.. and Cobalts sure are nice, and i intend to look closely at them. That 323 is a quarter-of-a-mil ride...

Cobalts seem to be built very well, have a great warranty, and are at the top of the jdpowers ratings for large runabouts (take a look at the JDPower site if you haven't been there in while. Some of the "gold standards" in large runabouts like Sea Ray have slipped, while some of the "low-enders" like Glastron and Stingray in small runabouts have moved up.. www.jdpower.com/boats). These boat rating/comment threads always turn into an endorsement for whatever the poster currently owns, but can anyone provide as an objective assessment as possible on the Cobalt in terms of the value, ie is the extra cost worth it?
TomC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
sunrise

Default boats

Cobalts are a great boat. I bought the 272 last year and am thinking of upgrading to the 302. It is an amazing boat. It out handles any other boat that I test drove. My 2006 272 is for sale, if you are interested send me an e-mail. The boat is stored in doors in Meridith.
sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC
These boat rating/comment threads always turn into an endorsement for whatever the poster currently owns, but can anyone provide as an objective assessment as possible on the Cobalt in terms of the value, ie is the extra cost worth it?
Here is what I can say after looking for around for over a year before I bought. Are Cobalts worth the money. Yes if you have the extra to spend it is worth investing in a Cobalt. However You can spend less money on others and be just as happy with the Quality. In short Because of resale value it is worth spending the money on the Colbalt. But if the cash is an issue many other make a fine investment. I will also say this to any one looking for a boat..... Look at used boats, there are a lot of hardly used boats that are very affordable.......
Old 04-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
Cobalt 25

Default input

We have owned 4 Cobalts, purchasing 3 of them new. We looked at the 26' Cobalt and the 26' Formula at the 2001 boat show and purchased a Formula.

We love the Formula in spite of having had a terrible experience with both Formula and Mercruiser. No more Mercs.

We don't regret buying the Formula, but, in all honesty, I think the Cobalts we had were better built. That's not to say the Formula is not a damn good boat, it's just that the Cobalts were better in fit and finish and overall design. We went with the Formula because it provided a better fishing platform, of all things!
Cobalt 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links