Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Cub Run

Default Bizer maps and GPS

I have always used the bizer laminated maps while boating, but I want to purchase a GPS -chartplotter to use on the Lake. I understand that the Bizer maps are limited to some specific manufacturers of GPS . Navman and Standard Horizon seem to be the only ones that I can find. Does anyone have additional information on these or others that can be reliably used with Bizer? I was looking for a unit that does not requre the antenna to be mounted on the boat ( perhaps internal or stowed in the glove box). Under a thousand dollars is my budget. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cub Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Dave R

Standard Horizon and Navman both make chart plotters that fit your needs. Look at the SH CP180i or the Navman Tracker 5505i. I don't know of any other C-Map chartplotters with the features you desire, but both of the listed devices are excellent and around $400, I think. You could spend more for a larger display, more features and some soft keys if you like.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:59 PM   #3
jrc

Go to www.c-map.com and look around. There is a list of all the chartplotters that work with their maps. Bizer maps are available mainly for c-map. They have work in progress for Garmin, check out www.bizer.com
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Bizer on Garmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
Go to www.c-map.com and look around. There is a list of all the chartplotters that work with their maps. Bizer maps are available mainly for c-map. They have work in progress for Garmin, check out www.bizer.com
RE: Running a Bizer cart on a Garmin - check out this thread as well.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
sgold44

Cool Standard Horizon 180I

I have an SH 180I w/the bizer chip, & it's great. All the hazards are marked,as well as depth contours for the whole lake. I still look at my paper map to plot out a course, but the gps is great for "on the go" charting. I hard wired to my boat, but you can also put a 12V plug on it. Good Luck
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #6
Cub Run

Default Standard Horizon

Thanks to all for the information provided. I think I will be going with a Standard Horizon with internal antenna, either the 180i or the 300i which seems to have a larger viewing screen. I found the 300i as low as $689 on line. I hope to be buying it and installing the Bizer chip for an early June launch.
See you on The Lake !
Cub Run is offline   Reply With Quote