Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
CateP

Default Christmas Eve Dinner

Hi there. My parents are coming up for Christmas and we were going to go to the Woodshed for Christmas Eve dinner. I have read some recent bad reviews and am now wondering if we should go somewhere else. We were looking forward to the prime rib.

Any recommendations for the Wolfeboro side of the lake? (we have to go to church so we can't go too far)
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
beaner

You'll have to check with these restaurants to see if they're open, but our current favorites are:

Mise en Place, Wolfeboro - Unmatched in the area for fine dining & service. Best place for a "splurge", or romantic dinner for two.

Corner House Inn, Center Sandwich - we've dined there numerous times over the past 30 years and have never, ever been disappointed. Warm, cozy atmosphere & a large menu, with something for everyone. We always start with a cup of their lobster & mushroom bisque. I believe they do serve Prime Rib on occasion, but check to make sure.

Lemongrass, Center Harbor - Our favorite for Asian food is actually East of Suez in Wolfeboro, but they're only open in summer. Lemongrass is our backup. They have a large sushi menu, all of it excellent. Good place for a larger group.
beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
Hi there. My parents are coming up for Christmas and we were going to go to the Woodshed for Christmas Eve dinner. I have read some recent bad reviews and am now wondering if we should go somewhere else. We were looking forward to the prime rib.

Any recommendations for the Wolfeboro side of the lake? (we have to go to church so we can't go too far)
Cate, my sincere opinion is go and check the places out yourself. I have taken my family to several restaurants that have had bad reviews here on the forum and ended up with great meals and service. I myself feel that any given day an establishment can have an off day.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Cate: You must've missed this. We are talking about the same thing HERE

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Lakewinn1

Smile Christmas Eve Dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
You'll have to check with these restaurants to see if they're open, but our current favorites are:

Mise en Place, Wolfeboro - Unmatched in the area for fine dining & service. Best place for a "splurge", or romantic dinner for two.

Corner House Inn, Center Sandwich - we've dined there numerous times over the past 30 years and have never, ever been disappointed. Warm, cozy atmosphere & a large menu, with something for everyone. We always start with a cup of their lobster & mushroom bisque. I believe they do serve Prime Rib on occasion, but check to make sure.

Lemongrass, Center Harbor - Our favorite for Asian food is actually East of Suez in Wolfeboro, but they're only open in summer. Lemongrass is our backup. They have a large sushi menu, all of it excellent. Good place for a larger group.
I highly recommend and agree with beaner the Corner House in Center Sandwich would be a great choice if they are open!
Lakewinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
MJM

Default Woodshed is great

I too have seen some negative reviews of the Woodshed on this site, but personally have never had a bad experience there. Read ALL the reviews (good and bad) and if possible go check out places you are considering.

But don't rule out a place solely on the basis of someone's posts.
MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
CateP

Default Corner House is NOT Open Xmas Eve

Just called them.

And I can appreciate not ruling out the Woodshed.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
CateP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
Cate: You must've missed this. We are talking about the same thing HERE
Sorry about that McDude. I missed that.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
BlackCatIslander

Default Another Woodshed fan

Like MJM My wife and I have many great meals at the Woodshed for over 30 years. Is it for everyone? No. The menu may not be to your liking, or the cost may be too high. However, it is our favorite restaurant. Are some nights better than others? Yes, the server may be superb, the conversation with our friends enjoyable, and so on. Based on my taste, I rate the Woodshed first and the Lakehouse second for fine dining. I can not comment on Wolfboro since we do not go there. Where ever you go I am sure that you will enjoy it.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
Lakepilot

Cate,

You might also look at the reviews on Yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-woodshed...moultonborough

It's easy to see if the reviews there are credible, since you can see all the other reviews posted by that person.

Hope you made out OK with the kindling.
Lakepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Barbara

The Wolfeboro Inn will be open on Christmas Eve.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
CateP (11-30-2011)