Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts
Default Sheafe House in Center Harbor

Once again ,the owners of the Sheafe House have stalled the inevitable according to the story in todays Citizen regarding the bankruptcy petition and cancelation of the auction.It is a delapitated eyesore that is also a danger to Senters Market ,should it ever catch fire. The town has been more than patient with the owner and has given her every opportunity to solve the problem as the place continues to decay.Center Harbor is looking good again.Old homes have been restored and new business' and homes on rt 25 are all attractive with the only eyesore being the Sheafe house.There is not enough money on the planet to bring that place up to code and it should be torn down as soon as possible.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
BlackCatIslander

Default You are correct!

It was an was an ugly building before it was moved and for the life of me I could not see any historical value to the building. What an eyesore.
BlackCatIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
twoplustwo

Thumbs down I don't condone arson...

... but a triple striking lightning bolt wouldn't upset me one bit. I drive by that mess every day, multiple times a day. It's an embarassment. I have no doubt there were good intentions behind it many moons ago when we all watched it wander down the street, but the time for legal manuevers like this has long past ended. It needs to go.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote