Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Silver Duck

Default MP to honor last-minute on-line tests?

Does anyone know whether the MP is planning to honor on-line Boater Ed tests taken in late December?

The Admiral took the test on December 27, paid, passed, and was issued a temporary certificate. But, she hasn't received the permanent card yet and we're getting a bit concerned. Not that there's any great hurry to receive the permanent card (with the lake just beginning to freeze over), but if we need to make an inquiry into the matter we don't want to wait too long.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Silver Duck
Silver Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Skip

Post Should be coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Duck
Does anyone know whether the MP is planning to honor on-line Boater Ed tests taken in late December?

The Admiral took the test on December 27, paid, passed, and was issued a temporary certificate. But, she hasn't received the permanent card yet and we're getting a bit concerned. Not that there's any great hurry to receive the permanent card (with the lake just beginning to freeze over), but if we need to make an inquiry into the matter we don't want to wait too long.

Silver Duck
Hey SD,

My understanding is they were completely overwhelmed by the numbers of folks applying the last few days so it is taking them a little longer than normal to get the permanent cards out. All completed tests prior to the first are still being honored, although belatedly!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
NHskier

Default Cards take a while ...

I took the test mid-summer, and my daughters took it shortly after Labor Day. In all cases the cards arrived just before the expiration date of the temporary certificate (45 days if I recall). My wife took the test just after Christmas, and has not yet received her card, either.

So based on our experience, plus the high volume, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a delay in getting the cards.

NH skier
NHskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Waterbaby

Default Honoring Boater Ed Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Duck

Silver Duck
I took mine on either the 30th or 31 (yup, another last-minute person here!) and I neglected to put my height on my form....anyway, when I returned their call (on January 5) I was told the info had already been sent to wherever the permanent cards are being printed, and that it would be a few weeks because of the volume of cards they had to print. If you would like to confirm they have received your test results, the number of the Boater Education Office is 1-888-254-2125.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
Waterbaby

Default I Got Mine!!!!!!!!

Forgot to post this last night -- no sooner had I made my post yesterday afternoon than the mail carrier came...... guess what was in the delivery? Yup, both hubby and my permanent cards! So keep the faith, those of you who haven't received your cards yet should be getting them at any time now........
Old 01-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
sawyers_point_girl

Same here....we took the test on Dec 28th and we just rec'd the perm cards Jan 22nd.
sawyers_point_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
KonaChick

I took it December 31 and haven't received anything yet! eeeeeks!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
Pineedles

Default No card yet

Another 12/31er here. No card yet, but I know how Gov't works (or not).
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote