Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Phantom

Default Map for computer

Hey all.

Was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could download a Nav map (like Bizer's) onto my computer?? Nothing interactive, or GPS capable -- simply a .PDF or similar file. Mapquest and others (for obvious reasons) fall well short of what I'm after.

As I am sure many of you do during the "off months", I keep an older/unused Nav map handy in my desk drawer for those times people here refer to an area of the Lake that I am unfamiliar with -- it serves as a great way to learn the names of various coves, etc over time. It would be so much easier if it was loaded on the 'puter.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Hey all.

Was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could download a Nav map (like Bizer's) onto my computer?? Nothing interactive, or GPS capable -- simply a .PDF or similar file.
Go to Bizer's site and you'll see the following;

If you have your own mapping software (such as Fugawi or Oziexplorer) and you want an electronic version of Bizer's chart, well lookee here. Bizer also offer's it's map of Winnipesaukee electronically, on a CD for your own personal use. The CD has Bizer's most recent chart in several formats:

In BMP format at 96 bits per inch and 254 bits per inch
In TIF format at 96 and 254 BPI
In JPG format at 96 BPI
In GIF format at 96 BPI
In PostScript format

If you need another format PLEASE ASK and we'll try to accommodate you.

This even contains all the corrections on Bizer's sixth edition chart. However, no software comes with Bizer's charts. The cost is $49.50 plus shipping/handling charge (see below to order). - Product code WWCD

So it may not be .PDF but I'd think one of the above format would do.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Phantom

Yup -- any of the formats will do

Was just looking for something to refer to while on the PC ......... Scanning my hard copy would be a pain (too large for the scanner)
Old 12-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
The Big Kahuna

Default Google Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Hey all.

Was wondering if anyone has or knows where I could download a Nav map (like Bizer's) onto my computer??.
Try using Google Earth, you can down load it for free from Google. It has the capability to find roads, points of interest and islands if you turn on the feature. It gives you a satilite view in 3D.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:01 AM   #5
Phantom

I am aware of Google - Thanks

What I am after is more of a NAV Map (FL's listed & cove names) that I can reference from the PC. I'm not trying to use the PC as a Navigational tool - simply a way to view the map in a managable fashion.

The best way I've found to learn the little (and sometimes not so little) cove names, "Points" and smaller Island names- and exact locations- is to look for them when made mention of in this forum -- seems if I actually look them up to locate them and reference an area I'm familiar with I tend to retain the name and location better.