Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Phantom

Default Garmin supported Bizer Charts

Just took a peek at the Bizer site and was estatic to notice the work being done to get them compatible with Garmin equipment.

KUDO's

Bizer, one suggestion as I looked at all your screenshots -- (and I know it's being picky) -- for the visually impaired - those who wear glasses -- any chance of making the FL buoy's a color -- perhaps yellow. I would think orange would be too close to Red to distinguish.

In any event -- Glad to see it's coming --
Old 11-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #2
Bizer

Default BiZer's hands are tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
... Bizer, one suggestion as I looked at all your screenshots -- (and I know it's being picky) -- for the visually impaired - those who wear glasses -- any chance of making the FL buoy's a color -- perhaps yellow. ...
On Bizer's paper chart, we have total control. Bizer could make the symbol of a flashing buoy look like a yellow, 1957 Buick if we wanted to. However, Bizer has little control of symbols on a Garmin device. Garmin has a handful of symbols and we must pick one. Bizer can't even control the direction. Buoys point to the one o-clock position, period. For consistency with other Garmin charts, Bizer would not want to alter the symbols anyway.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #3
Phantom

Thanks for the Rationale ---- make obvious sense!

Kudo's again -- let us all know when your about to roll them out
Old 11-27-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
KBoater

Default Garmin 498

Last week I tested a Garmin 498 with an internal antenna. The pick up was excellent (as good as the external) here in Florida. The color definition is excellent. My only problem is the size of the screen which does not work well on my boat. I am trying to go from black/white to color. The old GPS is larger and covers the channels better on one screen.

I was thinking I could use the same GPS both north and south.
The depth sounder is not on my Winnie boat. BTW does anyone use a fish finder on Winnie?