Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Hermit Cover

Default Insurance Policy Recommendations

I am looking for a new fire / homeowner's policy and wonder what the Forum thinks. The home is a waterfront...Winnipesaukee...new home. Any strong Recommendations?? There could probably be multiple cars, boats, and umbrella policy tie-ins if economical.
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
I am looking for a new fire / homeowner's policy and wonder what the Forum thinks. The home is a waterfront...Winnipesaukee...new home. Any strong Recommendations?? There could probably be multiple cars, boats, and umbrella policy tie-ins if economical.
Allstate always treated me pretty good, get a quote!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Lucky2Bhere

Call Ellen at Melcher-Prescott Insurance in Meredith. She's the best agent we've ever had...anywhere. They handle everything for us with very personal service.
Lucky2Bhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
phoenix

we use Cross( use to be Horne) in Meredith for home, car and boat.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Little Bear

I have a product from Met Life called "Grand Protect". It combines my homes, cars, boats, snowmobile and Umbrella all into one policy. Aside from the fact that it made things simple, by combining these separate policies into this one "Grand Protect" policy, I saved a ton of money. I had a claim last year and Met was excellent to deal with. I think any Met agent can write this or you can probably go direct to Met.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Irish mist

Modern Woodman out of Gilford. David Pereria is a thoughtful, intelligent agent. Melcher-Prescott is solid.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
T.H.E. Binz

Default Cambridge Mutual

I've had Cambridge Mutual (through Noyes in Plymouth/Meredith) for ten years. The one claim that I've had was handled quickly and to my satisfaction.
T.H.E. Binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
I have a product from Met Life called "Grand Protect". It combines my homes, cars, boats, snowmobile and Umbrella all into one policy. Aside from the fact that it made things simple, by combining these separate policies into this one "Grand Protect" policy, I saved a ton of money. I had a claim last year and Met was excellent to deal with. I think any Met agent can write this or you can probably go direct to Met.
I absolutely love the idea of a policy like that. I have been thinking if I could get one life would be so much easier. Do you know if they have a limit on how many things they will cover? I wish I had known about that a couple of months ago. I just switched my homeowner's which was $4100. to Safeco which is a little more than half that. Much as you hate to do it, you really do have to check out your insurance every one in a while to see if it is competitive.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I absolutely love the idea of a policy like that. I have been thinking if I could get one life would be so much easier. Do you know if they have a limit on how many things they will cover? I wish I had known about that a couple of months ago. I just switched my homeowner's which was $4100. to Safeco which is a little more than half that. Much as you hate to do it, you really do have to check out your insurance every one in a while to see if it is competitive.

$4100.00 for homeowners Insurance?? Do you own a multiple Million dollar home?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:04 PM   #10
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Hartford Insurance

I had MetLife for years and they never told me about the 'Grand Protect'. I had a multivehicle discount, multipolicy discount as well as a corporate discount because I worked for Lockheed. They were very good with claims. Whenever I find a cheaper policy elsewhere, they would rewrite the policies to meet or exceed. I.E. they will not let you be aware of any new changes that may effect your premiums.

When I lost my job, I lost my discount and shop around. I switch to AARP/Hartford as they were the least expensive of all insurance companies I investigated. Metlife tried to do the match game, but decide to stay with Hartford because metLife have not been 'honest' about their pricing.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I'm not sure if they limit how many things they'll cover. I'd refer you to the agent I used, but he had a falling out with Met a couple of years ago and no longer has the Met line. I deal directly with Met now.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #12
acanthus

Default Ins.

You can't go wrong insuring through Maine Mutual. Highly recommend finding an agent that offers Maine Mutual Ins. Presque Isle, Maine.
I have used this company since 1968, and have had to submit various claims since, (including a fire at rental property I owned) always satisfied with results.
In 40+ years, no company has been able to compete with the rates.
Spence & Matthews Ins. Co. in Rochester, and Berwick, Me. are agents that offer Maine Mutual.
acanthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #13
bigdog

Default Insurance Policy Recommendations ?

Can anyone give me feedback on 'Paige Insurance Agency' ?

I believe they're located in Pittsfield NH?

Thanks,
Bigdog
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
Hughie

Default Second Home Insurance Coverage

Second Home Insurance coverage market is huge in the Lakes Region. I have never had a claim, but every two years the carrier wants to drop the policy. Is there a fault line running through the region? I was wondering what's up with insurance carriers and second home market in the lakes region.
Hughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:23 PM   #15
bigdog

Default Insurance Policy Recommendations

I just purchased Homeowner insurance from Allstate in Gilford.

The folks there treated me like I was a family, very professional, and provided only the insurance I needed at a very reasonale price. They didn't try to sell me additional coverage I really didn't need based upon my needs.

I shopped around, and they seemed to be the most competitive !

Very satisfied with the experience. Of course the true measure of any insurance policy is when you make that first claim !

BD
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
Belmont Resident

Default I had problems with Melcher & Prescott

I used them for my business policy and had mega problems with the provider they hooked me up with and zero customer service support from them.
I'm now in the process of looking for a new provider.
My wife compares rates every year for all of our personal policies, home, auto, boat, atv, snowmobile and she has never gone with Melcher & Prescott because their rates are always significantly higher than anyone else.
Remember they are not a provider just a middle man. They make money by doing the leg work for you and hooking you up with the actual provider.
Bottom line if you have the time to shop around yourself you will do much better then having an agency do the work for you.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 PM   #17
Water Camper

Default Very Happy with MMG Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by acanthus View Post
You can't go wrong insuring through Maine Mutual. Highly recommend finding an agent that offers Maine Mutual Ins. Presque Isle, Maine.
I have used this company since 1968, and have had to submit various claims since, (including a fire at rental property I owned) always satisfied with results.
In 40+ years, no company has been able to compete with the rates.
Spence & Matthews Ins. Co. in Rochester, and Berwick, Me. are agents that offer Maine Mutual.
I'm also very Pleased with MMG Insurance. Have had it on our properties for over 10 years, justed added vehicles and an umbrella policy. Used Heather Anderson out of Weizorek Insurance, Manchester, NH.

Worth Checking,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote