Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
This'nThat

Default 2 Feet of Snow for the Lake this week (22 Feb 2010)?

Here's what WMUR is saying, as of Monday evening. Get your snowshovels ready. http://www.wmur.com/weather/22633773/detail.html

The first storm is expected to arrive Tuesday afternoon. Storm Watch 9 meteorologist Mike Haddad said the storm will start as light in the afternoon but will pick up in intensity through the evening and overnight Wednesday.

Haddad said the northern Manadnock Region, Lake Sunapee, Upper Valley, Lakes Region and White Mountains will likely see more than a foot of snow from the storm that is expected to last through daybreak Thursday. Areas north and south of those mentioned will pick up 6 to 12 inches.

A second storm will then move in to the area Thursday afternoon and continue through Friday bringing with it another foot or more of snow to the above mentioned areas. Again, areas north and south of those mentioned will see anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow.

Light snow is expected to continue through Sunday.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Formula

Default Snow

That is just great...i spent 10 days waiting for snow so we can go snowmobiling and nothing. Now that the lake is becomming unsafe we get 2 feet of snow. Also Moultonborough trails are closed for the season!
All of us that enjoy the outdoors in the winter can not catch a break this year.
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
LakesRegionSpirit

Maybe this saves the Sled Dog Derby for the first weekend in March???
www.LakesRegionSpirit.com
LakesRegionSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #4
meredith weekender

with the potential for two feet of snow, will the trails stay closed?????
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
NoBozo

Default Snow and Ice

Please People: NO amount of SNOW will make the ICE any safer than it is right now. Snow will cover thin ice perfectly. Be Careful. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
corollaman (02-23-2010), Cristen (02-23-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
corollaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesRegionSpirit View Post
Maybe this saves the Sled Dog Derby for the first weekend in March???
I don't know..... the sun is hotter this time of year, the 6 inches we got a week ago is already gone, plus I think they are saying more than we will actually get. Don't hold your breath......Plus there will be rain mixed in too, so that will make it harder for it to accumulate. What I like about snow this time of year, it doesn't last long.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
hilltopper

I'll believe it when I see it. There could be more mixing in this area than what WMUR is predicting. Predictions are all over the place. For the first storm I've seen as little as 3" predicted (low end of InAccuweather's prediction) to 15" (high end of WMUR's prediction). In between are NECN which has us in the 5" to 9" range and the Weather Channel which has us around 6". Who to believe?
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #8
fatlazyless

...darn, this snow isn't going to be good for tennis....dontcha know I spent about an hour yesterday shoveling crisscrosses into the court-snow with the backboard....so's the sun heat can penetrate into the court and speed up the melting....just watch....all that prep work and now it will probably get buried....it's already starting to flurry in WV....

this is slightly off-topic but hopefully no one will mind....while shovelling rows thru the white snow yesterday.....got me thinking...all tennis balls used to be white...fast-forward about 40 years...and now all tennis balls are brite yellow.....like whatever happened to white tennis balls and why the big switch to yellow.....if that can happen to tennis balls, could be it will happen to snow, too.....what's next....brite yellow snow? ya know those white tennis balls worked just fine...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-23-2010 at 08:36 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
This'nThat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
like whatever happened to white tennis balls and why the big switch to yellow..
White's probably too expensive to make. It consists of all the colors, you know, so if you were to go down the aisle and price each color -- yellow, green, blue, etc., just think of the cost of including all those colors just to get boring white.

So, most of the expensive things are made of white. Black is just the opposite -- no color. That's why roads are made of black -- otherwise, with all those miles and miles of pavement, it would cost a fortune to make them out of white.

This is all being said with tongue in cheek, of course, just so we never have a chance to get back on topic and talk about the snowstorm.
This'nThat is offline   Reply With Quote