Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
dmjr

Default Sears in Tilton - Customer Service

Just thought I would give you all a heads up about a experience I have had with Sears in Tilton. I took my Kenmore Vacuum cleaner there at the beginning of December to get the power cord replaced under warranty. They told me that it would be a week turnaround to get it back. After it did not arrive a week later they called me to inform me that it was going to be longer than expected since they lost it. I went down today after they called me to say it was in and they could not find when I got there. Talk about bad customer service!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Belmont Resident

Default Concord

I avoid that place and drive to Concord.
I just don’t trust or like the owner. I think the word that best describes him as very arrogant.
The original owner before he bought the place was excellent to deal with. I’m not sure if this guy bought the store before or after they moved from Gilford to Sanbornton.
I’ve also has some issues with Sears. Those Kenmore vacuum cleaners are the best though.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

I think the best vacuum is a central vacuum system. If you are building a house I would suggest you get it installed when the house is being built. We have had our system for 20 years and we have never had a problem with it. It makes vacuuming "almost" a pleasure.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
GTO

Default keep in mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjr View Post
Just thought I would give you all a heads up about a experience I have had with Sears in Tilton. I took my Kenmore Vacuum cleaner there at the beginning of December to get the power cord replaced under warranty. They told me that it would be a week turnaround to get it back. After it did not arrive a week later they called me to inform me that it was going to be longer than expected since they lost it. I went down today after they called me to say it was in and they could not find when I got there. Talk about bad customer service!
Keep in mind, there are alot of Sears stores closing which means some disgruntled employees and some that just don't care about customer service anymore. Not saying its right, just saying it happens
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
jniff101

Would anyone know where to go to get my Dyson worked on?
jniff101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default None came up

I did a local search and all I got was Sears, Walmart, Lowes, Macys.
Looked on the web site and they had nothing for repair centers but you can order parts if you know what is broken.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts
Thumbs up Vacman & Bobbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniff101 View Post
Try Vacman and Bobbin on 225 DW Highway in Belmot, also have a location in Concord. They are very nice family run business and extremely helpful.

www.vacmanandbobbin.com/
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (01-19-2012), jniff101 (01-24-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
This is what I found on Dyson web site...Good Luck.

How do I get my Dyson product serviced?

Most questions or inquiries can be solved over the phone by one of our Helpline staff.
If you feel your Dyson needs to be serviced, please contact our toll-free Helpline at
1-866-MY-DYSON (1-866-693-9766), between the hours of:
  • 8am - 8pm (CST) Monday to Friday
  • 9am - 6pm (CST) on Saturday
  • Closed on Sunday
If it is determined that your vacuum needs to be serviced, a Helpline representative will assist in locating a Dyson authorized service center nearest you.
If a Dyson authorized service center is not conveniently located to you, the Helpline will arrange to have your unit shipped to Dyson directly for service and shipped directly back to your residence.
Our Helpline operators will be happy to advise you on the service process — please ask if you need clarification.
jniff101 (01-24-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #9
dmjr

Default Update on my vacuum cleaner

After calling Sears again this morning, it was finally determined that it went from Tilton to Randolph Mass to Kingston NH back to Randolph Mass and finally in Chesterfield VT. They told me that they had no when it would be back from Vermont
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
songkrai

Quote:
NEVERETTS SEW AND VAC INC.
51 EAST PEARL ST.
NASHUA, NH. 03060
Telephone
1 603-883-5409

Seacoast Vacuum Cleaner
178 Lafayette Road, Seabrook, NH 03874-4510
(603) 474-9216

Sewing Machine Center
14 Addison Street, Laconia, NH 03246-3627
(603) 524-6336
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
songkrai

The Sears store is question is a franchise store. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Sears has traveled a bit since it was one time the largest retailer in the world. Sears Tower in Chicago was the pinacle of the Sears empire. Including offices and the largest distribution center the building was completed in the mid/late 1960's. Just about the time that Home Depot and others were starting up in California and Arkansas.

The current story begins with the filing of bankruptcy of KMart. Edward S. Lampert purchased much of the assets and real estate of KMart from bankruptcy court. Edward S. Lampert and others leveraged that and KMart purchased Sears Stores. Then this company changed it's name to Sears Holdings or some such wording. So the investors of bankrupt KMart buy Sears. Then change the name to Sears.

Almost everyone in my generation used to shop Sears. At one time you could purchase almost anything at Sears from pre-packaged homes to cars to motorcycles and all sorts of tools, furniture, appliances, and clothing and on and on. There was a Sears Catalog store in almost every city/town in the country. Sears was on top and all others were small potatos.

Times have changed. Sears Holdings is attempting a turnaround for both KMart and Sears stores.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
GTO

Default service

Quote:
Originally Posted by songkrai View Post
NEVERETTS SEW AND VAC INC.
51 EAST PEARL ST.
NASHUA, NH. 03060
Telephone
1 603-883-5409

Seacoast Vacuum Cleaner
178 Lafayette Road, Seabrook, NH 03874-4510
(603) 474-9216

Sewing Machine Center
14 Addison Street, Laconia, NH 03246-3627
(603) 524-6336

When we were looking for a new vacuum cleaner a few years ago, we went to Neveretts in Nashua. They had a long row of Dysons along one wall so we asked about Dysons. The salesman said those were all there for repair and he would not reccommend Dyson at all
Old 01-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
songkrai

Well, whether it is Kirby or Dyson some just like expensive vacuum cleaners. Some swear that these are better then all others.

Me, I go to the the Wallyworld Black Friday and purchase a $24.00 upright hepa bagless vacuum cleaner. They last 3-4 years. Then I get another. Yes, it is a real vacuum cleaner and not just a motorized mop. It sucks just as good as the expensive ones.

No attachments. So a few dollars more if you want attachments.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Argie's Wife

I also use Vacman & Bobbin - great service, good prices and very nice folks!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjr View Post
After calling Sears again this morning, it was finally determined that it went from Tilton to Randolph Mass to Kingston NH back to Randolph Mass and finally in Chesterfield VT. They told me that they had no when it would be back from Vermont
Wow!All this traveling to replace a $10 cord?Kind of reminds me of Cates Subaru thread.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
AC2717

DOwn here in MA, my mother bought a Craftsman snowblower, though I told her not to, she wanted to use a store credit card. WEll within the first year it needed a boat load of work.
Called to set up an appointment, she at least bought the warrenty
Brought it to the store, was picked up at sears by a sears van, drover it out to somewhere out to springfield to get fix (she lives in Boston), they had it two week, then they had to drive it back to the store and then I picked it up. I was told that all the machines go there. What a joke

Also I had to send it back three times. SO then once you go through to someone the third time (same flaws) and I was not around to bring it to the store, they brought a new one to her door. Funny thing was she bought a 4HP, they brought her a 8hp, and took the old one away. YOu wonder why they are in trouble. They just gave her a 1 year newer machine, that cost almost $400 more. Make sense. WHen she asked the guy if she would be charged for it. He said no, this is what I had in the truck so you are all set

I used to love Sears up until about 6 years ago when all their stuff turned to crap, but I still like their craftsman hand tools
Old 01-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #17
Sue Doe-Nym

Having bought Craftsmen tools for many years because of the warranty, I had a broken 1/4" drive socket wrench and took it to the Tilton store. What a disappointment. The people were not friendly and could only give me a reconditioned wrench and not a new one. The quality was noticeably poorer than the original and I was basically told to take the one they offered and shut up.

No more Craftsman tools. What are some other brands of tools that people are buying?
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #18
AC2717

Cobalt hand tools at lowes are acutally pretty nice i like them
Sue Doe-Nym (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

SnapOn for me. I have some MAC too. Both have lifetime warranties too and they give you a new replacement. These are professional tools though so they are very expensive but will last a lifetime. The stuff I have has never failed me. You can sometimes get deals off ebay.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
SnapOn for me. I have some MAC too. Both have lifetime warranties too and they give you a new replacement. These are professional tools though so they are very expensive but will last a lifetime. The stuff I have has never failed me. You can sometimes get deals off ebay.
I love their stuff as well and own some, but now that I am more of hire someone type person because of my job, Cobalt at lowes suits me just fine, they have a replacement warrenty as well
Old 01-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Could be another case of the service at this store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym View Post
Having bought Craftsmen tools for many years because of the warranty, I had a broken 1/4" drive socket wrench and took it to the Tilton store. What a disappointment. The people were not friendly and could only give me a reconditioned wrench and not a new one. The quality was noticeably poorer than the original and I was basically told to take the one they offered and shut up.

No more Craftsman tools. What are some other brands of tools that people are buying?
Contact Sears customer service or go to a full service store. I bet you get better satisfaction.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #22
Belmont Resident

Default Sears returns

Sears has not been giving off the shelf replacements on tools for years now on ratchets.
Not sure how they work on other tools but I’m sure reconditioned is going to be there first choice. I know way back when they took a brand new one off the shelf and handed it to you.
As for other tool suppliers, I was told that HD and Lowes has a lifetime warrantee on their tools but you are only allowed to get a replacement twice then no more.
Now it WAS at a Sears store that I was told this so I’m not sure if it is in fact true or not.
Either way Sears in general has been going down hill for years. Trying to keep up with the competition has driven their customer service down.
I still will not buy anything but Kenmore vacuum cleaners though. I’ve never had one last less than 10 years.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
guntrain44

Default Tilton Sears

I have had nothing but great services there.
guntrain44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #24
Winni-Retired

Default Tilton sears

Saw a sign in the window yesterday, as we drove by, that the store was closing ....... It looked like they had a smaller sign that said moving ... but with traffic, it was tough to read it all as to where they are going.
Winni-Retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Paugus Bay Resident

Maybe a result of this?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,4483819.story
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #26
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

I had to replace a Kobalt ratchet three times. JH Williams tools used to make Koblat but now they are Chinese made. You can get some good tools at Menard's of all places. Husky is made in China as well..
One of the reasons they limit returns is that people buy cheap used sets off ebay and try to return them to Lowe's for a full value replacement.
Tool quality is severely lacking these days and until people demand better quality....tools are turning into a disposable asset.
Thankfully I bought most of my tools a long time ago when quality was much better.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #27
NHBoat70

Default Closing

I don't think you have to worry about Sears in Tilton anymore. This Homecenter store will be closing soon...
NHBoat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #28
fatlazyless

Closed - drove past today and the sign in the window says Closed!

There is a very nice Sears up in Plymouth, Rt 93-Exit 26, close to Wal-mart which is a very well run Sears store crammed full with everything Sears.