Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
Jidge

Default The Farmers Kitchen

I just wanted to let people who don't know about The Farmers Kitchen that its definitely worth waiting outside in 20 degree temps for 20 mins. It has a great atmosphere inside and the food is phenomenal. We stopped in Sunday morning on the sleds and I know we found our new breakfast stop. The waitstaff was very friendly and courteous. The prices were awesome considering the amount of food they serve. I got the hash omelette with home fries that I swore came from my own house. My wife got one of the 5-6 different eggs Benedict they serve and my brother got a Western omelette. Its really worth checking out.
They're right on a Powdermill trail right across from the Irving gas station in Farmington.
Jidge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jidge For This Useful Post:
Overlake97 (01-10-2014), RLW (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidge View Post
I just wanted to let people who don't know about The Farmers Kitchen that its definitely worth waiting outside in 20 degree temps for 20 mins. It has a great atmosphere inside and the food is phenomenal. We stopped in Sunday morning on the sleds and I know we found our new breakfast stop. The waitstaff was very friendly and courteous. The prices were awesome considering the amount of food they serve. I got the hash omelette with home fries that I swore came from my own house. My wife got one of the 5-6 different eggs Benedict they serve and my brother got a Western omelette. Its really worth checking out.
They're right on a Powdermill trail right across from the Irving gas station in Farmington.
They are part of the White family that owned the Edgewood restaurant on rte 28 where the Alton American Legion is now. Good food, friendly staff, and reasonably priced. Used to stop there after golf at Farmington GC. Love thsir White burger with red pepper relish, and their rings. Thanks for mentioning.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited by upthesaukee; 01-07-2014 at 09:15 AM.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
riverat

This is an establishment that needs no help to suceed, even though many places in that same location could not thrive, the Farmers Kitchen has shown in the last 2 years that hard work, quality foods, friendly management and waitstaff and no skimping on the amount served at a fair price is a recipe for success.
When they first open we went there hoping for the best and they delivered, I told my wife if they do not change, they will be successful. 2 years later, they are planning an expansion and people are standing in line. and these are mostly local patrons, which says a lot.

I am not affiliated with this business, just a happy customer.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
windsail

Default farmer kitchen

Where is it located?
Thanks

Quote:
windsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
Jidge

Its on Rt 11, diagonally to the left of Honey Dew. There is an Irving gas station directly across the street
Jidge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jidge For This Useful Post:
Alton Lady (01-30-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #6
Alton Lady

Quote:
Its on Rt 11, diagonally to the left of Honey Dew. There is an Irving gas station directly across the street
I've never noticed it.....will have to give it a try!
Alton Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
mcdude

Thanked 1,044 Times in 490 Posts
Default Free wireless internet!!

The entrance looks something like this

and you'll find their website here... http://www.farmerskitchen-nh.com/index.html

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #8
patman

We went there for breakfast on Saturday (after discovering that the Alton Cafe had closed) and had a great meal. The bacon is amazing. They have a meat lover 's omelette with bacon, ham, and sausage, and now I'm wondering if they'll allow substituting bacon, bacon, and bacon...
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patman For This Useful Post:
trfour (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #9
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by patman View Post
We went there for breakfast on Saturday (after discovering that the Alton Cafe had closed) and had a great meal. The bacon is amazing. They have a meat lover 's omelette with bacon, ham, and sausage, and now I'm wondering if they'll allow substituting bacon, bacon, and bacon...
Hi patman, you could also plant some bacon seeds this Spring to supplement your bacon needs...

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
Alton Lady

Default Yum!

I finally got out to try the Farmers Kitchen, and had probably the best burger ever. Patman is right the bacon is amazing. The staff was so friendly, everything was so clean.
Alton Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat View Post
This is an establishment that needs no help to suceed, even though many places in that same location could not thrive, the Farmers Kitchen has shown in the last 2 years that hard work, quality foods, friendly management and waitstaff and no skimping on the amount served at a fair price is a recipe for success.
When they first open we went there hoping for the best and they delivered, I told my wife if they do not change, they will be successful. 2 years later, they are planning an expansion and people are standing in line. and these are mostly local patrons, which says a lot.

I am not affiliated with this business, just a happy customer.
I can attest to their awesome breakfasts. and great service and decent prices

Old 06-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #12
Lakemamma

We love The a Farmers Kitchen also. Never had a bad meal or service and prices are great for all the food you get. We try to go there at least once a month.
Lakemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #13
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemamma View Post
We love The a Farmers Kitchen also. Never had a bad meal or service and prices are great for all the food you get. We try to go there at least once a month.
Lakemamma,

I have to go to Rochester Friday morning. Read the reviews and menu. I have plugged the location into my GPS. My big decision is do I stop there first or do my business in Rochester and stop on my way back to Moultonboro???

WINNOCTURN
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #14
KarenM

Default Great recommendation!

I also had the opportunity to try the Farmers Kitchen recently, and was very impressed! We had a nice lunch, excellent portions, and everyone is right - a real value. The staff was very attentive - everyone made sure we were taken care of, not solely our server. The whole staff should be proud of the impression they make.
KarenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #15
Lakemamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Lakemamma,

I have to go to Rochester Friday morning. Read the reviews and menu. I have plugged the location into my GPS. My big decision is do I stop there first or do my business in Rochester and stop on my way back to Moultonboro???

WINNOCTURN
Winn,

O you will be so happy you did go. This is a place that just makes you feel like family. They even have flavored creamers for your coffee. My friend and I sit there for at least 2 hours when we go to catch up and you never get that look or feeling they want you to leave.

Enjoy!
Lakemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakemamma For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (06-26-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 05:58 AM   #16
riverat

Quote:
Lakemamma,

WINNOCTURN
I believe they close at 2pm
Old 06-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #17
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Lakemamma,

WINNOCTURN
Both Ways
Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 AM   #18
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
Hi patman, you could also plant some bacon seeds this Spring to supplement your bacon needs...

Terry

Now that's just mean look at those babies...
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote