Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #1
MeredithSailing

Default Youth and Adult Sailing Lessons in Meredith

I wanted to let everyone know that the Meredith Bay Sailing Association is offering sailing lessons for children and adults. All lessons are taught by US Sailing Certified Instructors. We offer children's classes in 2 week lessons from 1-3 Monday-Thursday. The next class is starting on July 24th and has one spot left. The following class starts on August 4th and there is still room to sign up in that class. Classes are held on the water in front of Lago restaurant for children 8-14 years old. We also offer adult sailing lessons as well as a lake cruise on our J22. The adult lessons can be scheduled at your convenience Friday-Sunday and then in the mornings Monday-Thursday.
Any questions or for registration material please feel free to call (603)-455-SAIL/7245. Also check out our new website MeredithBaySailing for more information about our programs.

Last edited by MeredithSailing; 07-13-2008 at 08:33 PM.
MeredithSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #2
Winnipesaukee

I saw you guys out sailing last week. Looking good! I did notice you had at least one Opti-like sprit rigged boat out there. It looked to be flying a larger Opti sail. What was that?

On a side note, I also saw a couple of guys (not part of the program) in a DS drift off the public docks, toss an anchor overboard, and psudo-rig his boat. Kind of scary when people don't know what they're doing...

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
MeredithSailing

Default Shellback

The other wooden boats are called Shellbacks. We have 2 of them that one of people in charge of the program built. We use them instead of the opti for the bigger kids since there is more room to move around in them and are more comfortable to learn to sail in.
MeredithSailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
Newfie

Default MBSA Kids Win the Dead Fish

I just saw that the young sailors from Meredith Bay had a great performance (1st and 2nd place!) at the Dead Fish Regatta at UNH. Congratulations to a program that is just in its infancy.
Newfie is offline   Reply With Quote