Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
sgold44

Cool Another soggy weekend?

I'm heading up to the lake tonite, hoping for some good boating weather. Anybody have any insight for the forecast. It's been a tough spring. This is our first summer at Winipesaukee. I have been an ocean boater for the past 10 years. I sold the 30 ft Cruiser & bought a 22 ft bowrider. I've got a slip at parker Marine in Alton Bay. I purchased a c-map of the lake for my Standard GPS. Any reccomendations for good cruising spots on the lake? I have 2 daughters, 11 & 8, and they love sand bars & beaches. See you out there.
Scott G.
"Sea's The Day III
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
ThePlut

Default Rain and more rain

Looks like rain both days. The Weather Channel is saying 80 - 90%. WMUR held out some hope this morning, but I haven't watched the weather tonight. Not looking good.

I also keep my boat in Parker Marine, this is my first year with them, first weekend was last weekend. Bridge really freaked me out (I have a 24' bowrider and JUST made it). Little nervous about leaving it in the water for the first year, so if you see a 1/2 sunken blue Cobalt, have them call me.

I may go up, just to check on it, on Sunday.

For Sand Bars, I like Braun Bay and Farrar Point the best. But there are tons of places to go and explore, and the more experienced explorers will chime in for sure.

...Jim
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #3
Weekend Pundit

Exclamation Sunday Might Be OK

I caught the 6PM forecast on WMUR. Mike Haddad was saying that Sunday might be OK for central and northern NH. Maybe a little sun, but little, if any rain. It's southern NH that will probably have to deal with rain on Sunday.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #4
Kamper

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/03054?locid=03054

try this
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
george b

Default Friday afternoon-Awesome weather

We lucked out Friday afternoon with some pretty good weather on the lake. I took the jet ski over to Johnson's Cove and noticed some construction going on at the airport. Does anyone know what they are doing?
george b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #6
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

It's called Grand View Commons. See THIS THREAD for more information.
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Lakegeezer

Default Saturday turned out nice

The weather broke about noon, and there was even some blue sky around. The weather report was not accurate. Not many boats earlier in the day, but now around 4PM, the traffic is picking up. Summer is finally here!
Old 06-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #8
Island Girl

Default The sun is out....

....the lake is calm... It has been a nice boating day here today... no rain since early morning.

Yesterday was also ok... no rain...

It is quiet out there... I expect a lot of people stayed home...

....... Make Lemonade
Island Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:55 PM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

On Saturday afternoon, my wife and I went over to Tilton to play golf. The place was almost deserted except for a small outing that was just finishing up. No traffic and no boats to speak of looking out at the broads along rte 11. Forecast for Sunday was 70% chance of Showers all day at 8 PM Sat night.

Got up this morning, helped out at the Alton Canoe / kayak race...no rain. went over and played golf...no rain. came home and little traffic...a few showers and a steadier rain after dark.

Feel bad for the merchants in the area. Bad forecasts of weather certainly keeps folks away, and they (merchants) suffer when it turns out nice.

Gotta love N. E. weather!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
Rinkerfam

My wife and I arrived in Laconia around 3:30pm Sat. to be greeted by mostly sunny conditions. We spent Sat. evening in Center Harbor, Meredith and Laconia. The weather was very pleasant. Today we took the boat from Paugus Bay to Center Harbor and enjoyed mostly sunny conditions again. All in all a much better weekend than expected. Kudos to WMUR for predicting that central and northern NH would be decent in terms of weather for the weekend.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #11
SIKSUKR

Default Sometimes you just have to go.

Got to the lake Friday noon and was surprised with partly sunny and warm(82) weather.Saturday had a shower early then turned out pretty nice with partly sunny skies in the afternoon.But Sunday was the winner.Mostly sunny skies.It was beautifull and I ended up pretty sunburned thinking the sun would not last.The lake was absolutely empty all weekend.Kind of weird for the last weekend in June.It really was like a weekday.I expected a possible washout but you just never know.Sometimes you just have to go and see what happens.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #12
GTO

Default weather????

I love when the weathermen say its going to rain and it turns out beatiful like Sunday and everyone stays home away from the lake. I was out all day on the boat with very little traffic. I heard its going to rain everyday all summer.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
sgold44

Had a great weekend of boating. Went out Sat afternoon around 4:00 & cruised the lake til 8:00 p.m. It was very quiet. I don't think I saw more than
30 boats out there. Sunday we got out about 2:30 & spent some time over at Weirs Beach (for the kids) Again, not many boats out, but a few more than Saturday. The weathermen scared away mostly everybody, I'm sure glad I stayed.
sgold44 is offline   Reply With Quote