Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
CateP

Default Valet Service Costs?

I am looking into valet service costs on the lake and am wondering what the going rate is? Is there a fee for the season and then a launch and haul fee per use?
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
sum-r breeze

Default Valet

Hi Cate
I think the fee runs in the $2500.00 range with unlimited ins and outs. Most marina operations request a 30 minute lead in time so most people call when they are leaving the house and by the time they get there and get unloaded, the boat is in the water. The only other restrictions I've run into is 1) Boat length usually has to be less than 29 feet and fork lift compatible and 2) some operations need to know in advance if you will still be out after their closing time. That allows them to leave enough empty spots at their docks for the boats still out on the water. Hope this helps!

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default West Alton Marina's Valet

Here is a cut and paste from their website:

Valet Service: is available for boats up to 23ft. Our fork truck driver is available during hours of operation to launch your boat at your request. The only reason to call to have your boat launched is if you are using your boat during the hours we are closed. We will have your boat at the dock waiting for you!

Valet Service includes one haul and one launch per day from May 15th through Columbus Day (mid October). To view our annual valet lease agreement please click here.

The seasonal rate for valet service is based on the length overall (LOA) of your boat OR 20ft, whichever is greater.

The valet service rate for 2014 is $90 per ft.

And here is a link to their website:

http://www.westaltonmarina.com/WAM_Home_Page.php

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
glastron guy

Default Valet

I have been using Meredith marina for valet for three years now and it has been working out great. Cost is around 2200.00 for a 22 ft. boat with unlimited ins and outs. They have been great to work with, I give them an hours notice and it is ready to go including fueling if needed.
glastron guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
codeman671

Slips are reasonable enough these days and readily available, so I don't see too much advantage to using valet service. Some like to have their boat stored inside when not in use to help keep it clean or cut down on corrosion and scum, but personally I like the ability to drive up, hop in and go whenever I want.

Slips in GYC are averaging around $3k for one that hold a 36' boat.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
Slips are reasonable enough these days and readily available, so I don't see too much advantage to using valet service. Some like to have their boat stored inside when not in use to help keep it clean or cut down on corrosion and scum, but personally I like the ability to drive up, hop in and go whenever I want.

Slips in GYC are averaging around $3k for one that hold a 36' boat.
Glendale Marine would charge $100 a foot or $2200. Plus $500 for winterization and winter storage. Lakeport Landing charge $2400 for a covered slip and $640 for winterization and winter storage. You are talking about $300 difference.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
robmac

I agree I do valet for keeping her clean and I am flexible so calling ahead is not an issue. However if you get the urge for a cruise after they close your calling friends for a ride your boat is unavailable.Either way it will cost,if you trailer there is also lot storage where you load and unload yourself.
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:36 PM   #8
Water Camper

Default Covered Slip

Like Broadhopper, I am at Lakeport Landing inside the boat house. This will be my 20th year. It is so nice to just decide at the end of a day I want to go for a ride and do not have to notify anyone, except maybe the Mrs.

Also, I have been caught in the rain, 4 times last summer. Just pull into the slip and leave it uncovered so it will dry !

Just my 2 cents,
Bill
Water Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

Having done both valet and slip with my boats, hands down I'll take a slip any day. As others have said the ability to come and go whenever I want is well worth the small price difference.

Also, from experience, I can tell you there is more of a chance for damage when your boat is being fork lifted in and out every time you use it as opposed to once in the spring and once in the fall.

Dan
Old 03-31-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
Rich

Also, if you have a boat with sleeping quarters, for the $300 diffference, there is nothing like spending the night (or weekend) on your own slice of the lake!

I don't think it would be too much fun to spend the night up on your boat if it's stored one of the Valet racks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (03-31-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
RLW

Smile

glastron guy, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Old 03-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
Just Sold

Default Valet is a Great Option For Some

We have been in valet/rack storage for the past 10 years and it was the best for us. We cannot be up every weekend and do not have a place at the lake either. If we had rented dock space we would not have used the boat enough to justify the extra expense. We did think about it but that is as far as it got.
It takes an hours notice, sometimes less, to have your boat put in. If you came back late, after 5 PM) you might find they have also stayed late when they expect a lot of late returns or there is normally enough space to tie up almost like rafting and they wil take care of your boat in the morning. I have even left my boat down at the gas dock when there was not enough space at the valet docks. I have never been unable to find a place to leave the boat when I returned late.
As far as damage we had one occurance of a gunwall bumper being dislodged. It was easily put back in place.
This year we will again be in rack storage with Fay's Boat Yard. It is an excellent location on the lake and it has great access from anywhere to the south of the lake. The staff is friendly and always helpful.
There is one special difference at Fay's in that you can work on your boat yourself unlike most other locations around the lake where it is manditory that you use the marina's people and services only. That costs you more too. Fay's is a Boat Yard and not a Marina.
Fay's is very popular and that is backed up by the fact the rack building has full occupany for the 2014 season already. This years per foot cost is $75 for the valet. Very reasonable.

I have no affiliation with Fay's Boat Yard or anyone who works there.

Well that is just my opiinion now back to your regularly scheduled banter.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #13
Rich

Just Sold,

It looks like we both treck from Derry to Smith Cove! I have a friend that ties at the Dock's at Fays'. He loves it.

I tie up not far from Fay's.