Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Lucy Goose

Default New to Winni and have boating ?'s

Hi,

We are new to ownership at Winni and will be purchasing a boat. We have heard many different things. I was wondering what size boat everyone would recommend as we don't want to buy too big or too small. Also we are in the Long Island area so what marinas would you recommend or not recommend?

Thanks in advance.

BJ
Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
pm203

25-28 foot boat would be advisable.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj112757 View Post
Hi,

We are new to ownership at Winni and will be purchasing a boat. We have heard many different things. I was wondering what size boat everyone would recommend as we don't want to buy too big or too small. Also we are in the Long Island area so what marinas would you recommend or not recommend?

Thanks in advance.

BJ
It really depends on a lot of factors.

If you are thinking bow-rider and plan to go to any part of the lake on any day of the week, 25'+ is needed. If you are not going to the Weirs during the weekends a 23' bow-rider will do. If you do not mind getting bumped around a bit, you can go anywhere with a 23' bow-rider, except the broads when it is windy from the NW or SE.

If you are only boating around the island and not that much on weekends, you can do that with a 20' bow-rider.

The above is assuming a deep V hull. A deck boat or a boat with a shallow V will get bumped around more than a boat with a deep V.

Welcome, good luck and get as many opinions as possible.

R2B
Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Woodsy

In order to make an informed decision you need to figure out what your going to be using the boat for... how many people are generally going to be onboard? do you need a head? (if so get a pump out, not port-a-pottie), skiing & tubing in a cove? overnighting at a marina or slip? Exploring the whole lake? All of the above?

In general I agree with R2B... anywhere from a 24' to 28 runabout/bowrider will be pretty adequate for most days... not to say on the windiest of days you wont get wet or bumped around.. you will.

When you find a boat you like... do the research, look at resale values etc... and above all else make sure you have it surveyed prior to purchase!

Take the NH safe boating course, get a good map (Bizer), get a good GPS (I recommend the Garmin Nuvi 500).... and HAVE FUN!

Woodsy
Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
KarmaGirl

Default Consider a Tri-Toon

We've been lake boaters for decades, with a series of 19' - 24' bow riders and cuddy cabins (mostly SeaRay). Two summers ago our 10-yr-old SeaRay needed expensive repairs, so we started looking for a new boat. The place where we have our boats serviced and stored, Glendale Marine in Gilford, is a dealer for Manitou pontoon and tri-toon boats. We were really opposed to an "old people's" boat, but Gary convinced us to take one out for a spin. We really pushed it for getting up on plane fast, tight turns, stability, etc. and loved it! We immediately ordered one and it is a total joy. The center pontoon is a vee-hull, which makes it stable in wind and very responsive in turns. The 150 four-stroke makes it very fast, quiet, and incredibly economical. Also, no service needed for 300 hours -- and it winterizes itself! (We figure that saves us several hundred a year.) It's got a way-cool design (we got the sports model). It easily handles 10 people; more if some are kids. It's also got a "changing room" and porta-potti. Well worth checking out. Call Gary at Glendale Marine and tell him Marty sent you! Check out Manitou's web site, too. There's a cool video.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Agree with Woodsy and R2B

You need to figure out what your general purpose of the boat will be and go from there. Had boats for over 30 years. I would definitely not buy a boat under 18'. A good all round boat will be deep V and 23' or better.

Never had a tri-toon, although I've been on a few pontoons and they are pretty rough riding on windy days.

Beware of salesman telling you the boat is a deep V. The front of the hull is V but you need to look under the transom. If it is a V configuration of 24 degrees or more, than it is a true deep V.

Good luck in finding the boat you need.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
offmycloud

Default Be safe get a big boat

All those posting above are experienced boaters and can handle smaller boats. If you are just starting out on the lake you want a 40-50 plus footer that can handle the swells in the broads and power through the currents and riptides. 1000 HP is a good start. Get something colorful and loud so you will be noticed - for safety. Welcome to Winnipesaukee!!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #8
tis

Thanked 1,380 Times in 956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by offmycloud View Post
All those posting above are experienced boaters and can handle smaller boats. If you are just starting out on the lake you want a 40-50 plus footer that can handle the swells in the broads and power through the currents and riptides. 1000 HP is a good start. Get something colorful and loud so you will be noticed - for safety. Welcome to Winnipesaukee!!
OMG, I hope they don't take you seriously!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
offmycloud

You are right, Tis, they may need something bigger!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Airwaves

I hear the John F Kennedy is available!

Seriously, we have a 22 foot Cobolt bowrider and she handles the lake very well. When I first got into boating (with my own personal boat) on Winnipesaukee I had a 16 footer with a 30 hp bow rider. That's too small for a windy day unless you don't mind getting very wet!

Try different brands and lengths out in different conditions before you buy. This will give you an idea how they handle in various conditions. I would think that if marinas know you are serious about buying they will accomidate your requests and if they won't...well that tells you something about that particular marina
Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #11
NoBozo

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

BJ
A LOT of good advice here. Trouble is.....it's All Over The Place. and may not be applicable to YOU.

SO:

1. How OLD are you?

2. Do you have kids?

3. Do you ride a motorcycle?

4. Do you ride a bicycle?

5. Do you drive a Volvo?

6. Would you like to have a Shelby Cobra..the 427 cubic inch open two seater?

There is NO Best boat for Winni....OR anywhere. It all depends on your personality, tolerance to discomfort, ...and lifestyle. You have to define yourself. NB
Old 02-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #12
This'nThat

Quote:
Hi,

I was wondering what size boat everyone would recommend as we don't want to buy too big or too small. BJ
Never mind the boat. Get a boater's license first. Without that, doesn't matter.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Dave R

Best advice I can offer, if you can live with the lack of swim platform and don't mind paying a little extra up front, is to get an outboard. They are vastly easier and cheaper to maintain, and hold value better than an inboard outboard. I think an outboard powered 23+ foot dual-console with full canvas would be ideal for an every-day Winni boat.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Best advice I can offer, if you can live with the lack of swim platform and don't mind paying a little extra up front, is to get an outboard. They are vastly easier and cheaper to maintain, and hold value better than an inboard outboard. I think an outboard powered 23+ foot dual-console with full canvas would be ideal for an every-day Winni boat.
Added to this: if you get a boat with a little swim platform or a big one, I suggest a 4 step collapsible ladder. which should bolt on where the old ladder goes (usually only 2 steps). You can swim up to it, and then just climb up it onto the platform or boat. Best just over a $100 purchase I have made on the boat.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #15
jst_4_kiks

Welcome to the big pond of NH. Many different factors to think about when purchasing a boat.

usage?
can you afford it? (new/used)
reliability?
seating arrangement?
capacity?
kids/pets?
elders/parents?
head or port-a-potty?
water system (sink/shower)?

As for marina's, look into Harilla Landing Yacht Club (www.harilla.org). It is managed by Complete Marine Care (www.completemarinecare.com) on the tip of Long Island at the end of Moultonborough Neck Rd. Brand new fully enclosed storage building for year round storage/protection from the weather.

Happy Boating, See you on the water.

PM with any questions about marine repair
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 AM   #16
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Added to this: if you get a boat with a little swim platform or a big one, I suggest a 4 step collapsible ladder. which should bolt on where the old ladder goes (usually only 2 steps). You can swim up to it, and then just climb up it onto the platform or boat. Best just over a $100 purchase I have made on the boat.
Agreed. My boat came with two of these (bow and stern) they make it very easy to climb aboard.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #17
tis

Thanked 1,380 Times in 956 Posts

If you are going to be in in the broads a lot, I would also suggest the biggest boat you can manage and be comfortable with. On a rough day, I just love our big boat. The broads are very seldom nice and calm.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #18
meredith weekender

Welcome to the lake!!!!! As has been mentioned here several times, you need to get what fits your lifestyle. Do not be afraid of a bigger boat, a bigger boat will handle and respond better than a smaller boat. You also want a heavy boat so that you are not tossed around as much. We started on the lake with a four winns 214 fun ship and within 3 years moved into a crownline 270BR. Definitely worth the change. Do not be afraid to test drive your new boat several times before you buy it. When we bought the crownline we must have driven at least six boats and then we drove the crownline at least four times. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #19
Phantom

I have to agree with those that said "it depends on a lot of factors" ....

Each boat is a little different (interior) and you need to fugure out what best suits YOUR use & needs. For example most new boats come with a sink arrangement-- we have no need and feel it's a waste of usable (seating) space. A cuddy can be handy for changing, putting little ones down for a nap, or simpy a good hide out when the weather turns nasty. However, once again it severely cuts out seating capcity. Another example (in our case) was to look at the rear seating. Most rear bench seats have a "short" back - perhaps 12-15" high. One of the significant reasons we locked into Crownline is their rear bench seat is nearly double that. Our concern was centered around our young Grandgirls in the back while riding. These are only a few examples.

For our family, our 24' Crownline bowrider fits the bill. Would I like a 26' ? Of course, it's what happens when you boat for a number of years you always WANT bigger (we started with a 17.5' stingray many many years ago). With that said, I would hazard a guess and say that most of the "recreational" boats on the lake are between 22 - 28ft. And your all round comfort and smoothness of ride in all conditions will follow the lenght of boat you choose.

One thing thats nice about Winni is the availability to take the boats (new or used) for a test ride and I would encourage you to do so before making any decisions. Each boat handles a little different in given circumstances. Ride them and compare. And don't be bashful to invite friends or family along - it only adds to the "real" feel that you will be using the boat. Example: we always have two people sit in the rear and I check the boats "hole shot" and time to plane.

bj112757--You never mentioned wether you were considering used vs new --One piece of solid advice that I would give if you are buying new is Do Not scrimp on engine size. Most of the "stock boats" are slightly underpowered for their given size. Opt up for the next larger engine available. With that said - in the 22-26ft range a 350 Mag is a workhorse of the industry and will most likely serve your needs should that be the dealers "stock" choice.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #20
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Alright I will respond here with the biggest question of them all when it comes to looking for a boat. How much experience have you had with Boating. That is the overwhelming factor everyone seems to forget to mention. Additionally have you bought directly on the water, or are you off the water and going to need Valet service or a marina slip for you boat?

While I will agree if you want to wander around the lake, with 5 or 6 people on board and you don't really care about waterskiing, then going after a 22' to 24' boat isn't a bad idea. However if you don't have much experience with a boat this probably isn't such a good idea. The bigger a boat the more of a challenge it is when you get into tight quarters around docks etc. To where a smaller 18' or 19' boat well be a little easier to learn how to dock and manauver around. As you will not feel like you are having to fit into tight spots.

With that said, don't look at purchasing a boat is you have to get it right decision. If you are new to boating, and the lake, as other have said figure what you budget will dictate. My recomendation is to start first with a used boat. 19' to 21'. Get out there and enjoy the lake, for a couple of summers. and then make up your mind as to what you really want.

As for Marinas the only thing I will say is stay away from Trexlers Marina.

Now before everyone jumps on me for recomending a smaller boat. I boat every weekend and go all over the lake in my 19' FourWinns. Yes there are time where my years of experience help out, and keep everyone safe and dry. But I have never felt as though I needed anything bigger to handle the lake. My only reason for going bigger is to handle more people. Add that to the fact that if you own on the water, and have the boat tied to the dock, you can pick and chose when you do or don't want to go out, with out hassle.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #21
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Bigger Boat, More Folks

to pitch in for gas!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:52 PM   #22
offmycloud

Ok - seriously now. It depends what you will use it for. I have a 22 foot wakeboarding boat which is ideal for blasting around the bay, tubing, skiing, listening to music, partying and, of course, wakeboarding. It is not a great boat in which to zip over to Weirs Beach or go thru the broads unless it is fairly calm. These boats can swamp easily so you want to make sure you know what you are doing in the waves. It is also tough to dock as you are dealing with a prop and a rudder which give you little control at docking speed, go IO or outboard for better control.

Definitely go bigger, 25 foot plus, if you are going to spend entire days cruising the lake.

Tell us what you are thinking of buying and why and we'll steer you straight.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #23
NBR

Decide how you will use the boat, i.e. cruising, waterski/tubing, quiet evenings, do we need a head? I wouldn't have anything but a pumpout unless I absolutly couldn't afford one and that might make me reconsider the purchase until a later time.

Outboards are the easiest to maintain but the others can be done by the owner if he/she is mechanically inclined. I had a 24' single screw true inboard and it was a lot more trouble learning the skills but by the time we sold it I could back it any place you could put a twin, IO or outboard. Not as quickly but it can be done.

You are starting at a good time. The boat shows should be going and you can learn plenty by attending looking and asking questions.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
Happy Gourmand

Default Bowrider or Cuddy......

Find the best deal you can. No matter what you buy, in 2 years or so you will inevitably get that virus that hits every new boat owner and even many experienced boat owners....it's called twofootitis. There is only 1 cure,,,,a newer boat about 2' longer than your first boat. By then you will know how and where you will be doing your boating, and how many people you want to take with you.
Good luck....and Welcome
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #25
Resident 2B

Default Twofootitis

Twofootitis is real and might be as costly and dangerous as the H1N1 flu.

I believe there are two approaches for a new boater on the lake. The first I will call "Test Boat/Right Boat" and the second is "Right Boat from the Start"

In "Test Boat/Right Boat" you purchase a good used boat that will fill your needs for the next few years. You get you Safe Boating Certificate, you learn about the lake and its many rocks and weather harzards and you get a good ides about what you want longer-term. When you buy the longer-term boat, it should serve you for the next six or more years.

"Right Boat from the Start" will get you into Twofootitis. Twofottitis can cost you a lot of money over time. Because it is a myth that you can ever buy the right boat from the start, you buy a boat, it does not work as you had hoped, so you buy the next step up. That also does not work very well, so you buy the next step up again...and again...and again...

I would start with someyhing you're are comfortable with that will allow you to explore the lake on weekdays and while staying close to home on weekends. I would commit to keeping that boat for three seasons, no less. You would then realize what is and is not important to your boating style and your budget and go for the boat, most likely new, that meets your needs, perfectly. This way, you buy the boat of your dreams without wasting a lot of money through the cycles of Twofootitis.

Good luck and have fun doing this!

R2B
Old 02-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #26
Ropetow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
I hear the John F Kennedy is available!
Yeah, it is available, but how long is it? I'd hate to pay the slip fee for that baby!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #27
Airwaves

With the JFK you ARE the slip!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
NoBozo

Default How I Came To Buy a Powerboat for the Lakes

My wife and I rented a couple of 17-20 foot bow riders for a few hours each.. We took a ride in a New Dealer provided bowrider... with the dealer sitting up front.

Then we found a very used 18' Donzi Classic with a 350 mag...through hull exhaust. The used boat dealer launched the boat....started the engine...and said ....Take It. He trusted us. We took it. We didn't buy it. We were still in the learning curve.

When we got back to the cabin we discussed the attributes of each type of boat. Our conclusion ..mostly mine..was this: The Bow Rider was very nice..and practical. But it didn't feel like we were taking our lives in our hands. The Donzi scared us to death. Totally outrageous. We decided right then and there , that we needed a Donzi. We spent two years looking for the right one. That was 14 years ago. We still have the Donzi.. we bought a 20' Donzi "Minx" Classic. Just sayin how it was with us....NB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoBozo For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (02-04-2010), OCDACTIVE (02-03-2010)
Old 02-02-2010, 11:14 PM   #29
Mat

Default Splendor

Hi,
Check out Splendorboats.com. I was new to the lake last year and had lots of questions. The people on this forum helped me out tons. I did lots of research and found Splendor. Great easy boat for people new to boating. Cat hull is so stable even in rough chop. Message me if you would like to get more info.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #30
Formula

Default 280br

BJ112757,
I have a used 28 foot bow rider in great shape for sale if you are interested just PM me.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #31
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
. The Donzi scared us to death. Totally outrageous. We decided right then and there , that we needed a Donzi.
That was the funniest thing I heard all day. (Although I have not watched the news yet.)
Old 02-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
Kamper

My boat if 15'6" and is just the right size to fall in the chop in the afternoon heading north, through the broads. Another 5' and I could probably go faster than 5mph without killing my kidneys! ...or submarining.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #33
pm203

The question was what size, not what type of boat.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 AM   #34
ApS

Cool Pick Your Days...Watch the Skies...

Quote:
"...I was wondering what size boat everyone would recommend as we don't want to buy too big or too small..."
Since you are located directly on the lake, you could save thousand$ in boat size simply by keeping a good weather-watch. Some mornings, just by looking out the window, you can see whether it's a good idea to select hiking over boating.

Is a 41-footer big enough? This Winnipesaukee forum account in a recent storm:

Quote:
"We were in anchored in Johnson's Cove that day and remember it quite vividly.

"I was in my 28 ft cruiser rafting with friends in there 41 footer. Bow and Stern firmly anchored. When the storm came visibity went down to zero and the wind got ferocious.

"The wind spun both boats around in circles several times and pushed us towards the rocks on shore. We had to make a choice, get washed up onto the rocks or fire up the motor and power off with the risk of tangling the anchor lines in the props. We opted to cut the anchors and fire up one engine. Visibility was zero so all we could do was try to keep the boats off the rocks but were unable to go anywhere else.

"When the storm finally ended we found that we had suffered very little damage. For two weeks following the storm we donned scuba gear looking for our anchors. We finally did find the anchors all twisted up about 200 yards from where we had initally anchored that day."
You can fight against weather, but it's not a good idea.

To me, it makes more sense to develop one's "situational awareness" than to bolster one's confidence using boat length.

IMHO. YMMV.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst_4_kiks View Post
Welcome to the big pond of NH. Many different factors to think about when purchasing a boat.

usage?
can you afford it? (new/used)
reliability?
seating arrangement?
capacity?
kids/pets?
elders/parents?
head or port-a-potty?
water system (sink/shower)?

As for marina's, look into Harilla Landing Yacht Club (www.harilla.org). It is managed by Complete Marine Care (www.completemarinecare.com) on the tip of Long Island at the end of Moultonborough Neck Rd. Brand new fully enclosed storage building for year round storage/protection from the weather.

Happy Boating, See you on the water.
Thanks, you are the first to answer the marina question. We will figure out the boat I am sure. Been looking a lot for years. It's just finding the right one. Already have our licenses thanks for the folks who were concerned about that.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM   #36
Lucy Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Alright I will respond here with the biggest question of them all when it comes to looking for a boat. How much experience have you had with Boating. That is the overwhelming factor everyone seems to forget to mention. Additionally have you bought directly on the water, or are you off the water and going to need Valet service or a marina slip for you boat?

While I will agree if you want to wander around the lake, with 5 or 6 people on board and you don't really care about waterskiing, then going after a 22' to 24' boat isn't a bad idea. However if you don't have much experience with a boat this probably isn't such a good idea. The bigger a boat the more of a challenge it is when you get into tight quarters around docks etc. To where a smaller 18' or 19' boat well be a little easier to learn how to dock and manauver around. As you will not feel like you are having to fit into tight spots.

With that said, don't look at purchasing a boat is you have to get it right decision. If you are new to boating, and the lake, as other have said figure what you budget will dictate. My recomendation is to start first with a used boat. 19' to 21'. Get out there and enjoy the lake, for a couple of summers. and then make up your mind as to what you really want.

As for Marinas the only thing I will say is stay away from Trexlers Marina.

Now before everyone jumps on me for recomending a smaller boat. I boat every weekend and go all over the lake in my 19' FourWinns. Yes there are time where my years of experience help out, and keep everyone safe and dry. But I have never felt as though I needed anything bigger to handle the lake. My only reason for going bigger is to handle more people. Add that to the fact that if you own on the water, and have the boat tied to the dock, you can pick and chose when you do or don't want to go out, with out hassle.
We have experience on the ocean and lakes. But why do you say stay away from Trexlers?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #37
Turtle Boy

Quote:
But why do you say stay away from Trexlers?
Ignore this...Trexler's is on his list because they're 1 of 12 marinas and one of 350 local business that support a law unpopular with this poster.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:24 AM   #38
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Ignore this...Trexler's is on his list because they're 1 of 12 marinas and one of 350 local business that support a law unpopular with this poster.
Then why did he only single out this one??? Donk. Worry about yourself and go have lunch with your buddies in Concord.

Last edited by jmen24; 02-23-2010 at 12:25 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (02-23-2010), BroadHopper (02-23-2010), DEJ (02-23-2010), hazelnut (02-23-2010), NoBozo (02-23-2010), Pineedles (02-23-2010)
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #39
dpg

Keep your first boat small(er) if you have never owned one before you may not be exactly screaming across the whole lake to soon anyways. Also, parking (docking) a boat is NOTHING like pulling into a parking space in your local WalMart. Remember boats do not have brakes. It'll take 2-3 summers before your really comfortable and feel knowledgable(sp) You need to keep it reasonable but not so small you have out grown it quickly.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #40
jonfinn

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

BJ
I've got a 17.5' bowrider w/ a 4.3L V6 in it. It's pretty small, but it's a blast (not to mention comparatively economical). I trailer it up from Boston a couple of times each summer.

Pro:
-easy to trailer
-affordable maintenance
-big enough to take a few friends, but too small for a party.
-good water-sports
-easy docking in/out

Cons:
-terrible in rough water
-more than 4 people it feels pretty crowded
-not much room for storage

If I'm taking it out for the day, I put a porta-pottie in. Modest guests just wrap themselves in a towel.

Of course I wish it were a little bigger, but most of the time it's really great!

On those rough windy days, we just don't go out.

I concur. it's important to find the right boat that fits your lifestyle.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #41
robmac

Advatage to buying from a waterfront marina,based on your ability most will spend time to show you while out on the water some boating techniques that will make life alot easier and safe for you. You will also more than likely get a boat properly fitted with required safety items. But by all means test drive it before you buy it,buyers remorse is a terrible thing after paperwork and delivery are completed. Best of luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #42
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
Then why did he only single out this one??? Donk. Worry about yourself and go have lunch with your buddies in Concord.
It has everything to do with the fact that this one certain member thinks that EVERY single post has to do with his agenda. It is AWESOME to watch!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #43
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
It has everything to do with the fact that this one certain member thinks that EVERY single post has to do with his agenda. It is AWESOME to watch!
I'm predicting a Scott-Brown like victory for those candidates that are running against any State Rep or Senator that voted/votes in favor of TB's agenda item. I am supporting any Rep or Senator that is running against any one of these noodleback reps in Concord that voted for this garbage. Once again, listen close for the giant flushing sound.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (02-25-2010), jmen24 (03-04-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #44
rockythedog

Does anyone ever own just one boat in their life? Go out and buy something that you think you can handle, certainly over 22' if you plan on traversing the whole lake. I've got a 27' Cobalt for sale, last I checked it goes 44.9mph. I'm with Seaplane Pilot, throw the bums out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockythedog For This Useful Post:
Resident 2B (02-25-2010), Seaplane Pilot (02-25-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 04:40 PM   #45
Turtle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I'm predicting a Scott-Brown like victory for those candidates that are running against any State Rep or Senator that voted/votes in favor of TB's agenda item. I am supporting any Rep or Senator that is running against any one of these noodleback reps in Concord that voted for this garbage. Once again, listen close for the giant flushing sound.
Some may remember that after initial unsuccessful attempts at passing said law that there were also cries of "throw the bums out" directed at those who had voted for the the law. Ironically,a great many of those opposing the law were the ones voted out in the subsequent election(for various reasons), making way for passage of our present law. I wouldn't expect any giant flushing sounds based on this issue, especially given the very wide margin of support this law enjoys(see statewide poll from a few years ago).
Old 02-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #46
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Some may remember that after initial unsuccessful attempts at passing said law that there were also cries of "throw the bums out" directed at those who had voted for the the law. Ironically,a great many of those opposing the law were the ones voted out in the subsequent election(for various reasons), making way for passage of our present law. I wouldn't expect any giant flushing sounds based on this issue, especially given the very wide margin of support this law enjoys(see statewide poll from a few years ago).
Times have changed TB, today isn't a few years ago. People are fed up with all this BS. The State is in the fiscal cess pool, they are on a money grab against businesses, and all these nanny hacks can do is sit around making more laws under the auspices of "safety", rather than focus on REAL problems. You and the rest can paddle around in your canoes, thanking the Reps and Senators for protecting you against the big, bad wolf, but I'm going down swinging!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #47
rockythedog

Statewide poll from a few years ago???? Let's try living in the present. I'm done with being told I can't choose what's right for me, that some elected or appointed official knows what's best and wants to fit me into his round hole. Well I'm a square peg, and they better start listening to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockythedog For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (02-25-2010), jmen24 (03-04-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #48
sunset on the dock

Though you have to remember that the support has now become bipartison, and Senator Jeb Bradley(R) has a lot of popular support in the lake's region, and being from Wolfeboro is familiar with a great number of residents and business owners(and their concerns). He and one other Repulican senator who support the bill make this a different ball game than even 2 years ago. I hardly see this issue as one that is of enough significance to the average NH voter that of our legislators in Concord has an overwhelming concern that they'll lose their job over this law. And the House of Representatives gave this law an even higher margin of support 2 years ago(236 to 111).
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #49
rockythedog

Then Jeb won't get my vote, sunset means sunset,sunset. Another bunch of pols changing the rules, do they really think we're that stupid.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #50
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Though you have to remember that the support has now become bipartison, and Senator Jeb Bradley(R) has a lot of popular support in the lake's region, and being from Wolfeboro is familiar with a great number of residents and business owners(and their concerns). He and one other Repulican senator who support the bill make this a different ball game than even 2 years ago. I hardly see this issue as one that is of enough significance to the average NH voter that of our legislators in Concord has an overwhelming concern that they'll lose their job over this law. And the House of Representatives gave this law an even higher margin of support 2 years ago(236 to 111).
Rumor has it Jeb is not too happy with the law and the way it is going. "I made a promise" is his latest stance on the issue. I do believe it is KILLING him inside that he made that promise and MARK MY WORDS if he can find a loophole to dismiss this HE WILL. Let's all give him a reason folks stand up and be counted.

Trust me NH the tide is rising and you are about to be swept under... In a good way
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hazelnut For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (02-25-2010), jmen24 (03-04-2010), OCDACTIVE (02-25-2010), Resident 2B (02-25-2010), robmac (02-25-2010), Ryan (02-25-2010), Seaplane Pilot (02-26-2010)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #51
sunset on the dock

"Rumor has it"...Come on, you can do better than that. There is no shortage of rumors out there. And what reason would Jeb have to make such a promise? If anyone knows the lake and Wolfeboro, he is the one.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:40 PM   #52
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
"Rumor has it"...Come on, you can do better than that. There is no shortage of rumors out there. And what reason would Jeb have to make such a promise? If anyone knows the lake and Wolfeboro, he is the one.
Sunset believe it or not its from the horses mouth...

This law goes against his political ideology.
Closed Thread