Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
NoBozo

Default Bizer Chart

I've been perusing my 5th Edition Bizer chart (Winni) looking for the Date of this Edition. I finally found it (I Think) just OUTSIDE the Large Bizer Legend in the top right corner of the chart. That date is 09-FEB-02. Normally a map or chart has the date IN the legend.

I know islands, rocks, shoals, etc. don't move from year to year, so I don't replace charts every year. I do like to know what the date of publication was. The NOAH (Salt Water) charts are meticulous about this.

I went to the Bizer website.. http://www.bizer.com/ and couldn't find what the Latest "Edition" was or.. a date of it's publication.

Question Bizer: What it the latest Edition, and what is it's date of publication..? There's a lot of stuff on your website...BUT I didn't see a place to email you..so here I am..

NOT complaining at all. I'm used to NOAH (Gov) charts... and just curious. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Bizer

I looked at two NOAA charts in my possession. The date is printed, but it's not that much easier to find than it is on Bizer's chart.

If you looked at Bizer's corrections page, you would find the latest correction to Bizer's 7th editon was in the fall of 2008 and the first correction to Bizer's 8th edition was spring, 2009. While an approximate date could be estimated from this, Bizer will put the date on it's web page to make it easier in the future.

Bizer's latest edition is #8 which went to press in February, 2009. We will be printing our ninth edition before the end of the year.

Bizer's email and phone number are at the top of the left hand column of all our web pages.

Let's all hope for a terrific boating season.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bizer For This Useful Post:
Formula (05-05-2012), NoBozo (05-05-2012), Slickcraft (05-05-2012)