Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
LadyJane

Default Corner House

Since I recently bought a piece of land in Sandwich, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Corner House in Center Sandwich. It looks lovely. Good food?
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
luvmypups

Thumbs up Excellent food

The Corner House has great food !! A few of my favorite items there are the stuffed mushroom caps for appetizer...you have to try those !! I also like the corner house salad and the cranberry crusted haddock. They also have amazing homemade zucchini bread which is complimentary with your meal. I would definately suggest trying the corner house. They have a website where you can look at them menu, check it out !!
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
LadyJane

yummy !! thanks, and I'm definitely going to try those mushroom caps !
LadyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
donnamatrix

Default Corner House is awesome

They have music on Friday nights upstairs in the pub. It gets a little warm up there sometimes, but is great fun. Ask for the Eggplant Fries. They are not always on the menu, but they are great-served with a spicy mayo. We have never, ever had an unsatisfying experience at Corner House Inn.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Lakegeezer

Agree with the other posters here. The Corner House is great! A bowl of Lobsta Bisque and Caesar Salad make for a mighty fine lunch. It is a nice drive to Sandwich, no matter which way you go. I'll be there Friday nite Can't wait!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
wifi

I agree with the other posters, the CH is great. Only thing I wish is that they add more things to their menu. Its been the literal same menu for 5+? years?

I know, if it works...., on the other side, variety is the spice of life
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:02 PM   #7
jkjoshuatree

Talking I Love The Corner House...

...I love the location (kind of in the middle of nowhere), the decor (very New England-y), and the food is great (I agree...definitely try the stuffed mushrooms). It's kind of their signature dish.

We had brunch there one Sunday and it only came to something like fourteen dollars. We ate upstairs (very cool room) and it was amazing.

Glad to see this place finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Welcome to the area!!
LadyJane (06-05-2009)
Old 06-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
...I love the location (kind of in the middle of nowhere), the decor (very New England-y), and the food is great (I agree...definitely try the stuffed mushrooms). It's kind of their signature dish.

We had brunch there one Sunday and it only came to something like fourteen dollars. We ate upstairs (very cool room) and it was amazing.

Glad to see this place finally getting the recognition it deserves.

Welcome to the area!!
Well said. I also have never had a bad meal there and the service and food are always top shelf. I love dining in the pub. Now if we good only move this venue to the Wolfeboro Inn....or at least the staff and the food.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
Heaven

Coincidentally, Lady Jane was the name of the proprietress some years ago (and maybe still, don't know). I love the Corner House as well, I do notice the service people are not quite as well trained as I remember for years past, but that is only based on two recent winter experiences and was not noticeably bad.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Nice Place

The Corner House is at the end of one of my after work motorcycle rides and I occasionally stop in for a beer or a bite to eat. It is a nice place, good atmosphere and food!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
phoenix

Well we went to the Corner House tonight and had the best price /quality dinner so far this summer. On Monday night they have for $ 40 for two a full meal including salad and a full bottle of wine. The wine had 5 or 6 choices all from Sovenia three reds and a couple of whites. We had the shiraz and is was more than acceptable. The meal choices included two fish, two beef , a chicken and a pork chop. It included a salad all for $40 for two. We both had haddock and it was outstanding so we will be back even though we only have a few weeks left until we leave.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Heaven

Yes, and they have (or used to have) an early bird special, and more recently a Storytelling night dinner deal in the winter months.
Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #13
Greene's Basin Girl

Default The Corner house

nhescape, myself and three other friends had dinner at The corner House last Saturday evening. All of us were so very pleased with our meals. I had the chicken piccata ( I replaced the mushrooms with caramelized onions) and it was yummy. Other meals included prime rib, salmon and scallops. We will definitely go back again. Restaurant .com has coupons for The Corner House and they are good on Saturday nights in the off season. You can save a great deal of money with the coupons. Keep in mind at The Corner House they add 20% gratuity to your bill when you use a coupon.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #14
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
nhescape, myself and three other friends had dinner at The corner House last Saturday evening. All of us were so very pleased with our meals. I had the chicken piccata ( I replaced the mushrooms with caramelized onions) and it was yummy. Other meals included prime rib, salmon and scallops. We will definitely go back again. Restaurant .com has coupons for The Corner House and they are good on Saturday nights in the off season. You can save a great deal of money with the coupons. Keep in mind at The Corner House they add 20% gratuity to your bill when you use a coupon.
I've never had a bad meal at the Corner House and the atmosphere is always excellent. This is one of my all time favorite casual restaurants.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote