Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-17-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Mooring and Swim Raft questions

Well it seems the more I look into things the more I find questions. It is just funny how that works. Hopefully these will be questions with quick easy answers....

1) Do swim rafts need permits, or just ownership information placed on them....

2) how far out can you place a swim raft. (assuming it doesn't create a hazard)

3) Is it legal if I have a mooring to attach a swim raft to it when the boat is not on it?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-17-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
KonaChick

We didn't have to get a permit per se...but last year a new ruling came out that they needed to be "registered". It costs ten bucks..I'm assuming that's the lifetime cost and once you register you don't have to again..because so far this year we haven't revieved a renewal notification. Maybe SKIP our resident rule looker-up can jump in on this one?? He's great at answering these types of questions with quotes from the rulebooks!!
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:17 AM   #3
Skip

Exclamation Swim rafts regulations in limbo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaChick
... Maybe SKIP our resident rule looker-up can jump in on this one?? He's great at answering these types of questions with quotes from the rulebooks!!...
Thanks for the plug KC!

This regulation caused much concern in the Statehouse last year, and as annotated here our lawmakers deleted the old swim raft regulations from the CAR and have yet to replace them!

Saf-C 404.09 Swim Rafts. - RESERVED
Source. #6092, eff 9-19-95, EXPIRED: 9-19-03
New. #8107, EMERGENCY, eff 6-22-04, EXPIRES: 12-19-04; ss by #8172, eff 9-21-04, rpld by #8614, eff 4-25-06

As can be seen from above, the old swim raft rule (Saf-C 404.09) is now reserved, if you check #8614, the rule was repealed effective 4-25-06 with no new rule to take it's place.

I would recommend a call to MP Headquarters in Gilford (603-293-2037) to ascertain their take on the situation...just to be on the safe side. I would also recommend that you get a supervisor on the phone to explain the situation to you firsthand and definitely clarify as to what stance they are taking on swim rafts.

Skip
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote