Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
patman

Default Realtor recommendation for selling home in Wolfeboro area?

It's time to downsize. Any recommendations for realtors (both offices and individual people) to use...or ones to avoid that cover the Wolfeboro area?

Thanks!
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
Rockslider

My experience is as a purchaser (rather than a seller) in Wolfeboro -- but I can't say enough good things about Pete Johnson of Makena realty. He is an independent realtor in Wolfeboro. Pete dealt with us for ten full years as we dipped our toes in the water, kicked tires, and see-sawed until we finally made the decision to move here. He was always patient, thorough, and accommodating, and probably showed us 100 houses over the years, even when it must have looked like there was no chance that we were really going to leave city life behind. When we finally made the decision, it was a complicated short sale, and he worked his tail off to get the deal done. He worked hard on our little house, and I know on the high end he has been listing agent on a number of waterfront properties.

If/when the time comes for us to sell, there is no question in my mind that he will get the listing. Choosing a realtor is a tough process -- there are many factors, not the least of which are personality and trust. Best wishes as you start the process.
Rockslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
Joebon

Randy Parker is great. A lot of people may think he only deals with higher end, but he is great and patient at every price level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM   #4
TCC

A view from my end of the road . . . .

Over the years, I've learned a simple but valuable lesson about real estate agents: A good "buyer's agent" is not the same thing as a good "seller's agent".

There are a lot of agents out there whose skill set is more or less limited to working with buyers. When it's time for you to sell, these guys/gals may do a great job of pitching their services but once they have your signature on a contract their level of interest flags. Their primary goal seems to be to get as many properties under contract as possible. Then, if a listing sells, they'll get a commission regardless of who sells it. Meanwhile, they prefer to work with prospective buyers. You - the seller - are pretty much on your own,

Unfortunately, agents who actually have the talent and ambition necessary to help you effectively market your house are far less common. Marketing a home well is complicated and requires someone with specialized skills and attributes.

Bottom line: It's usually pretty easy for someone to be enamored of the person who helped them buy their home. When shopping for a listing agent, try to find people who were impressed by the agent who helped them sell.

Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it . . . JMHO
TCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Talk with Nancy and Doug Deporter over at Keller Williams. They are fantastic to work with. If you want personalized attention they are the ones you should consider. They list and market both island and mainland property.

http://www.nancydeporter.com
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2016, 09:44 AM   #6
Triboro

Nicole Waktins -603-707-7575. Excellent realtor at BHHS-verani formerly Lakes Region Realty
Triboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #7
Cal-to-NH

Default Realtor

Try Steve and Carol Bush at Maxfield Real Estate. They reside in Tuftonboro and do the majority of their business in Wolfboro/Tuftonboro area. Know the area like the back of their hand and understand the current state of affairs for buying and selling. They have 5-star ratings on Realtor.com, and I think Carol is one of the top-20 brokers in the state.

http://lakesregionhomesinfo.com/about-carol-and-steve/
Cal-to-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #8
pressman247

I would highly recommend asking each agent what they do above and beyond posting your property on the internet? Does the agency or agent have an annual catalog printed? Do they advertise in Homes and Land, The Laker, The Granite State News? Will they actually host open houses? I agree with the previous poster that all too many agents want you to sign, and once they put you on the internet, their plan will be to continue lowering the price so it can sell before your agreement runs out.
Interesting read.
http://freakonomics.com/2011/07/22/w...-the-realtors/
pressman247 is offline   Reply With Quote