Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
NoBozo

Default Chart Clarificaion

I'm just looking at my TWO Winni navigation charts which I keep on my desk next to my computer....just in case. I understand that these charts are NOT to be used for navigation, but rather "Orientation".

Anywho: My Bizer chart is obviously a Bizer. The other chart I have is an old "Lakes Region Cartographic", distributed by "Lakes Region Assosiation" in Center Harbor, 1997-1998. This chart is green.

Question: Is THIS green chart the same as the Duncan (Green) chart..except with a new name..?
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Thumbs up I think you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBozo View Post
Anywho: My Bizer chart is obviously a Bizer. The other chart I have is an old "Lakes Region Cartographic", distributed by "Lakes Region Assosiation" in Center Harbor, 1997-1998. This chart is green.

Question: Is THIS green chart the same as the Duncan (Green) chart..except with a new name..?
I believe you have guessed correctly NoBozo. The map you are looking at is the predecessor of the Duncan Press Inc green map of today, now owned by Sally Fichet from the Duncan Web Site, our owner page - the niece of Duncan Fitchet the designer and publisher of the first "green maps".

From Duncan Press Our Advisors page: "Mildred Beach for decades was the administrator of the Lakes Region Association and a lifelong friend of Dunc's. During his lifetime, Dunc's charts were distributed exclusively by Mildred, working for the Lakes Region Association. Mildred has advised Sally on her recollections of Dunc's guiding principles, as well as opening many doors to other sources around the region."

Hope this helps satisfy your curiosity.

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
NoBozo

Thanks Skipper. That satisfies my curiosity. I like certain aspects of BOTH charts so I carry both....even though the green one is way out of date.
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts

Our "green" chart is a little older, 1986-1987.
Distributed by Lakes Region Association, Wolfeboro
Mildred A. Beach, Executive Secretary
Copyright 1986 by Duncan M. Fitchet, cartographer & Publisher, Etna (Hanover), NH
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote