Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Has anyone else noticed verbal attacks by some on others who post opinions?

I joined the Winnipesaukee Forum only recently. I happened to be reading about restaurants and was interested in finding out about a new restaurant that I liked. I read some posts that sounded like junior high school. I then decided to post anyway. There are some restaurants that I feel have disappointed me this year and last and seem to be not as good a value as they had been. Other friends I know here at the lake agreed with me. There are other restaurants that seem to be great. One in particular seemed to have great food at great prices and great hours. I trired to talk about some of my opinions. I was told to give specifics if I had had a bad experience etc. I attempted to do that. Believe it or not, I was then accused of posting as a friend of the owner of the restaurant that I liked and having an agenda to pump that restaurant and put the others down. I am a grandmother of seven and mother of four and feel that this sort of drama is not worth my time. Has anyone else had this sort of experience?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
gravy boat

Default Lovely

Yes, I've noticed that happens from time to time. It seems to be common in an anonymous forum setting. Perhaps being able to hide behind a screen name provides some folks with the intestinal fortitude to say what they would not if their identity was known. Especially attacking others with opinions different from their own.

Don't allow others' ignorance to prevent you from expressing your opinions.

GB
Old 09-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Give it a break

Give it a break will you!! This forum and 99.9% of it's members are respectful people and don't thrive off drama like you seem to.

In just a short number of posts you have unsuccessfully tried to run down the reputation of some fine local area restaurants that have established themselves with a great reputation with the locals as well as tourists. It's one thing to give your review and move on but sheesh according to you there is only one good restaurant in the lakes region!!

My suggestion to you is to do more reading and less posting and leave the drama at the door.

Dan
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
twoplustwo

Default opinions are like... well, you know

You, like any other forum member, are free to post your opinions. That's what we do here. When a person joins, puts out a barrage of posts that insult most every restaurant in the near vicinity while posting multiple times about their favorite new restaurant in so many threads it's like the movie "Groundhog Day", people are going to question their motives. It shouldn't take a visit from Captain Obvious to figure that out.

You're annoyed with the VK, the Shed, Sam and Rosie's, and The Corner House. You love The Bob House. You really love The Bob House. Did I mention you love The Bob House? Your posting pattern indicates an agenda. That's my opinion, which I am equally free to share.

Last edited by twoplustwo; 09-11-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Pontoon Goon

Default Wow

Has anyone ever seen Lovelytosee you and luvmypups in the same room at the same time ?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
twoplustwo

Default I just snorted my iced coffee

Thanks, Pontoon Goon
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
RI Swamp Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyToSeeYou View Post
... Has anyone else had this sort of experience?
From time to time it does happen. Some of us that have been here more than a few days or weeks become suspicious when a new person joins and their initial comments are centered on praising only one establishment and knocking all others in the same business.

I remember a clasic case quite some time ago where members thought a particulat establishment was not as good as it had been in past years and one (and only one) new member had great praise for that business. The webmaster here pointed out that ALL the posts from one member praising that establishment came from the IP address of the establishment.

I am sure regular visitors here can form an opinion based on all the posted facts and opinions and not just one or two members.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
Rose

It happens on occasion with new people who post opinions in the restaurant forum. After a while, you can forecast when it will happen and who will make comments. Only you can decide if it's worth your time to put up with it. I know I've taken a break from the forum when the general attitude turns so negative that I feel I'm about to follow suit.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontoon Goon View Post
Has anyone ever seen Lovelytosee you and luvmypups in the same room at the same time ?
They are both on right now. Good theory though.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
Argie's Wife

Default You get what you give...

I don't mean this in a mean-spirited way at all, but since you asked... (and I am the woman who will tell you when your slip is showing or your shoes don't match...)

Other than when there's just a misunderstanding - or someone had decided to get really offensive themselves - I've not seen the digital pig pile that you've encountered but you've said some pretty outrageous things on a board where some of the businesses/owners you were slamming are posters here as well. You have the right to your opinion but where do you draw the line before you hit the "overkill" level of things?

You posted the same thing over and over in your first posts - I think it was 9 of 11 posts - in one day, and then said some pretty wild things about some others. You make it sound as though you were attacked because of one post on one thread - that was hardly the case.

In case you haven't noticed, this board is sorta a big family in some ways - we love the same things, we share news, advise, and we have fun raising money each year together. We are a community. (Sometimes we put the "fun" in dysfunctional...) We also get on war footing at times...

Generally speaking, newbies don't post on several threads the same info/opinion over and over and over. In my opinion, you're more than welcome here if you can play nice.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #11
hazelnut

Default It's your approach

LTSY,

You need to understand that it was your approach that was your undoing. Perhaps it was innocent enough but in 90% of your posts you trash a particular restaurant and manage to slip in a comment praising your new favorite restaurant. Take a step back and re-read all of your posts. We "seasoned" members have read these types of posts for years and 99.9% of the time we are correct in assuming that the poster has an agenda. It is usually found out that the person is some how related to the restaurant. Your posts fit a pattern. We have seen this pattern several times. Every thread you post to has a negative comment about a particular restaurant and then you manage to gush over an untried rookie establishment. One that has had PR problems with this forum by the way.

Let's start over. LovelyToSeeYou it is lovely to see you on this forum. Welcome and I hope you stick around to read and enjoy the forum. I sincerely do. Perhaps you could avoid mentioning your favorite restaurant in every single thread and you might actually be taken seriously. By all means you can start a new thread praising this place over and over again. You might not want to trash the other restaurants in that thread though. Go to the threads discussing those restaurants and leave your constructive criticism. You'll find that many owners read those threads and reply to the concerns of the posters. Again avoid mentioning your new favorite restaurant over and over again and you might come off as sincere.

Besides comparing restaurants isn't really all that fair in some circumstances as they all offer something different. Who the heck would want only one restaurant to choose from.

This is all just a bit of friendly advice. Take it or leave it but I hope you stay and enjoy the forum. It's nice to see new faces with varying opinions.

One other thing. It was your comment doubting that there was actually a line to get into the VK that really struck me. I'm not sure where you are from or when you have gone but every time I go to the VK for B-Fast there is a line out the door.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #12
JDeere

Rose nailed the response! Good job!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
LovelyToSeeYou

Default Thanks Hazelnut but...........

I have never been to VK for breakfast only lunch and mostly dinner. It used to have long lines out the door but this summer the times that I went (mostly in the middle of the week) there were no lines at all. I can assure that I go with neighbors and friends and we all noticed this. However, the food is good there and the swordfish has been delicious. I had had a problem with the chicken parm being a smaller portion and some other offering being smaller as well. However I simply asked if anyone else had any thoughts on this and was attacked. LOL Don't worry on me. I raised several teenagers. I can survive anything. I have tried to say that I enjoyed The North End and also have had lovely experiences at Canoe. I like Lemon Grass but I am a bit less able to afford expensive meals so guess that I am a bit frugal. I like the food at Lemon Grass though. I made some comments about a few bad experiences that I guess others did not want to know. Still when I said I was not going back to one that I mentioned, I was asked to at least say why I was not going back. (See the problem?) When I wrote why I was not going back, I was attacked. Still the lake is a lovely area that we all enjoy and has some lovely places to eat. I had my first banana split today on my way back from a trip to the dump. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for writing. I don't know any owners at any restaurants. Most of my opinions were shared by others in my group at any given outing. I do not go out to eat alone. I have taken out meals from restaurants when I eat alone. I am also cost conscious and courtesy conscious. I like good value and simple politeness at restaurants. I also like consistency. I am a good solid soul and those who know me would vouch for my honesty. Don't worry. All is well. Have a lovely weekend and thanks for your input.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #14
Merrymeeting

LovelyToSeeYou,

Like others who have posted, I'm happy to assume that your intentions are good and you are not here as a "troll".

But on behalf of many, can I ask you to work a little bit on the formatting of your posts? For example, separating your thoughts into paragraphs? Using some spacing to make your ideas more readable?

I'm not one of those who is a member of the grammar police. Anyone knows my posts are full of grammatical and spelling mistakes.
But, your posts and ideas are very difficult to comprehend when it's all jumbled together with no spacing or thought breaks.

Thanks...
Old 09-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #15
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
But on behalf of many, can I ask you to work a little bit on the formatting of your posts? For example, separating your thoughts into paragraphs? Using some spacing to make your ideas more readable?
Thanks MM, I did not even try to read those long jumbled paragraphs. I glanced at her 1st long post that started this off in another thread and then just moved on as I would have with any other similarly formatted post.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #16
RPM

Default The .1%

Everyone's wrong !!
Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #17
LovelyToSeeYou

Default How does one answer an individual post?

Regarding format..............not too many of you are able to read paragraphs in a book then I guess. LOL I have not heard any serious post that offers any response to my comments. Should a restaurant be rude to a person who has come at 11:50 to eat when they close at 12:00???? Should a restaurant be out of lobsters before 7 PM when one has called in advance to ask if they have lobsters? Should a restaurant suggest that a bad tasting and bad looking COLD lobster tail be eaten as it was just next to some ice ? Did any of you just good folks here happen to notice that it was a poor shipment and they came to say they had stopped serving that special? None of you has ever had a bad meal anywhere? Some of you are just like teenagers I guess. I know I can deal with that!! Don't trouble yourselves to respond as I do not respect empty nonsense. Great suggestion.............only write positive things about restaurants???? Good. You do that. I have both good and bad things to say about restaurants but some of you are like those who sit and watch as things go bad. Then you wondered what happened? Fine. I am here at a Lake that I love with friends and neighbors that I love and we are all having a great time. I do not think any of you try to be mean or disrespectful. It may just be that some like to try to see change and some like to make sure that things stay the same no matter what. Now to my walk.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #18
Rattlesnake Guy

Default Lakes Region Restaurant Reviews

It's kind of like a movie critic. Some will like any given movie. Some will hate the same. The trick is being a fair judge who can present both good and bad to help the businesses improve and us to tell the difference between the ones worth going to. Just like movies, this is hardly an exact science and it can draw different viewpoints. Like the old expression, you are the expert at your opinion. A movie critic that likes 70 percent of the movies reviewed has a lot more credibility than one who hates 70 percent. Likewise, liking 95 percent is not much help either.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #19
Alton Bay Bob

Quote:
Regarding format..............not too many of you are able to read paragraphs in a book then I guess. LOL I have not heard any serious post that offers any response to my comments. Should a restaurant be rude to a person who has come at 11:50 to eat when they close at 12:00???? Should a restaurant be out of lobsters before 7 PM when one has called in advance to ask if they have lobsters? Should a restaurant suggest that a bad tasting and bad looking COLD lobster tail be eaten as it was just next to some ice ? Did any of you just good folks here happen to notice that it was a poor shipment and they came to say they had stopped serving that special? None of you has ever had a bad meal anywhere? Some of you are just like teenagers I guess. I know I can deal with that!! Don't trouble yourselves to respond as I do not respect empty nonsense. Great suggestion.............only write positive things about restaurants???? Good. You do that. I have both good and bad things to say about restaurants but some of you are like those who sit and watch as things go bad. Then you wondered what happened? Fine. I am here at a Lake that I love with friends and neighbors that I love and we are all having a great time. I do not think any of you try to be mean or disrespectful. It may just be that some like to try to see change and some like to make sure that things stay the same no matter what. Now to my walk.

I hope you had a good walk. As you can see from my stats I have been a member for years but don't post very often. But your posts have confused the heck out of me. I have read many books and have never seen such run on paragraphs.... You then say you have not seen a response to a whole bunch of statements that are not on this thread! (I am guessing they are on other threads but not sure.)

I have found the members of this forum amazingly helpful...sometimes a bit forceful but always helpful. I would humbly suggest you follow the advice given on this thread and enjoy the entire experience.. hopefully as much as I do
Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #20
Lakegeezer

Yes please! Use the "enter" key every now and then to put a blank line between your thoughts. I try to read what you post, but haven't made it through one yet.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #21
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default My humble opinion

Quote:
Regarding format..............not too many of you are able to read paragraphs in a book then I guess. ... None of you has ever had a bad meal anywhere? Some of you are just like teenagers I guess. I know I can deal with that!! Don't trouble yourselves to respond as I do not respect empty nonsense. Great suggestion.............only write positive things about restaurants???? Good. You do that. I have both good and bad things to say about restaurants but some of you are like those who sit and watch as things go bad. Then you wondered what happened? Fine.
LTSY, as far as format, you cannot compare what you have written with a paragraph in a book, first off, when I read books, and I am in college so I read very thick complicated books, the difference...The books do not repeat themselves in every paragraph about one subject as you do The Bob.

Second, perhaps you should read more posts rather than suggest that people do not say bad things about restaurants because there are many threads that say negative things about restaurants when necessary. BUT those posts will stay on topic regarding THAT RESTAURANT. Not always add something about another restaurant that has nothing to do with the thread.

This is why people are saying what they say. My final suggestion, READ BEFORE POSTING.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Exclamation Lovely is Not Nadia!

LovelyToSeeYou is not Nadia. Many of you aren’t being fair to her and I think some of you might owe her an apology.

If she doesn’t care to take our advice about how to post in a more readable manner… don’t read her posts.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #23
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
LovelyToSeeYou is not Nadia. Many of you aren’t being fair to her and I think some of you might owe her an apology.

If she doesn’t care to take our advice about how to post in a more readable manner… don’t read her posts.
I have to say I think I agree with RSG. I went back and read Nadia posts and I don't see the connection. Nadia did actually separate thoughts with spaces. I'm hoping LTSY continues to post and just takes some friendly advice.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #24
sa meredith

Default Really??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
I have to say I think I agree with RSG. I went back and read Nadia posts and I don't see the connection. Nadia did actually separate thoughts with spaces. I'm hoping LTSY continues to post and just takes some friendly advice.
Don't see the connections?! Are you serious?
Where do I start?
First, let me say this.
As long time members of this forum, I respect both you and Rattlesnake Gal's opinions. In fact, because of RG's posting style, which is always postive or informative, and never confrontational, I would indeed acquiesce to her in any matter ralated to this board in which she simply said "I know this to be true, and it is not an opinion. I have the facts". She would need not back up her writings with examples. Her statement would be enough. I believe she has eraned this measure of respect long ago.
That being said...
Why I STRONGLY believe LTSY is Nadia? First and foremost, understand that I am not alone in this thought.
The amount of PMs to me saying they had the exact same idea is now double digits. And, two of the PMs are from forum members that are certainly in the same league as RG.
One is from a member of this forum whose opinions are held is the highest of regard, and he simply stated "no question".
Also...
When Nadia was not is a battle, but responding to a post in a friendly way, she always started it with:
Hi Hazelnut
and then begin
LTSY does the same thing.

Nadia would start a thread, and respond to every single post in it.
LTSY does the same thing. And mind you, as a 67 year old retired grandmother, pounds away on that keyboard pretty good. Do her writings truly read like those of a 67 yr old grandmother? Really? I say, no!

Nadia would often sign on, and instantly respond to 6 or 7 threads right away. LTSY not only does the same, but, I ask, is this typical behavior of a new member? Especially that of a 67 yr old woman? I say no. Most start slowly, and very few jump in and do battle right away.

But the single biggest reason I believe they are one in the same, is the way she responds to opinions that don't line up with her's. Just long rambling posts telling you why your opinion is wrong.

When she worked at LP, she defended everything about them to a fault, and now, well, it would seen she is mostly likely working at The Bob House. Would this not make sense? She is no longer with LP, and Bob House, being a new place, would indeed be looking for experienced restaurant people. And she now defends them to a fault.

Other reasons as well, but enough is enough. If I am wrong I apologize. I certainly mean no harm.
But, appply the theory of Arkham's Razor, and my idea fits.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #25
Rose

Default Oy vey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Do you mean Ockham's Razor?

I'll give the most simple fact. We don't know for certain who it is. It may be her, it may not be. So why stir the pot?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #26
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default I agree, Rose

When I have a continuing issue with the way someone posts, I do one of two things: 1. Ignore their posts, which is usually easy to do; and 2. If it is not easy to do, I simply put them on my ignore list.

In either case no more problem, no possible false accusations of who is who, and my blood pressure stays at about 118 over 70 something.

Life is too short to have all these negative thoughts in 3 or 4 somewhat related threads.

One small step down of the soapbox, and back to chores.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #27
Rattlesnake Gal

Red face A Questionable Forum Member

sa meredith and others, there certainly is the possibility that LovelyToSeeYou is Nadia. She denied being Nadia to me directly last night via PM. Until there is proof, shouldn’t we give her the benefit of the doubt? I wouldn’t want so many treating my 66-year-old mother so aggressively if she were to start posting on this Forum.

If it is Nadia and she stays within the rules of the Forum, shouldn’t she be given another chance? Many of Nadia’s posts have breaks in them - hence a big reason for my doubt.

I guess last night’s post should have read: Lovely Tells Me She Isn’t Nadia. Sorry, my mistake. I've been feeling bad for her.

As upthesaukee stated, we have that handy-dandy button to ignore people. Why not use it?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #28
hazelnut

Quote:
Don't see the connections?! Are you serious?
Where do I start?
First, let me say this.
As long time members of this forum, I respect both you and Rattlesnake Gal's opinions. In fact, because of RG's posting style, which is always postive or informative, and never confrontational, I would indeed acquiesce to her in any matter ralated to this board in which she simply said "I know this to be true, and it is not an opinion. I have the facts". She would need not back up her writings with examples. Her statement would be enough. I believe she has eraned this measure of respect long ago.
That being said...
Why I STRONGLY believe LTSY is Nadia? First and foremost, understand that I am not alone in this thought.
The amount of PMs to me saying they had the exact same idea is now double digits. And, two of the PMs are from forum members that are certainly in the same league as RG.
One is from a member of this forum whose opinions are held is the highest of regard, and he simply stated "no question".
Also...
When Nadia was not is a battle, but responding to a post in a friendly way, she always started it with:
Hi Hazelnut
and then begin
LTSY does the same thing.

Nadia would start a thread, and respond to every single post in it.
LTSY does the same thing. And mind you, as a 67 year old retired grandmother, pounds away on that keyboard pretty good. Do her writings truly read like those of a 67 yr old grandmother? Really? I say, no!

Nadia would often sign on, and instantly respond to 6 or 7 threads right away. LTSY not only does the same, but, I ask, is this typical behavior of a new member? Especially that of a 67 yr old woman? I say no. Most start slowly, and very few jump in and do battle right away.

But the single biggest reason I believe they are one in the same, is the way she responds to opinions that don't line up with her's. Just long rambling posts telling you why your opinion is wrong.

When she worked at LP, she defended everything about them to a fault, and now, well, it would seen she is mostly likely working at The Bob House. Would this not make sense? She is no longer with LP, and Bob House, being a new place, would indeed be looking for experienced restaurant people. And she now defends them to a fault.

Other reasons as well, but enough is enough. If I am wrong I apologize. I certainly mean no harm.
sa if I were on the jury I'd be leaning toward a conviction right now. I think you may have inadvertently stumbled upon your new career.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #29
Argie's Wife

Quote:
sa meredith and others, there certainly is the possibility that LovelyToSeeYou is Nadia. She denied being Nadia to me directly last night via PM. Until there is proof, shouldn’t we give her the benefit of the doubt? I wouldn’t want so many treating my 66-year-old mother so aggressively if she were to start posting on this Forum.

If it is Nadia and she stays within the rules of the Forum, shouldn’t she be given another chance? Many of Nadia’s posts have breaks in them - hence a big reason for my doubt.

I guess last night’s post should have read: Lovely Tells Me She Isn’t Nadia. Sorry, my mistake. I've been feeling bad for her.

As upthesaukee stated, we have that handy-dandy button to ignore people. Why not use it?
I just received a similar PM. I'm gong to give you the "just" of the note in my own words because I think it's bad form to copy and paste a PM.

LTSY stated she was unable to post (not sure if she was shut off or if there's another reason.) She did mention she had posted 3 posts in 24 hours but that when she contacted Don, she was told her messages were not being moderated. She asked if this seemed right. (Again - it could be a computer or browser issue - I would think that Don would tag her if he was shutting her off.)

At any rate, there is an invite to meet face-to-face. She states that some people will be red-faced because of their behavior, as she really is who she claims she is. She states she is not a troll or any of the other things she has been called.

Again - that's my "take" on her note to me.

No offense SA - or anyone else - but I don't subscribe to the theory you propose. I think there are similarities in the two posters' styles but they aren't the same, per se.

In my opinion, LTSY chose to go beyond having "an opinion" and went into overkill, hence my likening her behavior on this board to be like a troll. I frequent some other forums and have seen the damage they can do. Perhaps she did not intend to have that impact or to solicit the reaction she received when she "stepped on some toes". Again, just my opinion. I'll let you decide what you want and let her (and you) make amends or whatever to move on....

I stick to what I said earlier in this thread - play nice and you're more than welcome here.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #30
Argie's Wife

Default As for my response...

I attempted to respond to LTSY's email (I had accidentally called it a PM in my earlier post - it is an email) but found she had turned that function off. I see she is logged in right now, so maybe she is reading this thread...

LTSY - I cannot respond to your note unless you turn your PM function back on.

Edited to add this: LTSY - please contact the webmaster for assistance. I cannot help you with your problem - none of us can turn off/on other poster's PM function. I'm sure he will be able to assist you. Thank you.

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 09-15-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: see above...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #31
gtagrip

I think I'm on board with SA. Just to many similarities in posts between LTSY and the previous Nadia. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #32
sa meredith

Default Is the horse dead yet?

I guess with this post I can be accused of beating a dead horse, but, one more, if I may.
Very simply...re-read some of the posts, and ask yourself one, and only one, question.
Do these writings seem to be that of a 67 year old woman, who is indeed new to the forum, and knows nobody? Just think about that.
And, I would very much like an explanation to her use of the word "we" at the end of post #49 in the VK/Country Cookin' thread. It should very clear to any English speaking person that "we" was a slip on her part, and in the context it was used, can only be referring to "we" as in a group of restaurant owners or employees. No grey area.

Some of you may ask why I am beating this drum. What difference does it make?
I will simply tell you that if any of you ever read the PM's I received from Nadia and someone who identified themselves as Nadia's husband, over the past year, you would understand. I will take every opportunity to call her out that I can. She is a person with some huge issues, that need to worked on. And RG, no, I don't believe a second chance is in order.
Don has read some of the PM's and I am quite sure he agrees.
If LTSY is somehow, someway, who she says she is, I am sorry, and so very embarrassed.
But, I believe, when I have dinner at The Bob House in the next day or so, and carefully ask if there is an employee there by the name of Nadia, the aswer will be yes.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #33
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default Who cares who she is

When I post comments on LTSY, I am mainly commenting on how she writes and the fact that no matter the subject, she sticks The Bob House into the subject. Then you have the strange comment about the Patriots in the middle of a non-Patriot's thread.

Anyway, most 67 year old grandmothers take advice when long time posters give it. Also, if she is new, I am confused as to how she is a "member" and not a "junior member"?

Again, she seems to think we are unable to read paragraphs, as she clearly stated, but if the paragraph was written with one idea and then a new paragraph was made for the next, we would be less harsh, or at least I would be.

I really enjoy reading these threads as I am not able to get to the lake as often as I want especially now that I am unemployed, and I do not want to have to ignor anyone, but LTSY makes it really difficult.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #34
Argie's Wife

SA - Again, no offense intended and I respectfully disagree but understand your point of view.

LTSY - Please stop emailing me. You've tagged me 5 times now. I will not respond with you other than via PM. No, I do not want to email you back, thank you, anyways. Again, please contact the webmaster for help. No one can shut you off and this is hardly Nazi Germany - give me a break already. Enough!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #35
Rattlesnake Gal

Question Nadia or Not???

Quote:
I will simply tell you that if any of you ever read the PM's I received from Nadia and someone who identified themselves as Nadia's husband, over the past year, you would understand. I will take every opportunity to call her out that I can. She is a person with some huge issues, that need to worked on. And RG, no, I don't believe a second chance is in order.
Don has read some of the PM's and I am quite sure he agrees.
If LTSY is somehow, someway, who she says she is, I am sorry, and so very embarrassed.
But, I believe, when I have dinner at The Bob House in the next day or so, and carefully ask if there is an employee there by the name of Nadia, the answer will be yes.
Now I completely understand your position sa meredith. I'm very sorry you were a target.

By the way, her restaurant was called Nadia's - her real name is Carol. Keep us posted and good luck.

I agree with Argie's Wife, I will not respond to e-mails from LovelyToSeeYou. Sorry.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #36
VtSteve

I thought this was about the Nadia B that used to work at the LP? Gosh I might follow everyone else to the bar now, I'm not good at abreviated riddles
Old 09-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
Rose

Quote:
I guess with this post I can be accused of beating a dead horse, but, one more, if I may.
So go meet this person at The Bob House and if it turns out to be Nadia, you can declare kanly and have it out with her. But can you please leave the rest of us out of it?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #38
sa meredith

Default Ltsy

Rose...you are right to write what you did.

LTSY...I am the one who called you out...the only one.
PM me, and leave these others members alone.
Curious, why you sent them messages defending yourself when I am the one who started this.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #39
Bluebell

Default I could be wrong but . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWinnipesaukee View Post
Also, if she is new, I am confused as to how she is a "member" and not a "junior member"?
It appears that your status as a junior member or member is determined by the number of posts you have. I was a junior member until I posted number 20 (?) and then I became a member. Lovely posted over 30 times in just a couple of days. Maybe she likes to travel in the express lane.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #40
Pineedles

Default Rose shows her color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
So go meet this person at The Bob House and if it turns out to be Nadia, you can declare kanly and have it out with her. But can you please leave the rest of us out of it?
I don't think sa meredith wants to "have it out with her" as you say Rose. I believe he intends to go to "The Bob House" and confirm what he has suspected by talking to the bartender. He is an honorable man and he is willing to back up what he has said, and if he is wrong, apologize. He has stated this already.

As far as leaving you out of it, I would suggest that if you want to be left out of it, then don't criticize sa meredith, and stay out of it by ignoring his posts as some of the most respected members have said one should do. If you don't like the contents of what the member has said, then turn on the Ignore buttton.

When you said "please leave the rest of us out of it", were you speaking for me? Please don't speak for me. I enjoy coherent free speech! You may want to rethink your comment where you try to deny sa meredith's right to the First Amendment. He certainly has not tried to deny yours, or anyone else's.

Now back to our our topic.
No, I haven't noticed more verbal attacks by some on others who post opinions? Just the same people defending the wrong ones, and others who evolve into another name.
Good night Gracie. What is Kanly?

Last edited by Pineedles; 09-15-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: spelling of kanly
Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #41
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
I don't think sa meredith wants to "have it out with her" as you say Rose. I believe he intends to go to "The Bob House" and confirm what he has suspected by talking to the bartender. He is an honorable man and he is willing to back up what he has said, and if he is wrong, apologize. He has stated this already.
Obviously by his response to my post he's an honorable man. But he could have confirmed his suspicions first and if Nadia's working there, come on and told us.

Quote:
As far as leaving you out of it, I would suggest that if you want to be left out of it, then don't criticize sa meredith, and stay out of it by ignoring his posts as some of the most respected members have said one should do. If you don't like the contents of what the member has said, then turn on the Ignore buttton.
The ignore button only works if I then ignore all the people who respond to the people I'm ignoring. It also seems like there's a select few who are allowed to criticize other posters...guess I'm not one of them...must not be one of those respected members either. Darn.

Quote:
When you said "please leave the rest of us out of it", were you speaking for me? Please don't speak for me. I enjoy coherent free speech! You may want to rethink your comment where you try to deny sa meredith's right to the First Amendment. He certainly has not tried to deny yours, or anyone else's.
Since I'm not the U.S. government, I can't deny anyone their right to free speech. I prefer civil free speech, and it had turned away from that. But once again it seems like you believe it's okay for certain members to deny others their right to free speech.

Quote:
No, I haven't noticed more verbal attacks by some on others who post opinions?
Some could say you were just guilty of this.

Quote:
Just the same people defending the wrong ones, and others who evolve into another name.
So who gets to determine who the wrong ones are? And there goes my idea of posting under the name "Violet."

Quote:
Good night Gracie.
Goodbye

Quote:
What is Kanly?
Google it.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 AM   #42
sa meredith

Default war

I believe it is an act of war.

And, Pineedles is correct. It is certainly not what I am looking for.
Would never even want to speak to her. Just confirm that she works there. If she did, it would explain a lot...bashing the VK, while pumping up Bob House, and discredit her posts.
As time goes by, and I am forwarded many many PM's she has sent out to other memebers, there is simply no question our new LTSY is indeed who I thought.

Sox are only out 5 in the loss column. Maybe???
Old 09-16-2009, 08:03 AM   #43
Pineedles

I believe that sa has stated his reasons for wanting to OUT this person, vicious and threatening PMs to him, and he has obviously found some who feel the same way.

The ignore button only works if I then ignore all the people who respond to the people I'm ignoring. Huh?

You say that you are not the US Govt. I'm sorry you don't have to be the US Govt. to deny someone their right to free speech. But thank God you are not anyway. Perhaps I should have said that Don has the right to exclude any posters comments. But since he hasn't excluded sa's comments I guess he has no problem.

As to some saying I am guilty of verbal attacks. Who could say/ You? Are you going back to the Waldo Pepper thread, nearly two years ago? TPG and I are on good terms and have been for over a year now. I do remember you seemed to follow me around a bit and have a comment on what ever I wrote after that.

As far as kanly. "A term meaning regulated feud in the fictional world of Dune" OK, that explains alot.

Seriously though, I don't think you and I can agree on much. So if you want to multiquote me again, be my guest. I don't intend to argue with you further. You continue to support LTSY and I'll stick with what sa meredith believes.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
Merrymeeting

Don, the same points are being repeated and the comments are getting personal.

Suggest it's time for all to take a time-out and lock this topic....
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #45
Rose

If sa was looking to out the person because of PMs he'd received, then that's a personal grudge going on and in my opinion it doesn't belong on the forum. I'm allowed to voice that opinion...unless you're trying to deny my right to free speech.

My reason for multi-quoting you was to prove that the ignore button doesn't always work. If someone had ignored you, but I multi-quoted you and they weren't ignoring me, then they're going to see what they were trying to ignore.

Don hasn't banned me, so I guess he has no problem with me either. However, he does have some rules. One of them is:

"If you don't agree with something expressed on the Forum respond with your opinion, don't get personal! Your comments and opinions are welcome, personal attacks, insults or flames are not."

I consider "Rose shows her color" and "I'm sorry you don't have to be the US Govt. to deny someone their right to free speech. But thank God you are not anyway" to be personal attacks. And that's why I said you were just guilty of it...as in you did it recently. I was not going back two years ago...my memory ain't that good.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #46
sa meredith

Default Ok ok ok

Guys come on, enough.
This was never my intent.
Rose, I said I understood your point. And, truth be told, I thought Pineedles put into words, very nicely, what my true thoughts were.
Now, let's not make fools of ourselves. (I tend to be good at that).

Rose, I would say one thing though. Your "right to free speech" has nothing to do with this board. It is owned by Don, and can do whatever he darn well pleases with it. It is his playground, and noone elses. Your "right to free speech" entitles you to start your own web site/ newspaper/ radio show. And that's about it.
We should all always remember that.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #47
jeffk

Thumbs down Yuk - I feel slimy

This thread is a turkey and it's overdone. I see no redeeming value to the forum. Even people who have tried to rise above it are being pulled into the sewer. Don, I hope you see fit to pull the plug.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #48
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Enough already!

jeffk: I couldn't agree with you more - McD

Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #49
hazmatmedic

Default will power?

I don't get it. If you don't like this thread.....don't read it.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #50
Pineedles

Default Rose is a nice color

As I said I won't argue. Peace Rose?
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #51
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Rose, I would say one thing though. Your "right to free speech" has nothing to do with this board. It is owned by Don, and can do whatever he darn well pleases with it. It is his playground, and noone elses. Your "right to free speech" entitles you to start your own web site/ newspaper/ radio show. And that's about it.
We should all always remember that.
This thread from last year may be helpful regarding the "free speech" issue.

I would really like to wrap this up and return to Lakes Region issues and comments. The Restaurant area has been seriously derailed by all this and it would be nice to return it to the reviews and helpful comments that I hoped it would provide.

I will close this thread at the end of today.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM   #52
Skip

Thumbs up Fully agree.....

Thank you Don,

It has been very discouraging to see good folks poking at each other here.

There is no doubt in my mind as to the identity of the this thread's originator and that individual, now under a different name, has once again managed to disrupt the forum and no doubt give you an additional grey hair or two!

There will always be trolls, especially on a website as broadly viewed and commented on as this great site. Hopefully all of us can learn from this experience and not fall victim once again to this particularly troubled individual.

There Don, I feel better....
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #53
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow As the world turns

Quote:
Do you mean Ockham's Razor?

I'll give the most simple fact. We don't know for certain who it is. It may be her, it may not be. So why stir the pot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
When I have a continuing issue with the way someone posts, I do one of two things: 1. Ignore their posts, which is usually easy to do; and 2. If it is not easy to do, I simply put them on my ignore list.

In either case no more problem, no possible false accusations of who is who, and my blood pressure stays at about 118 over 70 something.

Life is too short to have all these negative thoughts in 3 or 4 somewhat related threads.

One small step down of the soapbox, and back to chores.
Quote:

My thoughts exactly. I know Peyton Place was based local events but really people .........
Old 09-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #54
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default Speak for yourself

Quote:
Enough about this, but when people start thinking that they are speaking for "the rest of us" Please Rose, do not include me in that. I speak for myself, I agree with the rest of them, when one person continues to go on and on about one place, adds that location into every single post she makes, then if it quacks like a duck.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #55
ITD

Thumbs up

We need the thanks button in here, Thanks Don.
Closed Thread