Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Glendale Marine

Hi All;

New to the forum, and wanted to say hello and ask a question at the same time...

I was curious if anyone here stores their boat at Glendale Marine and utilizes their valet service?? If so, what has your experience been??

Thanks and looking forward to being a productive member to this forum.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
ishoot308

Default Live and Learn, The Hard Way!

I put up the previous post in February of 2008. I should have known by the lack of response that something was up.

I am not one to publicly bash any local establishment. As a matter of fact I often refrain even if I have had a bad experience as everyone is entitled to a bad day or two.

Well I found out first hand what continual incompetence and terrible service is the hard way. It has been nothing but a nightmare for my wife and I since last February when we purchased a boat there and utilized their valet service and desperately tried to use their other services.

I will not state publicly what went on as it simply would use too much space. I simply do not want anyone else to go through what we have without warning. So if anyone is thinking about doing any business or service there, feel free to PM me for details of my experience. You have been warned!! I wish I had been!

BTW, we have since moved to slip at Fays and are loving life. They are great folks over there!

Dan
Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
codeman671

I have had my issues there as well. I am sure that you and I are not alone. It is comical to watch some of the boats being moved around with their forklift. Glad its not my boat...
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
klpjr77

ISHOOT308,

Would love to hear about your bad experience, as I was debating on whether or not to go to glendale? However, in the past couple weeks doing research, I've finally decided on Fay's myself. I'm heading up tommorow, perhaps we can chat. What's the name of your boat, etc..location, I'd love to stop by.
klpjr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
gravy boat

Thumbs up Excellent Service -- Boat Storage

I highly recommend Dave's Motorboat Shoppe, right next to Beans and Greens in Gilford on Rt. 11B. Reasonable rates and I believe he'll launch and retrieve w/some notice (we trailer our boat on our own, which is why I do not know). Great service, reasonable storage year-round. And we have been very happy with the service work he's performed as well.

GB

DAVE'S MOTORBOAT SHOPPE, LLC Rt. 11B, 229 Invervale Rd. Gilford, NH 03246. Phone: (603) 293-8847 ...
www.davesmotorboatshoppe.com
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpjr77 View Post
ISHOOT308,

Would love to hear about your bad experience, as I was debating on whether or not to go to glendale? However, in the past couple weeks doing research, I've finally decided on Fay's myself. I'm heading up tommorow, perhaps we can chat. What's the name of your boat, etc..location, I'd love to stop by.
Private email sent.

Dan
Old 05-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Sman

Default good and bad

I know someone that stores their boat there and likes the setup and service.

My experience is that there is really one guy that knows and does/trys to do everything and there is not enough of him to go around, he is great at what he does if he is available, if you need a place where everyone drops what they are doing for you, not sure its the place, that being said most places are too busy to get it all done right now when you need it

I store, winterize, trailer my own so I only have myself to blame if its not getting done, I know thats not possible for everyone
Sman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #8
Weekend Pundit

Thumbs down It Used To Be Pretty Good...

...until they laid off their service manager three years ago. After that things became rather haphazard and disjointed.

I had my boat serviced there both before and after their service manager departed and the 'after' experience was not pleasant. It took them three weeks to replace the bellows on my stern drive. I had to go down there to 'explain' to them why they were going to finish the work on my boat in the next day or two (I was starting vacation at the end of that week and wasn't going to be without my boat).

Boats were being serviced in random order, meaning someone bringing their boat in today might wait a week or two (or three), while someone one bringing their boat in tomorrow would be serviced that same day.

Last edited by Weekend Pundit; 05-23-2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Correct a mis-spelling.
Weekend Pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #9
ishoot308

Default Not Alone

Based on the emails I received regarding this place, apparently I was far from alone in the type of treatment I received there.

It's a shame as that place could be a gold mine with the right people in charge.

Dan
Old 05-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #10
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Too Rude

I am not a customer of Glendale Marine but I had an unpleasant interaction with someone from Glendale Marine last summer. I think it was the owner. I launched my boat (with my own vehicle) and when I tried to leave he had a truck and trailer parked there as well as a pontoon boat on the ground blocking the driveway. A woman in the office was finally able to contact him to move his truck.

He acted like he owned the whole area, Gilford town land included. He finally moved the truck and trailer that was blocking the public right of way, but not before a lot of needless chatter.

I would stay away from that business. No customer service skills.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote