Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Boat Show In Boston

Anyone else attend the New England Boat Show at the convention center in Boston??

I went Saturday morning and was surprised (well maybe not) at the low attendance.

Anyway I was impressed to see Evinrudes new "Etec" line of quiet, clean burning, fuel efficient 2 stroke outboards on about 75% of the boats there. They must be really taking off. I have one on my boat and absolutely love it.

The other thing I saw that impressed me was "Premiers" line of pontoon boats at Winnisquam Marines booth. WOW, super high quality and high performance. Probably the nicest pontoon I have ever seen!

The show goes until next weekend. Check it out if you have a chance! It was fun!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
codeman671

I was there Saturday afternoon however I spent the bulk of my time in the Mastercraft booth. Silver Sands has recently taken over the line and will be doing a lot of promoting this year.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

Yup, saw the Mastercraft booth!! Really, really NICE boats!! They had a nicely setup booth also! Lots of people looking at their boats.

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
jrc

I went on Sunday and was surprised by the crowds. I expected a ghost town but there were lines to see some the boats. I think there were less boats and less floor space then prvious years which might make it seem more crowded.

I noticed the sales people were much more picky this year about shoes and keeping the boats clean. Some were gating access and preventing too many people from being on the boats at one time. More seemed to have carpet runners and other protection. Too bad they don't see what the kids are doing below.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
GTO

Default Fox news

Fox news ran a piece on the boat show last night. Organizers say it is the best show in the past 3 years as far as people and sales, and they still have a week to go. Go figure in this economy. Hey, if your going to be unemployed....might as well do it on a boat, right.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
codeman671

Saturday may just have been a tough day to start the show and not indicative of the financial market, taking into consideration that it was Valentine's day... I am sure there were plenty of wives that would not want to spend the day crawling over boats.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Went today (Monday)

Had never been to the NE Boat show before, and my wife and I were both off, so we printed up a pair of tickets (paid for of course), set the BCEC into the Garmin, and we were off.

Went down 95/rt1, and from 93 merge to Summer St in front of the center, when I once again started to breath (not much traffic here in Alton ) was a little hectic, but the rest of the trip was nice, and Holiday light.

Impressed with the show, the boats, and it was nice to see a lot of the local marinas represented.

After chatting with an Irwin salesperson, we went on the 52 ft Searay. Sitting in the cockpit of the boat reminded me of sitting in the cockpit of a DC10...everything was so huge. Wife noticed the washer/dryer under the stairs going below deck and said she wouldn't want to do laundry on the boat. I said for the $975,000 the boat cost, she wouldn't have to worry about doing the laundry, she could afford to have someone do it for her .

Seriously, nice show, and was getting busy when we left around 2. (got there before they opened at 11.)
Old 02-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #8
billhurley

I went on Monday, and was there when they opened at 11:00. It was busy. It wasn't as big as last year. They blocked off an area. I can tell you that it seemed as busy as last year when I went. I spoke with a few local salesman and they have been very busy. They both predicted a busy year on the lake.
billhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
colt17

we are heading down this friday cant wait...
colt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
OCDACTIVE

I went on Sunday as well. We got there early and had to wait in huge lines for tickets and to enter.... I thought it was a great show overall. I was impressed with the amount of accessory items along the edges. Also if you are looking for financing there were also some good deals. However I was not impressed actually very disappointed in the lack of "Go Fast" boats there. Normally there aren't that many anyway because the Miami show is going on at the same time but usually there are some. Fountain, Sunsation, Baja, Formula, Banana boats etc.. This year No Fountains, a left over Baja and a new stepped 29 formula...... I had hoped there would be more... The Formula was pretty sweet though. Not my style but very nice!