Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
Fireguy047

Question Where to launch and dock at Weirs Beach

Hi, we will be visiting the lake for the first time and will be staying at a house at Weirs Beach. I have looked at many websites plus this forum and have not come up with a clear answer to this question:
Should we rent a slip (and if so where) or should we launch each day? This forum has a fantastic amount of info on it and we will reap the benefits when we visit in late August. Thanks in advance.
Fireguy047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
Woodsy

You will be better off renting a slip from Fays in Gilford. They rent slips to transient boaters. Its a only 5 minutes from the Weirs. You can launch and recover there as well.

Woodsy
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
NightWing

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy
You will be better off renting a slip from Fays in Gilford. They rent slips to transient boaters. Its a only 5 minutes from the Weirs. You can launch and recover there as well.

Woodsy
5 Minutes????????????????? Not by car and certainly not by boat!
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
Woodsy

Nightwing, you need to check your maps...

Fay's is 5-7 minutes down Rte 11B from Weirs beach by car. Its approximately 4 miles from the Weirs Beach sign. You go to the end of 11B, turn right on to 11 and take your first left at the new "ship" building.

Woodsy
Old 07-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
NightWing

Thumbs down

Quote:
Nightwing, you need to check your maps...

Fay's is 5-7 minutes down Rte 11B from Weirs beach by car. Its approximately 4 miles from the Weirs Beach sign. You go to the end of 11B, turn right on to 11 and take your first left at the new "ship" building.

Woodsy
I don't need to check my maps. I had a slip at Fay's for 7 years. 5 minutes does not allow for any traffic or stoplights and crowds the speed limit.

4 miles from the sign? OK, at 60 MPH ( a mile per minute) you would cover those 4 miles. Can you drive 60 MPH from the Weirs to Fay's?
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #6
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWing
I don't need to check my maps. I had a slip at Fay's for 7 years. 5 minutes does not allow for any traffic or stoplights and crowds the speed limit.

4 miles from the sign? OK, at 60 MPH ( a mile per minute) you would cover those 4 miles. Can you drive 60 MPH from the Weirs to Fay's?

he's got a point. nothing around the weirs goes as quick as it should. I'd say that's 10 minutes at a best case more like 15-20 if theres any traffic but that said if you don't have a dock where your renting you have to basically drive there anyway to launch so might as well rent a slip and put it in once because chances are your rental place in the weirs isn't going to have a great area to park your boat anyways.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:34 PM   #7
SIKSUKR

Default About 5 minutes

Lets not split hairs here.I drive that route every weekend and yes,I would say its about 5 minutes,maybe 7 to get to the intersection before the bridge at the Weirs,excluding Motorcycle week.Jeesh,chill.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
Rayhunt

Default Hmm

I live right near fays ..Yes it takes 7 minutes to get to the weirs bridge going the speed limit with no delays
Rayhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Waterbaby

Default Five Minutes?!?!?!??!?!?!

Quote:

Woodsy
Yikes!!!!!! No offense, but don't wanna be riding in your car!!!!! (Good idea on Fay's, though!)
Waterbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Fireguy047

Default Thanks for the info

Thanks to all that replied, I will check out Fay's. Also thanks for the chuckles about the distance to Fay's
Fireguy047 is offline   Reply With Quote