Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Woodshed Closing??

I see the Woodshed Restaurant is going up for auction on July 12th.

http://www.jsjauctions.com/details.a...Code=2012-1139

Are they still open now?? If so, use up your gift certificates!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Interesting......

They always appeared busy so I am surprised that they are having to auction the property off....

Well hopefully everyone with a gift certificate gets in soon...
Old 06-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Janet

Oh my...thought I had a wonderful idea this past Christmas for a present for my sister and husband so I bought a certificate. They won't be at the lake until July 28th. Oh well! If anyone hears of how to get a refund, please let us know. Thanks.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
Newbiesaukee

We ate there last night. It was busy and we enjoyed the meal. Sorry to hear this.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Interesting......

They always appeared busy so I am surprised that they are having to auction the property off....

Well hopefully everyone with a gift certificate gets in soon...
It is probably not a problem with the business but rather what they paid for it and how much debt they have outstanding. I'm fairly certain this business will survive in some form or fashion given its history and unique charm. It is just a question of who will own and run it in the future.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Shore Driver

secondcurve, I hope you're right!
Shore Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
Hermit Cover

Default Woodshed in the future....

Last night as I was informing Ms. HC of the auction we thought of all the likely restaurant buyers that would be able to purchase (at the right price) this type of restaurant and make it better and we both thought of Alex Ray and Common Man.....we eat in CM restaurants frequently and find them priceworthy, and usually quite full when we are there. There are probably the usual detractors when it comes to CM but how many of them have closed and gone to auction lately?
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit Cover View Post
Last night as I was informing Ms. HC of the auction we thought of all the likely restaurant buyers that would be able to purchase (at the right price) this type of restaurant and make it better and we both thought of Alex Ray and Common Man.....we eat in CM restaurants frequently and find them priceworthy, and usually quite full when we are there. There are probably the usual detractors when it comes to CM but how many of them have closed and gone to auction lately?
It is certainly possible, but I hope that is not the case. The Common Man Group has become a chain of decent restaurants (I do eat there) that are well run and managed. I would hate to see the Woodshed kitchen work under the direction of a "corporate" executive chef.

I am sad, I live very close to the Woodshed and I eat there once and even twice a week typically. I like Kirk and Paige and think it is a great place.I have not talked with them yet but I also believe the Woodshed will survive mostly intact. They are busy- like everyone else, mid-week off season is tough. But weekends and all summer... slammed. I will be going in tonite and may be able to report more if they want me too.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Newbiesaukee

I won't swear by it, but I "heard" today it was not going to auction. Hope this is the case.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Billy Bob

A very nice looking and comfortable spot . But the service is inconsistent and the food has declined . Time for a change . Perhaps we will get new owners that can turn the place around.
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy Bob For This Useful Post:
CGI3 (06-25-2012), Sue Doe-Nym (06-26-2012), Sully (06-24-2012), Sunset View (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
beancover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Oh my...thought I had a wonderful idea this past Christmas for a present for my sister and husband so I bought a certificate. They won't be at the lake until July 28th. Oh well! If anyone hears of how to get a refund, please let us know. Thanks.
You could call them and find out.
beancover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beancover For This Useful Post:
Janet (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
SumoDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
It is certainly possible, but I hope that is not the case. The Common Man Group has become a chain of decent restaurants (I do eat there) that are well run and managed. I would hate to see the Woodshed kitchen work under the direction of a "corporate" executive chef.

I am sad, I live very close to the Woodshed and I eat there once and even twice a week typically. I like Kirk and Paige and think it is a great place.I have not talked with them yet but I also believe the Woodshed will survive mostly intact. They are busy- like everyone else, mid-week off season is tough. But weekends and all summer... slammed. I will be going in tonite and may be able to report more if they want me too.
Alex Ray - Corporate??? - guess you do not know Alex - to my knowledge Common Man Group is owned by Alex and he does not answer to shareholders looking to max profits and returns.

You are correct about the sadness portion - wish present owners all the luck in the world to pull thru and continue to run Woodshed the way Lynn and Bob used to
SumoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SumoDog For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (08-13-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
dragonfly03246

Default They are not closing...

From the restaurant manager:

Hi,
The Woodshed is not closing and there will be no auction on July 12th as the forum states. I appreciate your concern and your e-mail and look forward to seeing you in here soon enjoying yourself with us.

Paige Daniels
General Manager
The Woodshed Restaurant
128 Lee Rd.
Moultonboro, N.H.
603-476-2311
dragonfly03246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:27 AM   #14
JDeere

Default Nailed it

Billy Bob, nailed it with his reply on the Woodshed.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
dockmaster

Smile Woodshed Closing

E-mailed the Woodshed the other day. They responded no aucton, no closing. ENJOY
dockmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockmaster View Post
E-mailed the Woodshed the other day. They responded no aucton, no closing. ENJOY
Great news, thanks!!
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #17
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockmaster View Post
That may be what they said, but the auction site shows the auction is still "ON" as of June 27th.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I see the Woodshed Restaurant is going up for auction on July 12th.

http://www.jsjauctions.com/details.a...Code=2012-1139

Are they still open now?? If so, use up your gift certificates!!

Dan
Dan said it first....use up those gift certificates. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited by Happy Gourmand; 06-27-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added comment
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #19
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
That may be what they said, but the auction site shows the auction is still "ON" as of June 27th.
The auction can be listed as still on but the auction can get cancelled any time up to the day of the auction. The only way you will know is to call the auctioneer or have registered with them and requested to be notified of any changes to the listed auction.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
ishoot308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
The auction can be listed as still on but the auction can get cancelled any time up to the day of the auction. The only way you will know is to call the auctioneer or have registered with them and requested to be notified of any changes to the listed auction.
If the financial obligation has been satisfied to the bank, the owner of the property can demand the auction listing be deleted. Strange this has not been done yet... I know if it was my property and I was up to date with my payments, I would not allow it to be listed for sale by auction....rather bad for business.

Dan
Old 06-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
secondcurve

Default A downward spiral

What typically happens in these cases is the restaurant brings current its bank payment and forestalls the foreclosure proceedings than a month or two later it falls past due again and the foreclosure is back on. We saw this with the restaurant that was in the space the Bayside in Wolfeboro now occupies. Once the spiral begins it almost never is stopped. My guess is the Woodshed has new owners by the springtime.
The Following User Says Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
Winnigirl (07-14-2012)
Old 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
What typically happens in these cases is the restaurant brings current its bank payment and forestalls the foreclosure proceedings than a month or two later it falls past due again and the foreclosure is back on. We saw this with the restaurant that was in the space the Bayside in Wolfeboro now occupies. Once the spiral begins it almost never is stopped. My guess is the Woodshed has new owners by the springtime.
THat is true. That is what I have generally seen happen too.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog View Post
Alex Ray - Corporate??? - guess you do not know Alex - to my knowledge Common Man Group is owned by Alex and he does not answer to shareholders looking to max profits and returns.

You are correct about the sadness portion - wish present owners all the luck in the world to pull thru and continue to run Woodshed the way Lynn and Bob used to
The Common Man group is a corporation that owns numerous restaurants. They do not have an executive chef in each location, they rely on corporate chefs and well trained cooks. It is common when you get chainy- look at Legal Seafoods. It is not necessarily a bad thing, I just would like to see the Woodshed remain an independent restaurant. If I want to go to the Common Man, I can go to Ashland, Concord or one of the other 16 CM locations (and I do on occasion).
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
jmen24 (06-29-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #24
Jonas Pilot

Default Well said.

Well said VB.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #25
Hermit Cover

Default Good Food...

In the case of any restaurant "good food" is the key word. If corporate chefs and care taken to prepare well-trained cooks yields good food....they will come and they will come back. If the food is generally "less than good" and the service is poorly trained and managed any restaurant will fail.

Emeril Lagasse does't cook in every one of his restaurants but his restaurants are highly rated because the service is very well-trained and the food is top quality when it is delivered to the back door and is prepared by chefs and cooks that are trained by the master chef.

The "corporate" in Common Man isn't bad if it yields steady good service and good food. I hope the Woodshed catches on to some sort of success formula in its next life.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermit Cover For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (08-13-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
secondcurve

Quote:
The Common Man group is a corporation that owns numerous restaurants. They do not have an executive chef in each location, they rely on corporate chefs and well trained cooks. It is common when you get chainy- look at Legal Seafoods. It is not necessarily a bad thing, I just would like to see the Woodshed remain an independent restaurant. If I want to go to the Common Man, I can go to Ashland, Concord or one of the other 16 CM locations (and I do on occasion).
Legals and the Common Man may be chains but their food, service and consistencey are excellent. The Woodshed, historically a wonderful choice, appears to be struggling with quality and consistency. Given the recent foreclosure activity the picture is starting to come into focus. While I like a unique independent restaurant as much as the next guy, having one of these well run "chains" operate in the Woodshed building would likely be an excellent outcome. In my opinion, it is the unique building and location of the Woodshed that define the dining experience, not whether the restaurant is owned by an individual or a "chain".
Old 06-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
Jonas Pilot

I think it would make a great McDonalds. When is enough sameness enough?
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonas Pilot For This Useful Post:
jmen24 (06-29-2012), KPW (06-28-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
Hermit Cover

Smile McDonalds...Five Guys...Friendly's

I agree Jonas Pilot...these all offer sameness and consistency. I think it would be a shame to let a remote location and great physical plant with lots of ambience go the route of so many others...new ownership and a poorly-capitalized slide into mediocrity. You've been around the restaurants in the Lakes Region long enough obviously to have seen them come and go. It's easy to be ordinary...but hard to stay open.
Jonas Pilot (06-29-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Dinner at Woodshed

I was at the Woodshed for dinner tonight. It was a s great as it always has been!! I did not ask the staff about any closing etc.
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
laketrout

I guess I shouldnt 2nd guess buttt... Another victim of the CRAP economy. In 2005 I could not get a seat in Wolfboro or Merdith, late week, now I can stroll in and get seat in any restaurant in the area sans-- Saturday nite... Even Saturday nite is not that bad..
I promised myself I would not turn his into a political discourse.

George
laketrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #31
Hermit Cover

Default C%#* Economy?

According to the NRA...that's the National Restaurant Assoc.... the past 12 months have seen a general rise in restaurant attendance and they brag about adding at least 500,000 summer jobs in 2012. One of the better years...

The fastest growing restaurant chain, Five Guys, now has more than 1000 outlets in 40 states and Canada a few short years.... Not interested in fast food?

Ok, sit down restaurants with waiters saw an uptick of 8.7 per cent this year over last. The economy....perhaps is not the problem and sticking the economy with the problem may not be the answer. How about the food served and the service? That's not at all political...

Look back at the historical posts for each failing restaurant and you will probably see the real reasons.
JDeere (07-13-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #32
BernerGuy

Quote:
Legals and the Common Man may be chains but their food, service and consistencey are excellent. The Woodshed, historically a wonderful choice, appears to be struggling with quality and consistency. Given the recent foreclosure activity the picture is starting to come into focus. While I like a unique independent restaurant as much as the next guy, having one of these well run "chains" operate in the Woodshed building would likely be an excellent outcome. In my opinion, it is the unique building and location of the Woodshed that define the dining experience, not whether the restaurant is owned by an individual or a "chain".
I have to disagree with referring to Common Man restaurants as having food, service, and consistency at the level of excellent. I have found one or two good and the rest okay. I have yet to have a meal at the rte 104 diner that did not come out of the microwave, and service has been good and awful, never excellent. I will keep trying though. I guess microwaving everything would be consistent, but I'm thinking it is not what you meant. I would rather see another O's or Canoe go in there, but I would be happy with a resurgence of the Woodshed as well. If I had the money and a death wish, I'd open a second restaurant up herebut let's leave that to the sadists. Hoping for good news for the Woodshed.
BernerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BernerGuy For This Useful Post:
Newbiesaukee (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #33
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernerGuy View Post
If I had the money and a death wish, I'd open a second restaurant up herebut let's leave that to the sadists.
I think you meant "masochists."

Sadists run China Garden.
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #34
Old Hubbard Rd

Default On a mission to keep them open!!

Went to dinner here 2 nights in a row (Friday & Sat PM) !! I love the Woodshed. I love the atmospere. The food and service is always great too!! Very friendly staff. I hope they make it!! As you can see I am doing my part!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #35
jeffatsquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post
No auction so far today
jeffatsquam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #36
Summertm

Default Woodshed Closing

Sold at auction to the highest bidder!!!!
Summertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #37
meredith weekender

Was definitely sold this a.m., maybe a family member bought it back??? Could be like the happenings over in Laconia??? Lets wait and see.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #38
ishoot308

Default Who??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertm View Post
Sold at auction to the highest bidder!!!!
Any idea who that was??
Old 07-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #39
Summertm

Default Woodshed Closing

His name is Matt, he worked for the original owners. He has a restaurant in Portland. He plans on bringing back the original Woodshed.
Summertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #40
dutchie4

Word is that Kird and Paige are staying on and running the restaurant until Labor Day.
dutchie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #41
dutchie4

Ooops! I meant Kirk and Paige!
dutchie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #42
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Any idea who that was??
Or what they paid?

It isn't surprising that it was sold. Lots of folks have incurred too much debt and are now unable to service that debt. As I said in an earlier post, there likely would be new ownership in the not too distant future. It was a little quicker than even I thought but once the downward momentum gets underway it is tough to stop.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #43
KPW

I wish the new owners the best.
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #44
JDeere

Default New Owner!

Hip hip hooray!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #45
jamichele

Rumor has it Lyn Seley may be involved with the new ownership structure; just a rumor....
jamichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
Shore Driver

Good luck to the new owners!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #47
hopscotch

Default Not True

Jamichele, the rumor you're starting is not true
hopscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #48
VitaBene

My understanding is that the potential new owners (being successful at auction does not make them the owners, until they meet financial milestones and ultimately close the deal) own or are involved in the Muddy-Rudder Restaurant in ME. http://muddy-rudder.com

We will see how it shakes out- at a minimum Kirk and Paige will run the restaurant until the transaction is complete.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #49
secondcurve

Quote:
My understanding is that the potential new owners (being successful at auction does not make them the owners, until they meet financial milestones and ultimately close the deal) own or are involved in the Muddy-Rudder Restaurant in ME. http://muddy-rudder.com

We will see how it shakes out- at a minimum Kirk and Paige will run the restaurant until the transaction is complete.
I've been to the MR four or five times. Not bad but I wouldn't call it fine dining.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #50
Belmont Resident

Quote:
I've been to the MR four or five times. Not bad but I wouldn't call it fine dining.
Maybe that is not their intention. With this area being a seasonal thing sometimes just good food and good atmosphere do better then fine dinning.
I’d consider O’s fine dinning, we might go there once a year, the other less expensive places with ok to good food are more frequented if for nothing else cost.
Either way I hope they do well. To far for us to venture though, as was the Woodshed.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #51
lovetheforum

I have always loved the Woodshed! I wish the new owners the best and hope they keep it as the Woodshed. I am curios where everyone gets their information? It seems to be that some of these posts contradict one another.
lovetheforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
Newbiesaukee

Default That is why...

you gotta love the Forum, "lovetheforum!" Welcome.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #53
Altonbayicefishingfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertm View Post
His name is Matt, he worked for the original owners. He has a restaurant in Portland. He plans on bringing back the original Woodshed.
And prices from when my parents ate there in the 70's? I went on their website and checked out the menu....little pricey....
Altonbayicefishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #54
ChocolateGypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetheforum View Post
I have always loved the Woodshed! I wish the new owners the best and hope they keep it as the Woodshed. I am curios where everyone gets their information? It seems to be that some of these posts contradict one another.
Maybe because there is more than one "new owner?"

Just droppin' in for a bite.
ChocolateGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #55
lovetheforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool View Post
And prices from when my parents ate there in the 70's? I went on their website and checked out the menu....little pricey....
Is that from the old owners or the new ones?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #56
lovetheforum

Does any one know when the Woodshed is changing hands?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #57
Altonbayicefishingfool

Quote:
Is that from the old owners or the new ones?
Current menu on their website...
Altonbayicefishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #58
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonbayicefishingfool View Post
The Woodshed is not inexpensive but it offers a good value. I would rather pay more for good food.

I eat there weekly or more often. I wish nothing but the best for Kirk and Paige along with Asa and the rest of the awesome crew at the Woodshed
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
lovetheforum (07-31-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #59
phoenix

My son and daughter in law went this past week and werent pleased. First the waitress never went over the specials for the night. they both ordered scrod and felt it was over cooked. the vegetables were nearly raw so all in all they weren't happy at all. Don't know if the pending change in ownership is affecting this interim period as I have always enjoyed. Lets hope this was an anomoly or will get fixed when the new ownership takes over
Old 08-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #60
Heading4thelake

Default Dinner tonight

Went to nWoodshed tonight, there were 5 of us, I musy say from the wine to the salad, bread, soup, and then our entrees it was just great . Prime rib, Scallops, and others ,not one complaint. Waiter was good, can't think of anything other than great !! Finished with Denver pudding which was the icing on the pudding !!
Heading4thelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #61
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Well, I think that is part of the problem at the Woodshed. At least for me there is no consistency for the service or the food. One day we go and it is awesome. Next time we go the waitress is having a bad day or something so while the food is still good the service lacks. Next time we go the waitress is great but it takes forever to get the food, and the drinks (which are not cheap there) were not great.
It's the whole reason we stopped going there long ago.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #62
Waterbaby

Default Veggies nearly raw............

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
My son and daughter in law went this past week and werent pleased. First the waitress never went over the specials for the night. they both ordered scrod and felt it was over cooked. the vegetables were nearly raw so all in all they weren't happy at all. Don't know if the pending change in ownership is affecting this interim period as I have always enjoyed. Lets hope this was an anomoly or will get fixed when the new ownership takes over
That seems to be a trend in a lot of restaurants with veggies nearly raw...... Lately, I've eaten in NH (both north and south), MA, and RI and the veggies are always crunchy. Don't know why - If I wanted a crudite platter I would order one!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #63
lovetheforum

I went to the Woodshed tonight and they were closed. There was a sign on the door that said they would be open tomorrow. Does anyone know if the ownership has changed or is changing?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #64
bumble71

Default ??

Have you read ANY of the Woodshed thread??
bumble71 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bumble71 For This Useful Post:
hilltopper (08-22-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #65
Newbiesaukee

Actually, I've been following the whole thread and don't think that the plan was to close it in August. We were there about ten days ago and had a nice meal. I had "heard" that there is some difficulty with the financing of the purchase, but what is going on now is not clear.

I guess I assumed that "lovetheforum"was just surprised it was closed, but I do see the confusion. A little kindness wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by Newbiesaukee; 08-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
camp guy (08-22-2012), lovetheforum (08-23-2012), secondcurve (08-22-2012), Winnisquamguy (08-22-2012)
Old 08-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #66
CL 240 LS

Default Woodshed open

To clear up any confusion and doubts including my own I just called the Woodshed. They are open.
CL 240 LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #67
lovetheforum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble71 View Post
Have you read ANY of the Woodshed thread??
Bumble71, I was merely asking if that was the day it changed. I did not find any information in the thread that stated a day. I now know that the new owners took over on Monday. Thanks for your help Bumble!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #68
VitaBene

I heard that the changeover took place and they are open today. I may swing by for a visit
Old 08-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #69
bumble71

Quote:
Bumble71, I was merely asking if that was the day it changed. I did not find any information in the thread that stated a day. I now know that the new owners took over on Monday. Thanks for your help Bumble!
Don't mention it....
bumble71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #70
Jumbie98

Default Woodshed OPEN!!

Went there for dinner this evening! The new owners took over a few days ago. The service was great, the entire place looked and felt clean. The menu was the same but the food was great! Congratulations to the new owners!!!
Jumbie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jumbie98 For This Useful Post:
Old Hubbard Rd (08-23-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #71
VitaBene

I went in on Thursday evening and everything is pretty much the same. They have removed the pub menu (sandwiches, etc) and are not using the Woodshed loyalty card any longer.

All of the other familiar faces are there at the front of the house and on the front lines.

The Woodshed will have a familiar, but new life, under its new ownership.

Best of luck to them!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #72
Shore Driver

They took the website down! That will cost them a few butts in seats this holiday weekend. I called and they are open as other have verified on here. The rumor mill made its way to my wife today about them closing down. I had to call!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #73
Newbiesaukee

We went last night and the four of us had a nice meal. Had I not known there was a change I would not have known there was one ( a little "Yogi-esque).

Old 09-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #74
kauriel

Default Woodshed is no longer participating in restaurant.com

I received an email this week notifying me that The Woodshed is no longer participating in Restaurant.com. They sent me a link to exchange my certificate for another restaurant.

I had a feeling it might happen with ownership changes but was hoping it would hold off until we were able to try the woodshed!
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #75
Five Mile

Wink Woodshed

Fact, not rumor. There are 4 owners. 3 of the 4 have worked at the Woodshed in the past. Matt (one of the new owners) has revealed that the new Woodshed website is now under construction and there will be loyalty cards coming back. All of the same people are still working there so no one has become unemployed. Oh, and as far as the raw veggies go, all you need to do is tell them how you want your veggies cooked. We have eaten there so may times that they just automatically do it.
Five Mile is offline   Reply With Quote