Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Union Diner/Sunrise Cafe

NHEscape treated me to lunch with a gift certificate that she won at the 2010 Forumfest. The Union Diner and the Sunrise Cafe are both owned by a delightful women named Rose. Even though the certificate was for the Sunrise Cafe we were allowed to use it at the Union Diner. We made sure that we saw Rose so we could thank her so much for donating to the Meredith Food Pantry by way of the forum. She was very glad that we spoke with her. I think it is so important to thank the restaurants for their donation. The food and service was delicious. Their prices are very reasonable. If you haven't been their I would suggest you check it out. An added plus is that they serve breakfast all day.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (10-31-2010), eillac@dow (10-30-2010), jkjoshuatree (10-31-2010), LuvWinni (10-31-2010), Redwing (11-01-2010)
Old 11-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default Location?

GBG, Where is the restaurant located? Wish I could have been with you and NHEscape this past weekend.... sounds like you had a terrific meal! Any snow up there yet? Redwing
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
RI Swamp Yankee

This link has one review and some pictures.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/union-diner-laconia
Redwing (11-02-2010)
Old 07-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
gslpro

Default Mmm mmm Good

I was surprised that I had to search to find a posting on the Union Diner. We found it a few weeks ago, and have eaten there several times since. Friendliness abounds, and good solid tasty food is what you will get. Make sure you meet Rose, she is a wonderful lady. You can find her by her equally wonderful laugh.

The food is almost all homemade. All of the bake goods and desserts are made by Rose's friends from scratch. The products are local when possible. Rose seems to love her place, and wants everything to be as good as it can be. I respect her for that, especially in this economy. So, to thank her for the good meals and experiences we have had recently, and many more to come, I decided to make it a point to post a message here. Give her a try and make sure you say Hello to her, I really think she gets a kick out of it.

Gary and Diane
290 Fiesta Vee "Nauti Bonnie"
gslpro is offline   Reply With Quote