Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
CanisLupusArctos

Default What happened while I was away?

For the first time since 2006 I actually traveled away to another part of the country... helped a friend move to Florida from Utah. He paid my way (thus making it financially possible)... it was a much-needed breakaway from 'the usual'... and I was away from Feb. 3 until March 7.

Now I'm curious, what was the snowfall around the lake while I was gone? I heard I didn't miss much.
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Jonas Pilot

No wonder the winter was so wimpy. You were off galavanting!
It was pretty boring. Easy on the wallet though.
Wolfeboro 9" between the 1rst & 2nd March.
Add another 2-4 inches for 3 or 4 little systems.
Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
trfour

Thumbs up What A Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos View Post
For the first time since 2006 I actually traveled away to another part of the country... helped a friend move to Florida from Utah. He paid my way (thus making it financially possible)... it was a much-needed breakaway from 'the usual'... and I was away from Feb. 3 until March 7.

Now I'm curious, what was the snowfall around the lake while I was gone? I heard I didn't miss much.
Those of us whom really know you understand how you have an un'CanisLupusArctos way of knowing just when you can take some time off! ...
And yes, it was a very un'CanisLupusArctos winter here without you!!
Although, it was good to see that you enjoyed some long deserved time for you!

Now, the next time you should feel the urge to go out into the outback, here's a link to a highly recommended website that will keep you informed of the weather here at the Lake 24-7. ten-four?
http://www.blackcatnh.com/

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
CanisLupusArctos

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Ohhh myyyyy.

Good reply. Good reply.

In all seriousness, I even refused to look at the WeatherCam while on the road. My friend had a laptop that he offered me to use but I resisted the urge... no email, no facebook, no weathercam... I figured if it went down or had some kind of problem, I didn't want to log in and find out about it since there wouldn't be much I could do. But thankfully it didn't!

For the first couple weeks I didn't even watch the Weather Channel since I didn't even want to know if it was storming back home... I stuck to local stations whereever I was! Finally I caved in when the big tornado outbreak happened across several states and the Weather Channel became the best coverage.

But I am glad to know there was only (one???) snowstorm while I was on vacation. How much fell in the Meredith area?
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #5
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanisLupusArctos View Post
But I am glad to know there was only (one???) snowstorm while I was on vacation. How much fell in the Meredith area?
I would guess that in the time period you were gone we got about a foot of snow in the Meredtih area but we never (the entire season) had a foot of snow on the ground.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
corollaman

Not a whole lot! It was a pretty easy winter, from my perspective. My heating bills were alot lower, and I didn't have to bust my back shoveling, and it was easy driving. The only bad part is I spent $400 on snow tires I hardly needed. I'll have those for next year though, I already had the tires changed back to the all-seasons.
corollaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
no-engine

Well now that Weirs roundabout construction started, there is debate about ILHS graduation ceremonies. Today's Laconia Sun front page story.

Been several years at Meadowbrook. They are debating the date, at this late time frame! Could be during annual bike week! My question is what if grandparents, aunts/uncles, and other relatives are trying to make travel plans? The various players must plan farther in advance!

Site consideration is also for Sandwich Fair grounds, since the town is part of the district! Some graduates do reside in Sandwich!

Seems every year IL Board is "fighting" with bike week issues.....

And now the roundabout....
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 PM   #8
trfour

Default WOW! I Came Close To Getting A Free Ride

Up Up and away, up to the Lake today, without even having to buy a ticket or go through an airport security check point!!

If I had my druthers, although I Doo visit most every day via Winnipesaukee.com as a former full time 365-24-7 Winnipesaukee'in, and, as you could imagine I'm getting a ton of alarms from my spell checker too at this point. Now, only related through me is a look at the Tornado experiences from here in the Dallas / Fort Worth today.

Spookie colored skies around these parts today!! The tornado siren's started barking in my area at around 1:20 PM central time. It sounded like everyone in the State was testing their siren's all to once until I turned on the tv news. WOW! I never saw Doppler Radar screen shots look so mean!

Before the storm font left the Dallas/Fort Worth area late this afternoon, off to the east, 5 Counties were hit by up 12 tornado's! They say that they won't know the final number until they can get out there a survey over the next day or so.

Thank God, so far there has been no serious injuries or death reported!

http://www.wmur.com/video/30829949/detail.html

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote