Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #1
coley

Default And what a week it was.......

Just got back to reality after my 16th annual one week trip to Wolfeboro-after a drenching rain last Saturday, the weather was nothing short of spectacular the rest of the week. A couple of observations-cetainly less boat traffic. And secondly, a couple of days after the rain, Jockey Cove on the surface looked like someone had emptied their leaf bags on it--a lot of "tree stuff" all on top of the water-is this storm runoff?? Cleared up a day later. Assisted three young woman off of Welch Island one afternoon after their boat had a small fire and was disabled. Brought the three girls and their dog on our boat until Marine Patrol and Sea Tow arrived-we were in the right place at the right time to help.

The lake is certainly a special place and it is getting harder to leave each year-but there is comfort in knowing it is only 363 days until me, the wife, three kids, two cars, and a dog head north to Goodhue Hawkins to pick up the rental boat and turn to corner into Jockey Cove to unload in heaven....
coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:26 AM   #2
HomeWood

I know the feeling of the count down until the next trip up. I am already planning the dates for my derby trip in February. My grandmother had open heart surgery a few weeks ago and I may come up this summer when she goes home with my grandpa to help them out for a while. I'm happy to hear you had a nice vacation.
HomeWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
Rinkerfam

Thanks for your post Coley. There are many a Monday morning during the summer months that I spend time feeling sorry for myself. After at least one day per weekend at the lake, if not two, I find it hard to transition into the weekly grind. Your post makes me realize how lucky I am. If you can be so cheerful spending only 7 days a year at the lake, who am I to complain about spending at least three times as as many days there myself. Again, thanks for the reality check!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Weirs guy

Thanks to the 3 of you, its alway nice to be reminded how lucky my family and I are to live here all the time. Its funny how living here slows down trips to other places like the ocean or mountains.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote