Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2005, 10:18 AM   #1
feb

Default Water Filter Media/Supplies

Can anyone recommend a place where I can buy some "birm" (sp?)? I have a water treatment tank that had some type of aggregate in it to help remove the iron from my water. I'd like to replace this media and it appears easy to do. Except I don't know where I can find it. Many of the water filtration companies don't really have storefronts so I just can't walk into their business and buy some. I was wondering if any of the local hardware stores around the lake may carry something like this.
feb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
spotsink

Exclamation Advance Pump & Filter

We have used Advance Pump & Filter in Lee (603-749-3868) for our water systems at home. (we do not have on at the lake...) and they have always been very helpful. To get answers to your questions, they would be a good place to start.
spotsink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
codeman671

I agree with Spotsink, Advanced Pump and Filter is great to deal with. They are located on route 125. Coincidentily the owner lives 4 houses down from me here on the seacoast. When I had questions/problems with my system he came out personally, I had never even met him before.

Epping Well and Pump is good too, they are also on 125. Often times some of the large home supply stores such as Lowe's or Home Depot carry this type of product as well. Comac Well and Pump is located in Meredith and Plaistow, a friend of mine used them for well work and had a decent experience.
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
camp guy

Default Water filter supplies

I would caution about changing the filter media yourself. Some filter systems have easily accessed and changed media, but others require more skill. Without insulting your personal skill level, I would just say that if you screw it up you will have a problem with your system and not be happy. Using a professional may be the wisest choice.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote