Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #1
SIKSUKR

Default PWC reviews

Does anyone have any good sites for pwc reviews?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Does anyone have any good sites for pwc reviews?

boattest.com does PWC reviews, watercraft world I believe has them there as well.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #3
Seadoo

the seadoo rxt is awsome!! VERY FASST.
three seater so it is classified as a boat. Some PWC are "tippy" but this one feels as big as a boat. got mine up to 70mph last summer. and awesome boat.

all the seadoo pwc are awsome but the rxt is my favorite

Last edited by Seadoo; 06-18-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Seadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

I had already checked Boatest and Watercraft world for reviews and did not find much info.I currently have a Yamaha xl1200 that I've owned new for 5 years and it's been flawless and I'm looking to buy a big 4-stroke.I've narrowed it down between the new Yamaha fx cruiser and a couple of the Seadoo models.Just looking to read reviews on the GTX and Rxp.The only review I read on one of the Seadoo's was not good.This guy had many problems and was not getting any satisfaction from Bombardier.Thanks for any help.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #5
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking PWC Reviews

Jetski News might be helpful to you. Good luck!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2006, 09:25 AM   #6
ITD

Quote:
I had already checked Boatest and Watercraft world for reviews and did not find much info.I currently have a Yamaha xl1200 that I've owned new for 5 years and it's been flawless and I'm looking to buy a big 4-stroke.I've narrowed it down between the new Yamaha fx cruiser and a couple of the Seadoo models.Just looking to read reviews on the GTX and Rxp.The only review I read on one of the Seadoo's was not good.This guy had many problems and was not getting any satisfaction from Bombardier.Thanks for any help.
SS,

I have a Seadoo 3 seater supercharged that runs great, the only complaint I have about it is that it is a wet ride. Spray from waves splash over the front soaking the driver unless you travel at high speeds. Cruising around wet in cool weather is not fun. I also have a Seadoo RFI (different hull, much lighter) that is very dry, I don't get wet unless I want to. I would test drive before I bought and make sure you try them in rough water.
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
ossipeeboater

Quote:

The magazine test all rank the Sea DOo way up there and those I know with them have no issues, I get all the boat and watercraft mags but not all publish thier reviews online but all liek the RXT. I have both an FX140 and a Sea Doo GTX which is the same hulls as what your looking at. I like the steering on the Yamaha and the finger throttle better but the seat is too wide and rubs the side of my legs. I typically run the Yammie because my daughter fits behind me better on it than the Doo. I actually want something with less of a solid feeling so I'm thinking about a Honda F12 or a Sea-Doo GTI whose hulls are designed to have some fun on and spin out rather than go in a straight line but being on a small lake I'm not out there cruisng for long amounts of time.

PersonallyI'm happy with both but I'd find someone with an FX and a GTX or RXT(both the same hulls) and take them for a spin to decide which ergonomics and ride works for you. I'd let you take mine for a spin back to back to see but I'm on Ossipee not Winnie.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #8
SIKSUKR

Thanks for the feedback you guys.Myself,I prefer a big beefy monster with a solid feel.I am 6'3" and 250 lbs and ride only on Winni so I prefer a real sturdy bombproof ride.As I said before,the XL 1200 has not had 1 thing wrong with it and it feels real solid in the big water of Winni.By the way,if anyone is interested in buying it,its for sale.It has 102 hours,is in great shape,and has always run flawless.I'll see what price I should ask for it and post it in the classifieds.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #9
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback you guys.Myself,I prefer a big beefy monster with a solid feel.I am 6'3" and 250 lbs and ride only on Winni so I prefer a real sturdy bombproof ride.As I said before,the XL 1200 has not had 1 thing wrong with it and it feels real solid in the big water of Winni.By the way,if anyone is interested in buying it,its for sale.It has 102 hours,is in great shape,and has always run flawless.I'll see what price I should ask for it and post it in the classifieds.

102 hours that's barely broken in. If you decide to go Seadoo give Chuck at DaSilva's a shot at the deal, price is usually good and service is excellent. I sunk one last year dropped off in the morning when they were closed and by the time I called him at 9:30 it was already in the shop being taken care of. My dealer I bought my sleds from wouldn't have even considered taking the initiative to see what was wrong with it which is why all my stuff goes to Chucks now.