Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
secondcurve

Default No Wake Communication

There has been a substantial amount of heated debate about the emergency 600 foot no wake zone over the past several weeks. During this time, I have noticed that communication by the authorities has been sparse, if not non-existent. My marina workers have never mentioned it once. In addition, on Sunday I stopped by another local marina for gas and was told the 600 NWZ was over. If these folks don't know the rules, how is the average boater to know?

I have a suggestion. Maybe a Winnipesaukee Forum Representative could contact the state and volunteer to be an official posting site for whatever emergency information is applicable? This forum has been cited by the local media as a source of information, so the visability is certainly increasing. Maybe we could even get a donation from the state for this service? All right, the last thought is probably out there but there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

My final thought/question: I am going boating on Wednesday. Is the emergency 600ft NWZ still in place?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
Airwaves

The ONLY reason I knew that the 600' NWZ was still in effect was during the week a boater hailed the MP on VHF 16 and asked.

I never heard the Marine Patrol do any announcements on VHF to inform boaters who carry VHF. Something they might want to consider doing now and again assuming they are serious about enforcing the regulation.
Airwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #3
jrc

My marina had the NWZ press release posted on the bath house door and at the gas dock. I had the VHF on every time I went out and people were frequently asking "Mighty Moe" for the rules.

I keep checking here http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/ss/index.html to see when it will be rescinded.

I expected today 6/19 but obviously I'm wrong.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote