Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #1
kayleigh

Default Sailing

I'm looking for a place on Winnipesaukee that rents sunfish sailboats. I'm having a hard time finding one to rent. I would like to take my son sailing but I cannot find anyone to rent 1. So if any of you know of a place that rents these small vessels or have one in mind is for sale ends is she worth it. Please let me know thank you all so much in advance
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
fatlazyless

www.wildmeadowcanoes.com in Center Harbor, right on the lake there from behind their store, may have a small sailboat rental sort of similar to a Sunfish.

www.ekalactivitycenter.com in Meredith on Meredith Bay is another maybe go-to place for a sailboat rental like a Sunfish.

Wolfeboro is basically a foreign country coming all the way from Meredith, so's I have no clue about Wolfeboro.

Maybe www.faysboatyard.com in Gilford does Sunfish rentals? Fay's is big into sailboats?

Could be that www.squamlakes.org in Holderness, on Big Squam, is the best sailing rental venue around because, for its location-scenery-education-commitment-safety-enthusiasm, and their website in recreation/rentals says $50 for a half day sailboat.

Too bad for Lake Winnipesaukee sailers but the State of NH community sailing center proposed for www.nhstateparks.com/ellacoya.html, the state beach area in Gilford, about two years ago was given the big red light by the State of NH. The state just said "no."

The www.lwsa.org has moved out of Fays and now has a new home somewhere not too far from Fay's in Smith Cove, Gilford.

Meredith Bay Sailing.org ......no longer sailing.....have no clue.....what happened to the Meredith Bay Sailing program? If only Harley Davidson made sailboats, and the boats made a lot of noise, then they would be very popular here.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 07-30-2014 at 11:35 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote