Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default The Joy Of Boating In The Fall

Today was such a great day to take the Seadoo out. I left Green's Basin and traveled through the Graveyard. I then went through the Hole In The Wall and by Sandy Island. I continued around Long Island and under the bridge. After going to Nineteen Mile Bay I then headed back to Green's Basin. I passed 12 boats and only one was a bonehead. He cut me of even though I had the right of way. The lake temperature fluctuated between 68 and 71 degrees F. After returning I kayaked for an hour and a half. We have to make the most of these warm days as we all know what's ahead. At least daylight's saving time isn't until November 7th.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
Lucky1 (10-01-2010)
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #2
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Today was such a great day to take the Seadoo out. I left Green's Basin and traveled through the Graveyard. I then went through the Hole In The Wall and by Sandy Island. I continued around Long Island and under the bridge. After going to Nineteen Mile Bay I then headed back to Green's Basin. I passed 12 boats and only one was a bonehead. He cut me of even though I had the right of way. The lake temperature fluctuated between 68 and 71 degrees F. After returning I kayaked for an hour and a half. We have to make the most of these warm days as we all know what's ahead. At least daylight's saving time isn't until November 7th.
Sounds like a nice trip with one excepetion. I have business trips coming up and I'm pretty certain that my boating is done for the season, sad to say. Going to miss it.

I'm pretty sure we're in daylight savings time now and that it goes away on 11-7.

The only nice thing about going back to normal time is that the extra hour of sunlight in the AM warms things up enough to extend my motorcycle season a few weeks. Also, becuase it's so dark in the PM, I often see Christmas lights while riding my bike home from work at the tail end of riding season and for some reason I can't explain, that makes me feel good.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Thumbs up Yesterday...

...I also enjoyed the lake. After spending a day at work and not really enjoying it at all, including having to stay late because another employee called out for the umpteenth time, I headed home with the sun beating into the car. As I rounded the curve at Parker's and saw how smooth the lake was, I didn't even stop to check mail. Into the house, give the cats their treats, change clothes and back down to Parker's to the boat. Time to unsnap the boat cover: 5 min. Time to cover the boat up when done: 10 min. Time spent cruisin' on our beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee: 45+ mins and priceless.
I went out Alton Bay, weaved around the fishing boats at the end of the bay, headed west past West Alton, out between Diamond and Rattlesnake, across the broads to near the opening into Winter Harbor, over to Chestnut Cove, back into Alton Bay, and back to the dock.
I was in shirt sleeves and jeans, comfortable, and totally peaceful out there. Hardly a ripple on the water, except in the broads where there was just a hint of wind putting a little ripple on the water.
Once up on plane, never touched the throttle until I was approaching the bandstand back at Alton Bay.
Won't be many more days like that. Man, do I love living at the lake.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
jayp603

Default beautifull day

took the kids out of school to go tubing.
pulling up to the office w/ boat in tow, priceless!
jayp603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Knockers

Default Upthesaukee

...You hit the nail on the head! I had just finished putting the covers on, hanging out on the dock not wanting to leave, when you went by yesterday. I took a very similar route with a little detour into Robert's Cove which I must advise that after the third red & white my depth gauge started bouncing between 4 and 6 feet. A little lower then I expected! I looked back and forth at my chart and the scars on the rocks below me a few times and figured it was time to about-face and come back in the spring. It was still a beautiful day to be on the lake yesterday considering it's overcast,60's and raining today. I'm waiting for the foliage run, mother nature willing.
Knockers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
jrc

Looks like another good weekend coming. I just might try and get a dock in Meredith for the Chowdafest. Or maybe make my first trip to the Center Harbor docks this year and visit Sam and Rosie or Red Hill Dari.

Only a few weeks left for me, I have to make the best of them.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
nrain35

Sounds awsome, the next time I'm going up is columbus day weekend for one of the last times. Last time I was up there it was as smooth as glass and the fishing was awsome for bass and salmon
nrain35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:49 AM   #8
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Wish I had been there! May get there tomorrow as it is to be sunny though not as warm. Have a couple of things left to do.

Is a Seadoo the one that is almost like a ski bottom? Part bike looking? I am trying to remember. I know it is different from a jetski. Think I will look it up on Google.

Had a great tour two weeks ago and wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. I really miss the lake almost before I get out of my driveway. Hopefully can get to New England year round and just take a break now and then to the sun in winter.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #9
BenLasher

Default Is there a foliage run today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers View Post
...You hit the nail on the head! I had just finished putting the covers on, hanging out on the dock not wanting to leave, when you went by yesterday. I took a very similar route with a little detour into Robert's Cove which I must advise that after the third red & white my depth gauge started bouncing between 4 and 6 feet. A little lower then I expected! I looked back and forth at my chart and the scars on the rocks below me a few times and figured it was time to about-face and come back in the spring. It was still a beautiful day to be on the lake yesterday considering it's overcast,60's and raining today. I'm waiting for the foliage run, mother nature willing.
Anyone have details on the "Foliage Run"? When? Where?
BenLasher is offline   Reply With Quote