Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Pineedles

Default Dogs on Winnipesaukee

Ok, the dishes are done and I am not bored, but I had an idea... I know some of you are saying what now Pineedles? Well if the Winnipesaukee.com server can stand it, how about a thread where we can post pictures of our dogs on Winnipsaukee? The rules are that your dog (sorry, no cats unless they are immersed in water and don't look P'd off) must be in or above the water line in some fashion. But the caveat is, that does not include pictures of them in boats (in most cases). So, on the dock is OK, swinging on a rope swing into the water is OK, parachuting from a helicopter into the water is OK, on the gunnels riding in an 18' Wellcraft is not, although I would ask that the moderator to give some leniency in this category; Particularly if the pooch is captaining boats above 20'. Let the posting begin.

I love this place!!!
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,135 Times in 889 Posts
Default No Dogs Please!

I've got neighbors that have dogs that bark all the time. On one side it is a big dog that thinks he has to bark loud every time I am out in the yard or drive in or out.

On the other side are neighbors that have a yippy little dog that barks at all hours of the day or night. One night they came home in their boat at 11:00PM and the dog barked for 15 minutes straight. I finally walked out on the front deck and said "Could you do something about the dog please" They replied "Go back inside and watch TV. The dog is barking because he is happy to see us, that's what dogs do" Ignorant!

I don't know weather to start calling the police or get a loudspeaker aimed at their house and play recorded dog barking every morning at 3:00AM until they get it.

Sorry, but the fewer dogs there are at the lake (at least in my neighborhood) the happier I will be.

And before you ask the question, I have never done anything, in any way, that impacted the peace and tranquility of my neighbors. I should not have to listen to their dog bark at any time. If I honked the horn on my car the amount of times and at the odd hours their dogs barked would they find that acceptable? I think not.

A little mutual respect for your neighbors would go a long way.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Lakegeezer

Default Barking dog alarm

A barking dog alarms might work for your barking problem. They use a sonic tone to get the dog's attention. While they work on automatic, I've had better luck when using them on manual. When the dog barks, you turn it on and vary the pitch. They stop - you stop. They start - you start again. It takes a while to train them, but eventually they get the picture. Good luck.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
Pineedles

Default Thanks Lakegeezer

I didn't think this thread would start an uproar of people who are bothered by dogs. But thank you for trying to help TiltonBB. I too use a sonic device to "help" my dogs see teh err of their way when they bark unappropriately.

Here's a pic of one of my babies, her name is Reilly and she is 2 years old, she loves her brother (my 23 yeard old human son) more than anything.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
jetskier

Talking Cats Unite!

I just want to let you know that our cats are very upset regarding this thread. They feel that a thread that exclusively focuses on dogs is inappropriate on this forum and they are considering posting nasty remarks about all the local restaurants until this injustice is rectified.

I have tried to reason with them, however, they are threatening to walk across my keyboard and the last time that they did that it took me about an hour to fix my network connections and system settings. Frankly, I think that they are serious and urge the forum to consider this threat seriously.

As I write this one is sleeping next to my laptop, but I suspect that he is aware of my every move.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post:
kauriel (08-27-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
sa meredith

Default floatation

If Reilly is indeed about to drive that Jet Ski, where is her pfd????
...and cats "immersed" in water? That's not very nice.
Finnegan would not want to read that.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
Pineedles

Default OK,OK, I give up

Alright let's see fluffy, and paws, and Finnegan. I had two calicos years ago; spike and jones and they were really cute, so bring on the pictures. BTW, reilly's to young to operate the PWC she's only 2 years old and she didn't pass the on-line boater safety course. She's a wizard a jumping up on the keyboard but got too many wrong answers.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:06 PM   #8
chipj29

Here is a pic of the 3 dalmatians that I live with. This pic is about 3 years old. Carrie is on the right, she is 7 now. Ace, who is 5 is in the middle. And Pirate (who is also in my avatar) is on the left. He is 3, and is a lot bigger now. He is the ruler of this roost.

We also have 3 cats, but I don't have any pictures of them. Actually, one of my cats (my baby Boo Boo) has been missing since last night. So we might be down to 2 cats, much to my dismay. We are holding out hope, but she has never been gone overnight before.
Anyway, we also have Marshmellow, who is a large white fluffy kitty, and is around 8 or 9 years old. We took him in as a stray, so we don't know exactly how old he is. And we adopted a kitty a couple months ago, she is not officially named yet. I call her Kwinny (KWNN-kitty with no name). She is a ball of fire!!
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
Pineedles

Default Wonderful picture

I hope you find Boo Boo. I lost a real cutie (paws) to a coyote many years ago while I heard it happen. I'm sure yours is just day trippin for a few days.

What a picture! I already have my favorite. Pirate! Plus I see they are all wearing their border collars. What a wonderful invention.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:21 AM   #10
Grant

How about dogs in the Lake? Reilly and Lucy in August...
Attached Images

Last edited by Grant; 09-01-2008 at 07:50 AM. Reason: photos disappeared...
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grant For This Useful Post:
Frosty (03-30-2014)
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Lucky thing you changed your mind on the cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
Alright let's see fluffy, and paws, and Finnegan. I had two calicos years ago; spike and jones and they were really cute, so bring on the pictures. BTW, reilly's to young to operate the PWC she's only 2 years old and she didn't pass the on-line boater safety course. She's a wizard a jumping up on the keyboard but got too many wrong answers.
You should have seen this reaction to the no cats rule.

Lucky for you we kept all 8 of our cats away from your first post.

And no, I'm not going to post pics of all eight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUtqEI9bZiw
Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
Pineedles

Default Wonderful!

Grant,
Reilly and Lucy are adorable! Having two is always hilarious. I'm sure you find yourself in stitches when they entertain themselves. My two yellow labs have given me plenty of good laughs.

SteveA,

The Youtube movie was great! I had a Xerox repairman try to repair my office copier wiht the same dedication as that cat.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #13
HUH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I've got neighbors that have dogs that bark all the time. On one side it is a big dog that thinks he has to bark loud every time I am out in the yard or drive in or out.

On the other side are neighbors that have a yippy little dog that barks at all hours of the day or night. One night they came home in their boat at 11:00PM and the dog barked for 15 minutes straight. I finally walked out on the front deck and said "Could you do something about the dog please" They replied "Go back inside and watch TV. The dog is barking because he is happy to see us, that's what dogs do" Ignorant!

I don't know weather to start calling the police or get a loudspeaker aimed at their house and play recorded dog barking every morning at 3:00AM until they get it.

Sorry, but the fewer dogs there are at the lake (at least in my neighborhood) the happier I will be.

And before you ask the question, I have never done anything, in any way, that impacted the peace and tranquility of my neighbors. I should not have to listen to their dog bark at any time. If I honked the horn on my car the amount of times and at the odd hours their dogs barked would they find that acceptable? I think not.

A little mutual respect for your neighbors would go a long way.
Sorry to bring the thread down but we have dog issues here as well. Barking almost constantly.. The little yippy ones realy get me. How can someone sit at the lake with a dog barking non stop and find it tranquil?
Respect seems to be a thing of the past as more people are showing up with dogs.. running through yards and pooping all over the place
"Ignorance is Bliss"
HUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #14
ironhorsetim

Red face not the dogs,the owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUH View Post
Sorry to bring the thread down but we have dog issues here as well. Barking almost constantly.. The little yippy ones realy get me. How can someone sit at the lake with a dog barking non stop and find it tranquil?
Respect seems to be a thing of the past as more people are showing up with dogs.. running through yards and pooping all over the place
"Ignorance is Bliss"
Attachment 2051 This is Cooper he's five and loves to swim.

There's no such thing as a bad dog
Only bad dog owners

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway

Last edited by ironhorsetim; 05-26-2009 at 09:42 AM.
ironhorsetim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ironhorsetim For This Useful Post:
wynndog (07-06-2015)
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #15
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUH View Post
"Ignorance is Bliss"
The problem you cite is not a dog problem, but a people problem -- just like loud boats, loud music, camp loudspeakers, motorcycles, etc. Did I mention loud boats? All these can be controlled by their owners (well, maybe not the boats so much).

We have two dogs, and usually have three at the house. They don't bark, they are kept on-leash when off our property, and I am the only one who sees their poop. Barking dogs are an owner issue. Address the owners, address the issue.

I think my dogs enjoy the Lake as much as humans!
Attached Images

wynndog (10-30-2013)
Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
Pineedles

Default Well said Grant

I won't say anything against the people who are posting comments that I didn't intend to solicit with this thread, as it is important for we who have canine and feline guests in our home to respect the rights of our neighbors. Hopefully all who read this thread who love their cats and dogs do as Grant, SteveA, Chipj29, jetskier, sa mersdith, lakegeezer, and I'm sure many more try to do, which is to be good neighbors.

Huh and TiltonBB, you should speak to your inconsiderate neighbors.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #17
wishiwasthere

Default great thread Pineedles!

I will try find my pics of my dogs that both passed away last summer. The "yippie" rat terrier, although rare for the breed, loved the water, as long as there was a ball thrown off the dock, or into the water, she would swim forever. She would also ride in the cockpit of the kayak with me, and then venture out on the front of it and enjoy the ride. Had to scoop her out a few times! My shepard/golden tried to "save" me and my 3 yr old son, one time on a tube. She jumped off a rock and headed out to us. Luckily, she was intercepted by my hubby, or we would have been deflated and gone down. I miss these dogs, and although the yipping can be annoying, I learned this summer that she really kept the squirells and chipmunks out of our yard at home. The critters have taken over!! I just know my dogs loved the lake, and didn't bark at night or at neighbors. My cat on the other hand would probably have stripped the area of all small living creatures,and maybe not so small, so he stays home! Sorry to the kitty's!
Keep the pics coming, love them all!!!
wishiwasthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #18
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
We also have 3 cats, but I don't have any pictures of them. Actually, one of my cats (my baby Boo Boo) has been missing since last night. So we might be down to 2 cats, much to my dismay. We are holding out hope, but she has never been gone overnight before.
Quote:
I hope you find Boo Boo. I lost a real cutie (paws) to a coyote many years ago while I heard it happen. I'm sure yours is just day trippin for a few days.

What a picture! I already have my favorite. Pirate! Plus I see they are all wearing their border collars. What a wonderful invention.
Thanks Pineedles. We have lost other cats to coyotes, and I heard one of them getting picked off. Was not fun. This one hurt a lot, as we have had Boo Boo for several years, and she has come to be my baby kitty.

And wouldn't you know!! As I typed this while watching the start of the Sox game, I thought I heard a meow. I jumped up and low and behold, there is Boo Boo at the front door! She has never been gone overnight once, nevermind two nights. I brought her inside and gave her a big hug. My guess is that she got trapped in someones garage or something. I don't know, but she wouldn't stay out on her own.

Anyway, a big sigh of relief for me.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Pineedles

Default Beyond Words

Chipj29,

As SteveA and others that went to FF06 can attest, I am 6' 6" 260 lbs. They can't attest to the fact that I am not a touch typist, but I can tell you that I am having a had time seeing the keys to type my joy that Boo Boo is back with you.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
chipj29

Quote:
Chipj29,

As SteveA and others that went to FF06 can attest, I am 6' 6" 260 lbs. They can't attest to the fact that I am not a touch typist, but I can tell you that I am having a had time seeing the keys to type my joy that Boo Boo is back with you.
Thanks!
I am going to start a new topic on a related subject, as this thread is supposed to be about dogs. Sorry to bring it off-track.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:32 AM   #21
HUH

Default Dog Days

We love dogs here and cats too. I posted my comments here so that maybe one dog owner or perspective dog owner might consider the implications.
Attached Images

HUH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HUH For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (07-28-2015)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #22
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Lenya-our miniature dachshund

Photobucket
Old 09-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #23
liberator211

Clifford loves the lake, boat and all those sticks on the island.
Attached Images

liberator211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #24
COWISLAND NH

Marlee-N-Martha luv going to Cow every weekend!
Attached Images

COWISLAND NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Love the old "white faces"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
The problem you cite is not a dog problem, but a people problem -- just like loud boats, loud music, camp loudspeakers, motorcycles, etc. Did I mention loud boats? All these can be controlled by their owners (well, maybe not the boats so much).

We have two dogs, and usually have three at the house. They don't bark, they are kept on-leash when off our property, and I am the only one who sees their poop. Barking dogs are an owner issue. Address the owners, address the issue.

I think my dogs enjoy the Lake as much as humans!
We have become "cat people" but no pets have ever beat our Goldens. They are both sadly gone for many years. No better breed IMHO.

Someone once told me that living with a Golden was like living with an idiot relative.. (no insult to anyones relatives! )

My favorite Golden story comes from a friend of my Dad. Frank and his wife where getting ready to go out for the evening, and husband Frank was assigned to go out and find "Walter" their Golden. Old Walter was always off visiting the neighbors. As Frank drove around in the pouring rain looking for Walter, he finally spotted him on a neighbors front porch. He rolled down the window and called Walter into the car. Walter jumped into the back seat. When he got home, he found his "Walter" already on his front porch.. and had to return the other Golden to his home. Long story, but anyone that has or has had a Golden will "get it".
Old 09-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #26
Waterbaby

Default I'd rather have a Golden -- or a Walter, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
We have become "cat people" but no pets have ever beat our Goldens. They are both sadly gone for many years. No better breed IMHO.

Someone once told me that living with a Golden was like living with an idiot relative.. (no insult to anyones relatives! )

My favorite Golden story comes from a friend of my Dad. Frank and his wife where getting ready to go out for the evening, and husband Frank was assigned to go out and find "Walter" their Golden. Old Walter was always off visiting the neighbors. As Frank drove around in the pouring rain looking for Walter, he finally spotted him on a neighbors front porch. He rolled down the window and called Walter into the car. Walter jumped into the back seat. When he got home, he found his "Walter" already on his front porch.. and had to return the other Golden to his home. Long story, but anyone that has or has had a Golden will "get it".
See title above, I'd rather have a Golden than some of my relatives... cause they sure can be idiots!

AND............... the story about Frank and Walter is a riot........ and I always think the name of the man in On Golden Pond was Walter so I found that even funnier! (I know, I know, his name was Norman................so sue me! )

TY, Steve A, your post just tickled my funny bone -- on a night when I especially needed it!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
joann721

Default Not your average boat dog..

Name:  Eusi1D+pVTn1bSiq70b+gwvB-Wzd8M-x01E0.jpg
Views: 12137
Size:  29.2 KB

My Hollie Bear is not the typical dog you see on the lake. Pekingese are not known for their swimming ability. To be honest the only time she has been in the lake is when she walked off the end of the swim platform not realizing it was water. Since then she has been completely content to sit on the bow seat or the Captains chair and "watch"

Frustration is trying to find my glasses without my glasses.
joann721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #28
Pineedles

Default Poor Holly Bear

She looks pretty confident with her PFD on though.
Keep the pictures coming! They all look wonderful!
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
GrandmaBig6

Default Dixie's summer vacation

Hope I did this right...

Dixie (she was 15 when she passed) but she loved the water. This picture was taken when she was 14 and her hips were getting bad so she needed a little help from a life jacket.
Attached Images

GrandmaBig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #30
Argie's Wife

Where do you get the doggy PFDs?
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #31
Pineedles

Default You did it exactly right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandmaBig6 View Post
Hope I did this right...

Dixie (she was 15 when she passed) but she loved the water. This picture was taken when she was 14 and her hips were getting bad so she needed a little help from a life jacket.
Dixie looks like a shepard? I have always loved that breed and never had one. Perhaps someday.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #32
GrandmaBig6

Yes you are correct. She was a GS. Loved my husband followed him all over. Our new dog, Tess, see avitar, loves me and follows me everywhere.

We haven't got Tess in the water yet, but we were told she was part GS, part Golden and a little Collie.

We ordered the life jacked thru a website on the web although I don't remember the name.

Thanks for starting this thread. I am an animal lover!!!

Mary
GrandmaBig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
Franl's Girl

Default First Post! :)

I've been lurking around for a while but I just had to comment on this thread! I just love looking at the pictures of everyone's dogs & cats! How about a "Dogs of the Lake" calendar?

Mary
Franl's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #34
IslandSib

Default Doggie PFD's

I got a lab this past winter who should have a sign hanging around his neck "got water". But, I was listening to people who told me that sometimes they just dont know when to quit and when they get older they need help....So when I was at Christmas Tree Shop and saw the Xlarge for $12.99 I scooped it up..
Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #35
moose tracks

Location: Loudon, Tennessee, foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains
Default Doggie PFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Where do you get the doggy PFDs?
We purchased our doggie PFD at The Ship -Fays Marine Store in Gilford.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #36
denipal

Well we don't have any in the lake, but we have plenty on or shortly after being in the lake.

These are our grand-dogs.

Bailey enjoying his favorite spot on the boat (under the drivers feet!)

Bailey and Bentley riding at the bow

Bailey taking a breather after many rounds of fetch

Bentley on the dock

Sunbathing

And last but not least, Zoe, our Golden oldie (13 years old!) drying of in the house after a swim out to the raft

denipal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #37
WinnDixie

Default Great story!

Thanks for a great story about Walter the Golden! I did try to get a picture of our Sheltie on, because she'd love to see the lake. That can never happen, because she sings the Star Spangled Banner and every other thing you can think of--non-stop-- when riding in the car, so none of us could survive the 1250 mile ride up there. Well, in any case, I got a lesson on bending the rules, because my attempts got me a nasty message( something about security) from my computer, and I ended up logged off and out of the Forum, in spite of myself! Whatever! I don't need to go there...I'll just enjoy all of your pictures! Thanks...they are all wonderful.

Last edited by WinnDixie; 09-13-2008 at 10:21 AM. Reason: omitted word
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #38
jkjoshuatree

Talking Not Sure If I Did This Right...

...if I did, there should be two pictures (one with me and the "Golden Girls", Grace and Elle-7 month old sisters) on the raft and one with Elle in the bow with her shades on.

She's a little insane and I love her all the more for it.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2008, 02:11 PM   #39
jkjoshuatree

Wink I Guess It Didn't Work!

I don't know how to post two pictures at the same time.

So here's a pic of Gracie....she's the sweet one.
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #40
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjoshuatree View Post
I don't know how to post two pictures at the same time.

So here's a pic of Gracie....she's the sweet one.
I'm not sure I know how to post one, but I'll give it a shot. If it works, this is Bailey 7 years ago when he was 4 years old. Not sure he'd be able to get his butt up on the bow seat at this point in time, although he was insistent about going for boat rides this past summer.
Attached Images

Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #41
CentreHarborEric

Default Ivy and Evan

Couldn't resist. A boy (our son) and his dog. Evan's 2 and a half, Ivy's 8.
Attached Images

CentreHarborEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #42
Pineedles

Default Too Cute!

What a pair! Starting this thread has been the best thing I could have done for myself. It picks me up to no end when I see a new post to this thread. All the pics are wonderful! Thank you all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
ClosetExtrovert (09-09-2011)
Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #43
Island Life

Lost all of my photos from the summer, but picture my beautiful 1 1/2 year old black Lab diving off the dock, swimming with a twice-his-size stick in his mouth, and hiding underneath my seat in the boat. That's what i would have shown you.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:02 PM   #44
jetskier

Talking Cat Parity

OK...time to create some cat parity

This is Alexander (as of Alexander the Great fame); he clearly has a predilection for the lake and water, but primarily as a stopper.

Jetskier

Old 09-23-2008, 07:14 AM   #45
Pineedles

Default Camo Cat

I'm glad Alexander has a propensity for water because he's practically invisible in that basin. Someone could turn on the spigot without noticing he's in there.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #46
jetskier

Talking It has happened!

Quote:
I'm glad Alexander has a propensity for water because he's practically invisible in that basin. Someone could turn on the spigot without noticing he's in there.
I have gone into the bathroom in the middle of the night and not noticed that he is in the sink.

With all the hair, he has been getting baths since he was a kitten...just not in this way.

Jetskier
Old 09-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #47
SIKSUKR

That would be quite the hairball clog!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 AM   #48
Island Life

After seeing all of your dogs, I was finally able to take some pictures of my own dog at the Lake last weekend. This is Tjapukai (Ja - bu - kai); he'll be 2 in January and is very sweet.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 AM   #49
MJM

Great thread...we dog people love a chance to show off our babies!
Attached Images

MJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #50
Winopt

Default Logan

This is my buddy Logan. He does not think that he is a dog! He enjoys long walks on the beach, lazy days on the lake, etc.......
Attached Images

Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #51
Winopt

Default Suzie Q

There is nothing like a day on the boat too make you appreciate a good snooze!
Attached Images

Winopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #52
SIKSUKR

Logan and Suzie Q need to relax a little more.What life a dog has!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #53
islander10

Default Montgomery.

Monty loves to swim and will jump off the dock and swim around, over and over.
Attached Images

islander10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:12 AM   #54
ApS

Moose tracks, has your dachshund Lenya ever been "naughty", such as this little pup?
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #55
JG1222

Default What a great idea for a thread.

Bailey

Last edited by JG1222; 01-13-2009 at 10:39 PM.
JG1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #56
Pineedles

Default Cats on Winnipesaukee

I was browsing thru some of the Links and found this at http://www.winnicuisine.com/winni/stories.htm

I know SteveA and others will love it. This guy in the cooler fulfills the "on the water criteria".

ENTER NOW - The First-Ever Mark Island “Cat/zini Aqua Sail”

CONTEST RULES

1. Each entrant must fashion a boat from the attached zucchinis which is capable of supporting one slightly frantic cat above the surface of Winnipesaukee waters for a minimum of thirty second. (Cats will be provided by K-W Kennels of Gilford.)

2. Launching of “CATBOATS” will occur at 2:00 pm Sunday, Aug. 7, 1983. (Each participant is responsible for the preservation of assigned zucchinis until that moment.)

3. The basic theme of each boat must be “ZUCCHINI CAT-BOAT”, but freedom of expression is encouraged.

4. The New Hampshire SPCA will furnish one witness to assure that boat occupants are not subjected to inhumane treatment, although an occasional dunking will not be construed as anti-feline treatment. JUDGES will award prizes for originality of design, sea-worthiness, and driest cat. Be sure to attend this event and witness the thrill of such events as:
Cat Throw Cat Sink Cats on the Roof Top And more...

PLACE:
Aldridge Beach or Deep Cove (depending on prevailing wind.)
Apparently, the cats got wind of the event, and a couple of them disappeared for the day. Fortunately, we were able to draft a couple of pet rabbits as last minute substitutes, this being that they either liked the water better than cats, or were dumber. A large number of craft were entered in the competition.
The outcome of the race will be revealed in Winnipesaukee Cuisine
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #57
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Introducing the Newest Member of the McDude Household

Meet Jake. Born 1-25-09
Attached Images

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #58
rrr

Default congrats

McDude - he's gorgeous!
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #59
Pineedles

He is a real cutey mcdude! How many postcards has he destroyed?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #60
Bear Island South

Default two more, these guys love the water

Guster is riding the tube, Cooper prefers riding in the boat
Attached Images

Bear Island South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #61
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Jake's First Swim

Well, it doesn't get more lake-related than this here on the winni pet forum! Here is Jake the Wonder Dog taking his first swim ....ever! 15 weeks old.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #62
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Thumbs up He's Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing the pics McD. Jake the Wonder Dog is beautiful.

This thread is wonderful!!!

Bear Island South, you have some real lookers there.

I have to admit, my heart melts with all your furry friends. Thanks everyone!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #63
gravy boat

Default The Smooch

Here is our rescue gal and my avitar, Sarah (nicknamed "Smooch" for reasons easy to guess). ;-)
She LOVES wading in the water as she doesn't swim very well -- she was a landlubber until we rescued her...but that quickly changed!
Attached Images

gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #64
trfour

Thumbs up

WOW! Great pictures, Gravy! Keep e'm coming!
What a cute puppy!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #65
Nadia

Smile Best Thread on the Forum!

This is by far, hands down the best thread on this forum IMHO, you all have beautiful animals and they all look like they are having so much fun with their owners and eachother! And Jetskier's kitty is beautiful as well, what is the breed? I would say big fluff ball if I didn't know any better
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #66
gravy boat

Default Our newest addition and his sister....

A few shots of our newest baby, Bo -- before and after haircut. And with Sister Sarah cooling off in Winni.... Can't wait until summer!!! --GB
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (03-25-2010)
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #67
Dhuberty24

Default Nixon

Nixon loves the camp and the boat.
Attached Images

Dhuberty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuberty24 For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #68
gravy boat

Default great shots!

Great action shot of Nixon! ;-)
Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #69
Flyfisha

Default Maggie of Rattlesnake

Maggie of Rattlesnake Island is ready for her return!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flyfisha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flyfisha For This Useful Post:
Frosty (03-30-2014), gravy boat (03-25-2010), Just Sold (04-05-2010), Pineedles (03-24-2010), Rattlesnake Guy (03-24-2010), SteveA (03-24-2010)
Old 03-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #70
Pineedles

Thumbs up

Much more than a useful post, but a wonderful piece of photography! And a damn cute picture! Thank you!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #71
SteveA
Deceased Member

Default Great Picture!

Made me dig up the old Rod Steward lyrics from 'Maggie Mae'

"The morning sun
when it's in your face
really shows your age"

Thanks for the post!

Now, admit it... that song is now stuck in the head of anyone over 45!
Pepper (03-25-2010)
Old 03-25-2010, 08:56 AM   #72
SIKSUKR

Default Maggie

"but that don't worry me none,in my eyes your everything"
Old 04-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #73
Bear Island South

Default paper delivery

Sunday Paper delivery started today...Gus found the paper I left in the boat
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #74
Pineedles

Default Gus: "You forgot the paper Dad. I have do everything around here."

I have always been convinced after years of trying to have Reilly and Sam (two of the best labs ever) do what I want, rather than what they want, that dogs are smarter than people.
KPW (11-22-2011)
Old 04-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #75
Bear Island South

Quote:
I have always been convinced after years of trying to have Reilly and Sam (two of the best labs ever) do what I want, rather than what they want, that dogs are smarter than people.
I don't know about smarter....he was swimming in 40 degree water today

The paper is actually his one and only daily chore, he can't relax in the morning until the paper comes. He will sit and wait patiently in the driveway, some mornings if he is lucky the paper guy hands it to him with a dog biscuit.
He has been doing this since 10 weeks, I can remember him dragging the paper up the driveway as a pup. (I know I have video somewhere)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (04-05-2010)
Old 04-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #76
Pineedles

Default Bis

OMG, if only I could get them to do that! BTW, in the picture you posted, there is a rectangular area with a round "pipe?" in the middle. What is that? Nice looking comfortable firepit area.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 AM   #77
Bear Island South

Quote:
there is a rectangular area with a round "pipe?" in the middle. What is that?
sorry for going off topic

that is one end of our washer pits, a horseshoe type game where you pitch 2" diameter washers into the cup, fun, addictive, and good for the whole family as you are not throwing the big heavy shoes.

http://www.bombatwashers.com/Washer_Game_Basics_s/4.htm
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (04-06-2010)
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #78
ScottKnowles

Couldn't resist adding a picture of our boy Steeler!
Attached Images

ScottKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottKnowles For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (04-08-2010)
Old 04-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #79
WinnDixie

Default Dogs and jobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Island South View Post

The paper is actually his one and only daily chore, he can't relax in the morning until the paper comes. He will sit and wait patiently in the driveway, some mornings if he is lucky the paper guy hands it to him with a dog biscuit.
He has been doing this since 10 weeks, I can remember him dragging the paper up the driveway as a pup. (I know I have video somewhere)
So it's not only at our house! Ours has assigned HERSELF several jobs..the biggest being she feels SHE must notify my husband when dinner is ready...after having bugged me everyday around 4:30 to get into the kitchen and get busy,and "dogging" my every move as I prepare it!

ScottKnowles that's a gorgeous picture! Welcome!
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #80
AltonGuy

Here is a pic of Romeo or Romie (pronounced Roam-ee) as we call him. He was pestering me in the truck earlier this week for his walk around Alton Bay. He loves to walk near the water but isn't keen about going in it! Even when we are in the boat he takes refuge under the drivers seat!
Attached Images

AltonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #81
Bear Island South

This is Otis, he came to visit us last summer, not much of a water dog but he liked relaxing and lounging in the empty seats.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #82
Island Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottKnowles View Post
Couldn't resist adding a picture of our boy Steeler!
Scott, Steeler is gorgeous. I'd love to see what he looks like when he finishes growing.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #83
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts
Default Emmazilla

This here is "Emma". She is a 9 year old, 100 lb, female yellow lab. Because of her size we nicknamed her "Emmazilla"!

She considers herself the Queen of Welch Island!

Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by ishoot308; 04-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (04-12-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #84
codeman671

Default The Princess of Mark Island

Here is a picture of Princess, our 10 year old bulldog. We have 3 other dogs that I will post separately. Bringing 4 dogs along makes trips to the island a nightmare sometimes, but they love it. We have another english bulldog, a chesapeake bay retriever and an oversized japanese chin.
Attached Images

codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #85
Rattlesnake Guy

"You're right, my nose is cold."
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #86
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy View Post
"You're right, my nose is cold."
AWESOME caption!!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #87
dog paw

This is Norrie @ Buzzel's cove. A water dog she is not but is a good sport and is always up for some R+R. In this pic she pretty much told the wife to swim her own fool self back in.
Attached Images

dog paw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #88
Dhuberty24

I know that place, My grandfather used to live more towards wymans boat house
Dhuberty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 AM   #89
jkjoshuatree

Unhappy My Goldens Got Shaved...

...and they look so weird. I can't get used to it. It looks like someone cut and pasted their little heads onto these foreign bodies.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #90
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking What a Great Thread!

You may be wondering what took me so long to post in this fantastic thread. I had such trouble picking a picture!

Mac, our little Cairn Terrier is such fun! He loves to go for rides on the jet-ski. Our son, Jeff is the operator.

He also loves to go tubing!

You may have already seen the following pictures.

He loved the kneeboard!

Mac is a wonderful spotter too!
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
DRH (06-16-2010), Just Sold (06-08-2010), mcdude (06-08-2010), Pepper (06-09-2010), Pineedles (06-08-2010), wynndog (07-06-2015)
Old 06-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #91
jack1706

Thumbs up Thanks Gal

Thanks for sharing... those are just too cute !!

I enjoy looking at every one of them ( a couple of times, actually)
jack1706 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jack1706 For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (01-30-2013)
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #92
SIKSUKR

Mack is a good spotter but that second photo raises a question. Does one need a spotter if the rider is a dog?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #93
Rattlesnake Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Mack is a good spotter but that second photo raises a question. Does one need a spotter if the rider is a dog?
Are you kidding? Mac ranks much higher than us mere mortals..
Rattlesnake Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #94
Pineedles

Default More Pictures, please

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS to Winnipesaukee.com, PLEASE post some pictures of your dogs! Oh yeah, as SteveA says, cats are welcome too. Just do it with the lake as a backdrop. Are there anymore adventureous dogs like Mac out there that can water ski, or fish, drive a boat, relax in a raft, build sand castles, etc.?
Angelia818 (08-25-2011)
Old 08-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #95
jkjoshuatree

Default How's This As The Lake For A Backdrop?

Hope this works...I have no idea what I'm doing.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #96
Greene's Basin Girl

Great picture. Who likes the water more- you or the dogs ? Who is better at doing the dog paddle?
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #97
Pineedles

That is fantastic!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #98
Angelia818

The first pic is of our dog, Sully, swimming near Timber Island. The second pic is of Sully and his cousin, Kate relaxing on a tube while his other cousin, Henry (recently lost & found dog) swims right next to them. You can see him on the bottom right.
We're all looking forward to going back up to the lake over Labor Day weekend!
Attached Images

Angelia818 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelia818 For This Useful Post:
Greene's Basin Girl (08-25-2011), Pineedles (08-25-2011)
Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #99
jkjoshuatree

Talking Gbb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl View Post
Great picture. Who likes the water more- you or the dogs ? Who is better at doing the dog paddle?

I think it's even. We all love the water. But it's safe to say they may have the dog paddle down a little bit better than me.

My step daughter was actually walking the dogs on this day (I ran in town). When I got back I snuck into the water with the raft to have some alone time.

No such luck...as soon as I paddled out I heard 2 splashes and then they were right there next to me.

I love them more than anything but I can NEVER do anything alone (including going to the bathroom AND taking a shower). The one on the right (Elle) jumps right in with me.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #100
Bear Island South

Default Cooper

Today we mourn the loss of our beloved Cooper, she lost her battle with kidney disease. Rest in Peace Cooper you will me missed.

We are not positive, but it is coincidental that the kidney's disease came about shortly after the cyno-bacteria was found in the lake. Organ failure in dogs was listed as potential threat.

For all of us dog lovers, I found this quote.

While there are many different roads that we take in life, it is those who walk with us that make the journey worth while.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear Island South For This Useful Post:
BaileyBecca (08-01-2013), trfour (09-07-2011)