Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Damdonzi

Thumbs up Cigarette Good Samaritan: Nicely done!

Today was the final day on the lake for us this year. It was a great day actually. Not too many boats at all, foliage is still very vibrant in places and it was just windy & rough enough to make it fun.

I wish I had my camera with me. Heading toward Wolfeboro I came across a Cigarette Top Gun towing a mid 20 foot-ish runabout that was disabled, up the broads toward Glendale into what had to be 25MPH+ wind and waves. It would have made a great postcard with the mountain range and blue skies in the background, but I thought it was a fitting image to end this season at the lake with.

It is EVERYONE'S lake. No matter if it is your first trip there, or the latest generation returning to a family camp. From high performance to row boats. Everyone enjoys the lake in their own way, and that image -at least to me- best portrays the spirit of boating on Lake Winnipesaukee.

I am confident of 2 things seeing these boats today. First, the disabled boat had to have been extremely grateful, because today was not a day to be stranded in those conditions. Second, the trio in the Cigarette (I was behind them coming out of the Wiers channel earlier in the day) certainly was not enjoying the lake in the manner they typically would in thier boat.

Having towed many boats, and been towed a few times myself, the playing field gets level very quick when you are disabled. Sure there are Captain Bonehead's, but there are also wrongly labeled high performance boaters as well.

So the next time you see this logo, please remember that better than 9 times out of 10 there is an experienced, professional and courteous person at the helm.
You did the brand proud today.

See everyone next year!
Attached Images

Damdonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Damdonzi For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (10-25-2009), chmeeee (10-25-2009), colt17 (10-26-2009), DoTheMath (10-29-2009), fatlazyless (10-26-2009), hazelnut (10-26-2009), jeffatsquam (10-26-2009), OCDACTIVE (10-26-2009), Resident 2B (10-26-2009)
Old 10-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
codeman671

I saw this as well. Good job!

It was a particularly bad time to be dead in the water. With the wind like it was it would not be hard to get into a precarious situation in a small boat without power.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
eillac@dow

Thumbs up

Damdonzi,

Your post is right on. It is a lake for all!

Does not matter who towes who, we are all here to enjoy the lake.

Enjoy the winter months!
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eillac@dow For This Useful Post:
Resident 2B (10-26-2009)