Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Bizer

Default For what should I be looking?

This is almost identical to a question that I posed two years ago.

Bizer will be up at Winnipesaukee several times over the next few weekends. We shall be checking for updates to our chart of the lake. If you know of anything that you think we should examine, please post it here or email us at updates@bizer.com. We are looking for such items as
• Buoys that may have moved. Even if a buoy moved and/or was reset by the Marine Patrol, we want to know about it. We want to insure we chart its exact position.
• New buoys that are not on Bizer's chart (even if you think they were placed by private citizens)
• Missing buoys
• Shallow areas not clearly depicted on Bizer's chart
• Any Elvis sightings that you would like us to confirm
• Any island that is not on our list of islands
• Anything that you deem noteworthy and/or should be on Bizer's chart
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
hazelnut

I may have mentioned this but:

Heading under the Long Island Bridge Eastbound towards 19 Mile coming from Trexlers after you go under the bridge to your right about 100 yards North/Northeast there is a rock that I feel should be marked. Cuz I hit it a few years ago.

However, as I was checking my prop a Marine Patrol Boat hit it too!
I was busy checking my outdrive for damage when I looked up just in time to see and hear a carunch! I motored over to him as he was checking his prop and asked him if he thought there oughtta be a marker there? He mumbled something and shrugged. I think he was embarassed. I felt better about my mishap after that. I did feel bad for him but not so much as it wasn't his personal boat.
hazelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
Phantom

Gotta Love That !!!

Wish I was there (or rather close to there)

Old 09-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post

Heading under the Long Island Bridge Eastbound towards 19 Mile coming from Trexlers after you go under the bridge to your right about 100 yards North/Northeast there is a rock that I feel should be marked. Cuz I hit it a few years ago.
On my Bizer chart it shows a big rock in the cove right across the street from the town beach.Is this the area?We raft in that cove occasionally but I've never encountered that rock.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
On my Bizer chart it shows a big rock in the cove right across the street from the town beach.Is this the area?We raft in that cove occasionally but I've never encountered that rock.
Opposite side of the channel. If you are in that cove that everyone anchors in travel with the bridge on your left to the opposing cove, (near the island). Between the Island and the bridge there is some rocky area there. Be careful!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
C_Duff

There is a new Wildlife area in the northern most part of Winter Harbor. There a few floating signs put up restricting motorized boats from getting too close.
C_Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Lakegeezer

The rock marked 100 feet or so east of light 14 doesn't seem to be there. It is quite shallow right around the marker, but that seems to be it.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #8
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
On my Bizer chart it shows a big rock in the cove right across the street from the town beach. Is this the area? We raft in that cove occasionally but I've never encountered that rock.
There is not “a” rock there, there is a shelf of rocks that jut more than 150 feet from shore. At high-water, most of the rocks are four feet down, but at a typical fall level (now), the rocks are less than three feet deep (and I hit one looking in this area on 21-Sep-09). While only about 100 feet from shore, the rock depicted on Bizer’s chart is currently sticking above the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post

I assume you mean “left” instead of “right”. There are a few rocks there and they may extend more than 150 feet from shore. See the attached image (below) to see the new rocks.
Attached Images

Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bizer For This Useful Post:
SIKSUKR (10-09-2009)
Old 10-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
hazelnut

Exactly! Thanks.