Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Old Sarge

Default Lakeport Data Phone gone?

I tried to call (603)-527-0071 but get a recorded message that it is no longer a working number. Anyone heard they were going to stop providing the service?
Old Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
fatlazyless

isn't there a new, solar powered, floating monitor buoy located out beyond the swim line, off the beach at Weirs Beach, that continuously monitors bacteria, water temp, and other water conditions so's maybe it posts the info to a NH-DES website that can be accessed by the public?

https://www.usgs.gov/news/buoy-popul...ay-out-water-0

Is the surface water temp back up to 81-degrees which probably makes it the warmest ever, or something ...... for the last 12,000 years?

https://www.waterwatch.usgs.gov/wqwq...nh&pcode=00010 If this link does not work, then go to the bottom of the USGS linked page above..... USGS WaterQualityWatch.... to the centre triangle spot in New Hampshire!

It currently says the water temp is 25.2-celsius degrees .......... so's if I remember correct.....u muliply that by 9/5 and add 32 to get the fahrenheit # so it equals 77.36-degrees F.

Called 527-0071 and along with a bunch of flow rate numbers from the Lakeport Dam, the recorded message said the lake water temp is 79.

So's last weeks high of 81 was probably the highest surface water temp ever, ever, ever for the last 12,000-years or so! ...... except the USGS monitor buoy at the weirs beach swim line would possibly report a slightly lower temp than what the NH-DES reports at the Lakeport Dam outflow???

Wonder if the new USGS buoy, new in June-2016, will remain in place through the winter, what with the surface ice? Probably k-not?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-11-2016 at 05:27 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I just called the Data phone with no issues... and yes I confirmed it was the same number given by the OP......
Old 08-12-2016, 05:40 AM   #4
Old Sarge

Yes, I tried it tonight and got through, maybe they had not paid their phone bill on time? LOL! Thanks.
Old Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote