Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #1
Rusty

Default “O” Bistro to open in Wolfeboro

This article is in this weeks edition of the Granite State News:

WOLFEBORO — The Lakes Regions’ newest restaurant is opening mid-November in Wolfeboro at the former site of The Lakeview Inn.
Scott Ouellette, owner of Canoe and “O” Steak and Seafood restaurants, said that in addition to the restaurant “we will be operating the largest function room on this side of the Big Lake” in the historic Barn adjacent to the Bistro.
“We have been doing an extraordinary number of catering events in the Wolfeboro area” said Ouellette of his Magic Food Productions catering business. “This site gives us a beautiful setting to serve the area’s restaurant and catering needs.
“O” Bistro will open with a full “bistro” dinner menu and will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 3 p.m. during the winter months. The bistro will also be featuring a Thanksgiving Day buffet in the Barn from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring a traditional Thanksgiving Day menu and prime rib.
The restaurant will be open 7 days a week from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. For reservations call 569-1335.
The catering and function facility will operate year round and can accommodate parties up to 225. Ouellette noted that they will be hiring upwards of 25 new full and part time staffers for positions at the Bistro including bartenders, servers, catering staff and kitchen prep workers.
BroadHopper (10-23-2014), Heading4thelake (10-23-2014), rgilfert (10-23-2014), secondcurve (10-25-2014), smith point boater (10-24-2014), winnisummergal (10-23-2014)
Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Great news! Options are good!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:26 AM   #3
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
This article is in this weeks edition of the Granite State News:

WOLFEBORO — The Lakes Regions’ newest restaurant is opening mid-November in Wolfeboro at the former site of The Lakeview Inn.
Scott Ouellette, owner of Canoe and “O” Steak and Seafood restaurants, said that in addition to the restaurant “we will be operating the largest function room on this side of the Big Lake” in the historic Barn adjacent to the Bistro.
“We have been doing an extraordinary number of catering events in the Wolfeboro area” said Ouellette of his Magic Food Productions catering business. “This site gives us a beautiful setting to serve the area’s restaurant and catering needs.
“O” Bistro will open with a full “bistro” dinner menu and will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 3 p.m. during the winter months. The bistro will also be featuring a Thanksgiving Day buffet in the Barn from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring a traditional Thanksgiving Day menu and prime rib.
The restaurant will be open 7 days a week from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. For reservations call 569-1335.
The catering and function facility will operate year round and can accommodate parties up to 225. Ouellette noted that they will be hiring upwards of 25 new full and part time staffers for positions at the Bistro including bartenders, servers, catering staff and kitchen prep workers.
It looks like they invested the real estate money from the Woodshed into this location?

I have never been in the barn but the Lakeview Inn dining area is dated and lacks character and I think that is a main factor why no restaurant has been successful there.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
I have never been in the barn but the Lakeview Inn dining area is dated and lacks character and I think that is a main factor why no restaurant has been successful there.
The location is also a bit of a hindrance, especially if a restaurant doesn't quickly establish a reputation that will draw people to it.

While those who know Wolfeboro well and are often here would seek it out, I suspect that the restaurants in town derive a significant portion of their revenues from tourists walking around town and arriving on buses. These people won't wander up the hill to the Lakeview unless good marketing or reputation incite them to do so.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:39 AM   #5
Patiently Watching

Delighted to hear this good news.
Scott and his team have done a great job with the Canoe and 'O' for several years now and Wolfeboro is dying for another choice.
I believe they will be leasing the restaurant & barn portion of the property while the owner continues to run the Inn/rooms.
While it is not downtown, they will do great hear. It has parking, nice property and is only a short walk or drive from town.
Like Center Harbor with the Canoe, I would imagine they will do a free shuttle during the busy times from downtown...
Looking forward to a good new dining option in town.
Patiently Watching is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patiently Watching For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (10-26-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,375 Times in 951 Posts

I don't know as it was the location as much as the personalities of the people that ran the Inn that made it unsuccessful.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Sue Doe-Nym (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patiently Watching View Post
Delighted to hear this good news.
Scott and his team have done a great job with the Canoe and 'O' for several years now and Wolfeboro is dying for another choice.
I believe they will be leasing the restaurant & barn portion of the property while the owner continues to run the Inn/rooms.
While it is not downtown, they will do great hear. It has parking, nice property and is only a short walk or drive from town.
Like Center Harbor with the Canoe, I would imagine they will do a free shuttle during the busy times from downtown...
Looking forward to a good new dining option in town.
Lake View Inn is 7 miles to Railroad St in Wolfeboro. It's almost in Brookfield.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:00 AM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Hmmmmm .... they must have moved the whole building!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Lake View Inn is 7 miles to Railroad St in Wolfeboro. It's almost in Brookfield.
I believe you may be thinking of the Bittersweet.

Lakeview Inn is on Rte 109 heading west out of the Downtown area, at the top to the hill and across the street from the cemetery.

Close, Rusty!
Bumble2249 (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #9
tis

Rusty, they are talking about the "Inn on Main" I think it is called now. I think you are being a wise guy again. Do you mean Railroad Ave.?
The Following User Says Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (10-26-2014)
Old 10-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
Rusty

I guess I got the Lakeview Inn near Lake Wentworth mixed up with what the article was talking about. The article said "former" so I guess I'm all screwed up...as usual.

Here is the other Lakeview Inn in Wolfeboro...I think anyway???

http://www.lakeview-inn.com/about-us.htm
Old 10-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #11
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Rusty, they are talking about the "Inn on Main" I think it is called now. I think you are being a wise guy again. Do you mean Railroad Ave.?
You're right I am a "wise guy" most of the time, however believe it or not, I was serious. I guess my brain has a hard time reading and interpreting what it really is talking about.

Sorry about that.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #12
Patiently Watching

While I agree that in Wolfeboro, downtown is the premier location, the former Lakeview Inn (Inn on Main currently) is is roughly 1/2 mile directly up North Main Street... 10-15 minute walk, 5 minute drive/shuttle from center of town.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
secondcurve

Quote:
I don't know as it was the location as much as the personalities of the people that ran the Inn that made it unsuccessful.
Tis: You may be correct. It has been quite sometime since I've been there. I probably will give the new restaurant a try. Hopefully, they improve the atmosphere.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #14
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
While I agree that in Wolfeboro, downtown is the premier location, the former Lakeview Inn (Inn on Main currently) is is roughly 1/2 mile directly up North Main Street... 10-15 minute walk, 5 minute drive/shuttle from center of town.
All except the Canoe location is away from the crowd. I'm sure he will be quite successful.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #15
Alton Bay

I think there are many brides anxious for a nice function facility in Wolfeboro. There are not a lot of affordable wedding venues in Wolfeboro. The barn at the Lakeview Inn was not too appealing when my daughter looked at it a few years ago, but hopefully the new owners will spiff it up a bit. I hope it does well.
Alton Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:25 AM   #16
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay View Post
I think there are many brides anxious for a nice function facility in Wolfeboro. There are not a lot of affordable wedding venues in Wolfeboro. The barn at the Lakeview Inn was not too appealing when my daughter looked at it a few years ago, but hopefully the new owners will spiff it up a bit. I hope it does well.
The challenge with the barn and reinvestment in this part of the facility is the neighbors. Because the barn abuts a neighborhood it can only operate at certain times, days, etc. Thus, anyone who improves this part of the facility may have a difficult time getting a return on their incremental capital investment.
Old 10-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #17
tis

You are right secondcurve. That has been a huge issues, the noise with the neighbors. And I can see both sides. The Inn needs to make money, but would you want to listen to music every night or even every weekend if the barn was right on top of you? So it has been a tough fight. As I recall they were finally allowed to have functions there but they were limited to certain days and hours.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
Phantom

Quote:
Canoe is not the most convenient location either !

How did they solve that ? Shuttle service from Center Harbor Town docks !

Who's to say they won't initiate a similar concept at this location to get boaters back & forth from the docks.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #19
Patiently Watching

Indeed the barn portion of the property does come with some restrictions in its use, the neighbor issue hopefully will not be an issue if the property is run in a respectful manner.
As stated above, there is a high demand for wedding venues and combined with a quality food provider like O/Magic Foods, they will do very well in the location without any doubt. Staffing will be their biggest hurdle in Wolfeboro - like anywhere.
Wolfeboro definitely needs the dining options year around and in the summer months, there are so few 'seats' in town that all can do well. Hopefully the interior will get 'dressed up' nicely so the dining is more comfortable than it has been under 'Inn on Main'.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #20
tis

Fridayat 7:00pm - 12:00am
Oct 31 at 7:00pm to Nov 1 at 12:00am
Show Map
The Inn on Main
200 North Main St, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire 3894

Join us for our last day as The Inn On Main by celebrating with a Booze Blowout Halloween Party!

Music, dancing, GREAT drink specials, and of course, a costume competition! Win great prizes!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:32 PM   #21
secondcurve

Quote:
Fridayat 7:00pm - 12:00am
Oct 31 at 7:00pm to Nov 1 at 12:00am
Show Map
The Inn on Main
200 North Main St, Wolfeboro, New Hampshire 3894

Join us for our last day as The Inn On Main by celebrating with a Booze Blowout Halloween Party!

Music, dancing, GREAT drink specials, and of course, a costume competition! Win great prizes!
A "booze blowout"......if there is an accident with one of the attendees on the way home this statement will make a great cornerstone for a lawsuit.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #22
Misha888

Default "o"

Is not in a convenient location in Laconia. Quite off the beaten path, if you can find it at all with the limited singage . . . but go there on a Wed., night in the summer without reservations and you will have over an hour long wait. I have no doubt "O" Wolfboro will thrive. High end fare. Though I do worry about what I have just read regarding the interior. I hope they did something to improve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
The location is also a bit of a hindrance, especially if a restaurant doesn't quickly establish a reputation that will draw people to it.

While those who know Wolfeboro well and are often here would seek it out, I suspect that the restaurants in town derive a significant portion of their revenues from tourists walking around town and arriving on buses. These people won't wander up the hill to the Lakeview unless good marketing or reputation incite them to do so.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:43 AM   #23
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton Bay View Post
some pics of "the barn" ... http://www.innnewhampshire.com/events/

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
Billy Bob

Default barn photos

That barn looks terrible ! but also has GREAT potential for someone with money and imagination to go is and add the character and home feeling.

Probably as close as you will get to replacing the Woodshed atmosphere , hopefully they keep the Canoe type food as the Woodshed food was awful
Billy Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #25
tis

I don't think the barn is that bad. It is a barn, but it is kind of neat. I have been to a couple of functions there and thought they were nice but that was a while ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Den65 (10-29-2014), upthesaukee (10-29-2014)
Old 10-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #26
WakeboardMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
A "booze blowout"......if there is an accident with one of the attendees on the way home this statement will make a great cornerstone for a lawsuit.
I read "booze blowout" and thought, "No wonder the neighbors have issues with the venue..."
Old 10-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #27
tis

The issues with the neighbors were not with the present owners.

If you could see the whole advertisement for the party, you would see that they say they want to get rid of all of their alcohol. Poor choice of words probably though.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #28
Barbara

If food and service are good, they will be hugely successful. The Restaurant was always full all through the winter months with huge support from the locals. That has been transferred to Nolan's.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #29
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
If food and service are good, they will be hugely successful. The Restaurant was always full all through the winter months with huge support from the locals. That has been transferred to Nolan's.

And Nolan's is good but by no means not " the restaurant" good. A little pricey for the portions that are served.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #30
chasedawg

Default O' Bisto. In on Main

We attended the Featival of Trees at the Wright Museum tonight. It was a full house and a great social evening. The local Wolfeboro resturants have tables there offering sampling of their menus. There were over 24 local eating establishments showing and offering their best. I didn't realize our wonderful town of Wolfeboro had such great choices of dining.

But really surprised us was in fact the new O' Bisto was there with their offering of Mac and Cheese. I was taken back because driving by the old "In on Main" there haven' t been any signs saying that they are now open. I asked the person serving the Mac and Cheese when were they going to open. She said we have been open since mid November. Well I said I have never seen cars there or any advertisements. Several people behind me asked the same question. Not sure i get the reasoning for not promoting the opening. Oh and by the way, why just Mac and Cheese. It was good....but the Pine Cone has much better. However, Good luck to them. We are looking forward to dining there over the weekend.
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:38 PM   #31
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
We attended the Featival of Trees at the Wright Museum tonight. It was a full house and a great social evening. The local Wolfeboro resturants have tables there offering sampling of their menus. There were over 24 local eating establishments showing and offering their best. I didn't realize our wonderful town of Wolfeboro had such great choices of dining.

But really surprised us was in fact the new O' Bisto was there with their offering of Mac and Cheese. I was taken back because driving by the old "In on Main" there haven' t been any signs saying that they are now open. I asked the person serving the Mac and Cheese when were they going to open. She said we have been open since mid November. Well I said I have never seen cars there or any advertisements. Several people behind me asked the same question. Not sure i get the reasoning for not promoting the opening. Oh and by the way, why just Mac and Cheese. It was good....but the Pine Cone has much better. However, Good luck to them. We are looking forward to dining there over the weekend.

The Pine Cone has better Mac n Cheese?? Come on. The Pine Cone and the rest of their restaurants are essentially the same as eating off a Sysco truck with a kitchen inside.

Nothing homemade. No imagination.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #32
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post
The Pine Cone has better Mac n Cheese?? Come on. The Pine Cone and the rest of their restaurants are essentially the same as eating off a Sysco truck with a kitchen inside.

The Pine Cone offers reasonable value food and a nice place for a beer but it isn't fine dining. I go there since it is close and there is a nice community atmosphere. I don't understand why the owners don't up their game and hire someone with a little creativity as a chef. It wouldn't cost much. As far as their Wolfeboro location goes, I never go there since it is bland and there are many better choices in Wolfeboro.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to secondcurve For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (12-05-2014), chasedawg (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #33
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Several people behind me asked the same question. Not sure i get the reasoning for not promoting the opening. .

Perhaps it is their way of "Soft Opening" .... albeit a month is a long time for a soft opening. It allows staff (particularly kitchen) to get their act together before the scrutiny and reviews begin.

Just a thought.

I too was in Wolfeboro last weekend and looking for indications of what stage it was in -- saw nothing, presumed nothing yet had occurred.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #34
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Although I can agree with you, I happen to be in the kitchen watching Scott from Magic Foods 'whip' up his Mac&Cheese. Nothing came from the can. Just fresh cooked elbows and globs of blocked cheese. 4 kinds to be exact. IT is amazing what this guy can do with a giant wok pan!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Scott's lobster Mac & Cheese is second to none!
Bumble2249 (12-05-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #35
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Although I can agree with you, I happen to be in the kitchen watching Scott from Magic Foods 'whip' up his Mac&Cheese. Nothing came from the can. Just fresh cooked elbows and globs of blocked cheese. 4 kinds to be exact. IT is amazing what this guy can do with a giant wok pan!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Scott's lobster Mac & Cheese is second to none!

Re read my post. I was saying that there is zero chance that the Pine Cone has better mac n cheese than o's etc... Absolutely.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:53 PM   #36
chasedawg

Quote:
Re read my post. I was saying that there is zero chance that the Pine Cone has better mac n cheese than o's etc... Absolutely.

Bumble rumble OMG Let it go!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (12-07-2014), KPW (12-07-2014), Natt (12-11-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #37
VitaBene

O's opens at 3 Wednesday through Saturday. They are considering a shuttle to the docks in the summer.

I have not been but saw some pictures of the barn, it looks nice!
Old 12-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #38
tis

The barn is not an old barn but it looks like an old barn. It was built maybe 10 years ago. I think it is pretty.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #39
Bumble2249

Default “O” Bistro to open in Wolfeboro

To Chasedog and KPW.......

Obviously had to reiterate my point.... Sorry that bothered you.. Next time ill make sure to rethink my posts....NOT!

Old 12-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #40
VitaBene

Default Nice Job O's

I visited O's Bistro last night. The menu is a mix of the other Scott O places (and that is a good thing). Everything was great. We ate in the bar area which is a bit noisy and busy, but hey... it is a bar!! We had a nice bottle of Justin Cab, served in big Riedel glasses.

The restaurant is well decorated and appointed. This place will be a welcome addition to Wolfeboro!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #41
chasedawg

Default O's Bistro Wolfeboro

We went to Scott's new O's Bistro Wolfeboro tonight. We had escargot, mixed green salads for app. Entree was salmon and haddock. Both were very very good. Scott joined us at our table. We had a nice discussion and congratulated him on his new venture in Wolfeboro. He was very excited about being there.
The dining is in the bar area and just beyond into a larger room. The barn is only going to be used for special occasions for now. I can see however they will probably be expanding for the summer crowds into a section of the barn. We suggested to have a sampler of Mac and cheese on the menu. We told him his loyal clientele have expressed their opinion that his was better than others in town. (Not to mention PC ....Ha Ha) We enjoyed a fine dinning experience.

Now if one were to express opinion on best pizza.......I would say the Pine Cone!
Ha ha ha....!
And Nolan's is not bad either....
The Following User Says Thank You to chasedawg For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (12-13-2014)
Old 12-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #42
Patiently Watching

Great to hear that things seem to be going well at 'O'.

The barn will be great for functions, however it is NOT permitted for a la carte dining...
Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #43
gokart-mozart

Default Scott is in the House!

We've been to O's Bistro twice this week, both times excellent.

By Saturday night, the dining room had been carpeted, covering up the horrible black and white tile from the prior tenant and reducing the noise level. The food was great both times, priced somewhat under Garwood's. One of Garwood's principals was dining there, presumably gathering intel.

A great, great addition to the Wolfe City food scene.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #44
Barbara

We had dinner there last night in the bar area. I called to make a reservation for the dining room the day before but they were fully booked. The bar arena is first come, first served. It was packed when we arrived at 6PM, but after a 20 minute wait, there was a table for our group of 6.

The menu was a selection of items found on either the Canoe or O's Steaks and Seafoods menus, a very nice selection. I was thrilled to find Canoe's calamari, but favorite of any I have had all over the world!! Service and food were excellent. We will definitely be back,, loved it. Loved Hans, our waiter, a very charming young man.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (12-19-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #45
upthesaukee

Default We are going tonight with friends...

We are looking forward to it. We like O's, never been to Canoe.

Let you know how it turns out. And we do have reservations for the dining room.

Disclaimer: I have none....what dear???? oh, ok, time for my nap because we are going out tonight....
trfour (12-19-2014)
Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 PM   #46
upthesaukee

Thumbs up Ok, here we go.

We made it to O's Bistro tonight, and were not disappointed. One of our friends ordered the Haddock, and raved about it. Her husband ordered the tenderloin tips, medium well, and they were done just like he asked. a special was a swordfish dinner with ravioli and other stuff over it. My wife loves swordfish, but didn't really like what was also offered with it. The waitress asked what she would like in its place, and she asked if she could have the asparagus side. No problem. Last order was mine...Ahi tuna..waitress asked if cooking it rare was ok, and I said yes. It was beautifully cooked, and served over a slightly spicy lo mein type side. Very good.

Overall, we had a great time with our friends who we hadn't seen in about 4 months, great meal with great service, and as the husband of the other couple said, it is the best meal out he has had in recent memory.

A little pricey, but not outlandish for the quality of the food, atmosphere, service, etc.. Yes, we will be back for another special night out. Thanks O's Bistro
Barbara (12-20-2014), BroadHopper (12-20-2014), Just Sold (12-19-2014), SteveO123 (12-20-2014), trfour (12-20-2014), WakeboardMom (01-05-2015), winnisummergal (12-21-2014)
Old 12-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #47
GBGX2

Default Christmas Eve Dinner

We had an outstanding meal here last night. We sat at the bar with Jason the bartender- excellent service, Thank You!

The swordfish special was absolutely delicious and the Osso Buco was amazing.

Thank you for making our dinner so special!
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:05 PM   #48
patman

FYI... Reservations phone # is 515-1003, the number in the article at the top of this thread is for the hotel.
patman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to patman For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (01-02-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 05:32 PM   #49
Merrymeeting

Four of us went for the first time Friday evening. All agreed it was outstanding and we will be back.
  • Called for a reservation at 3PM (after learning the listed number is wrong as noted earlier) Had to take our third choice of time as it was already booked at the other times.
  • Arrived to find the parking lot very full and the hostess area packed. Glad we made reservations.
  • We arrived somewhat early and our table was not yet available, so we moved to the VERY crowded bar area and waited some time for drinks (this is NOT a complaint. The bartender was working as fast as humanly possible. It's clear that they need more than 1 during peak times. But it was also clear that they are working hard to respond to the great reception they've had. The bartender on duty was already one who was new)
  • Our waitress was outstanding, as was the trainee who was shadowing her. These folks get customer service and presentation.
  • My meal was the best dining experience I've had in some time. Others at the table echoed my comments.
Overall, a very enjoyable experience. It will be interesting to see how things go once the newness and startup surge works out. But if they continue on the track they seem to be on, they are going to need to expand somewhere to meet the demand.

We'll be back.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (01-06-2015), secondcurve (01-04-2015), WakeboardMom (01-05-2015), Whimsey (01-06-2015)
Old 01-04-2015, 08:14 PM   #50
Patiently Watching

Thanks for the feedback Merrymeeting. Lots of positive reviews.

Will stay busy for sure. Doubtful they will have any expansion options - it is a grandfathered use in a residential neighborhood - tough town even when zoning is on your side let alone when all of the neighbors will speak in opposition...

Can't wait to go there again!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:05 PM   #51
Barbara

We were back for the fourth time on Saturday, 1/24, and still love it. We've been with different people each time we've gone, so between all of us we have had a wide choice of menu selections. There has only been one disappointment and that was the Farmers Pasta.

My favorite app is the calamari. In used to travel all the way to Canoe for it and now it's available three minutes from my house. Love it! I love the roast chicken, the steak tips and mahi mahi which was a special one evening. A number of people in our party have had fish and chips and no one complained of soggy chips.

Service has been wonderful. Kudos to Nicole and Hans, both charming and attentive servers. I really hope the management will continue to accept reservations regardless of size of party, even when the prime season for tourists arrives. If they don't, I think they will lose a lot of the local year round support they have been enjoying.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:03 PM   #52
Barbara

Have been there at least ten times so far. Love it! So happy that the schedule just changed for the summer season....open every day!!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #53
GBGX2

Default Lunch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Have been there at least ten times so far. Love it! So happy that the schedule just changed for the summer season....open every day!!
Does anyone know if they are open for lunch?
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #54
Barbara

No, they open at 3PM each day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (05-25-2015)