Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
guntrain44

Default New Woodshed posting

I have read all the postings on what was my very special eatery. So let me tell our latest experience at the "WOODSHED" !! For the last 14 years, we have always gone to the woodshed as our special "New Years" dinner....14 years....we will "NEVER" go back again. They were very late in seating us, but that was OK, we had a great waitress, who tried so hard to make up for the failing of the rest of the staff.....20 minutes for our cocktail, 45 minutes for our french onion soup, (ohhh the kitchen forgot to tell our waitress that they had run out), and when it arrived, it hard very little onion, tasted like water, no flavor what so ever, and it was cold. Oh course the salad came out first as we waited, that was OK, now we sit there for 1 hour 15 minutes, our meal came out, the prime rib/seafood was cold, the garlic mashed potatoes tasted like they had been in the steam table for three days. I ordered a med. prime rib, it came out well done, the seafood was bland and looked horrible.

In fairness, I understand the breakup of the family last March, the owner decided to come out of the kitchen to work the floor as his ex-wife did. The waitress told him how unhappy we were, he did come over to the table, but he did not seem to hear what we told him, he took offense to our frank comments. He did give us a gift card, (which we left as a tip for the waitress as we have no plans to ever return. He needs to get back in the kitchen and supervise his food, but he is enjoying being a hero on the floor. His new wife, (his ex-wifes best friend as we were told) is no match for his former wife, thats for sure, how ever, that has no bearing on what this once great eatery was for 14 years....Sadly, we will search for another favorite place. Just saying !!
guntrain44 is offline   Reply With Quote