Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
NH_boater

Default Party Day on Winnisquam

Great day on Winnisquam, most of it at the sandbar. Unlike I have ever seen it before, it was a party day out there.

Pontoon next to me smoking joints. Beer everywhere. Empty cans floating by the boat. A large group (probably thirty of so) doing drinking games, beer funnels, etc. The guy using the ramp to recover his boat (Martels) is sitting there, parked blocking all traffic "sobering up" before he drives off with car and trailer.

I enjoyed the day and just about everyone was in good spirits and having fun. I could not help but think, as the weed and beer were being consumed, that many of these guys are going to start their boats and put themselves and us and our families in danger.

I hope all got home safely.
NH_boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
eillac@dow

Ya, I too hope they all get home safe.....and everyone else on the road along side them.

I think the whole thing is pretty pathetic.
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
XCR-700

Default Sounds more like a sad day on Winnisquam,,,

WOW, hope your being sarcastic,,,

I can’t imagine a bunch of knuckleheads smoking pot and playing drinking games out in the open and on a boats on a public lake makes for a good day,,,

And “empty beer cans floating by and drunks on the boat ramp” is flat out appalling!!!

I got no problem with people having a few brews while enjoying the spectacular scenery, but what your describing sounds like some kind of Roman feast, just before it all burned to the ground.

I have read all the exchanges recently about the restrictions we have all been suffering in recent years, and like many have been increasingly disappointed in the way things have been going, but hearing something like this sure makes one stop and take a breath and wonder how we strike a balance???

We seem to have a group (or generation) of folks who have little value for anything but their own immediate pleasure and entertainment, and they seem to have no concern for anyone else or for any consequences.

The have no “values” that I can identify and are ready to leave “scorched earth” and beaten or dead bodies in their wake all in the name of a days worth of fun.

Now I realize that my idea of fun may not be yours, and vice versa, but maybe thats half the battle, just realizing we have different desires and somehow striking a balance,,,

Unfortunately I see little balance, just extremes at either end of the spectrum.

Very sad that a picture perfect day could be ruined by pot smoking, beer funneling, litterbugs who have no respect for the rest who have to share this earth with them,,,

Rant over,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
VtSteve

For a lake that sounds like it's pretty well patrolled and all, it's hard to believe that Animal House on the lake can take place right in plain sight. Have never witnessed anything like that myself, anywhere. I've heard that LOTO and Havasu can get pretty weird. Sounds like the Wild Wild West on Winisquam.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #5
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
For a lake that sounds like it's pretty well patrolled and all, it's hard to believe that Animal House on the lake can take place right in plain sight. Have never witnessed anything like that myself, anywhere. I've heard that LOTO and Havasu can get pretty weird. Sounds like the Wild Wild West on Winisquam.
Braun Bay was like that at one time. I miss the thong babes there

Braun Bay is very heavily patrolled and the MP do pick on everybody on weekends. It's the place to avoid now.

Winnisquam is heavily patrolled in the no wake zones, South of the Mosquito Bridge and the very North part of the lake. I rarely see them in the middle.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #6
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Braun Bay was like that at one time. I miss the thong babes there

Braun Bay is very heavily patrolled and the MP do pick on everybody on weekends. It's the place to avoid now.

Winnisquam is heavily patrolled in the no wake zones, South of the Mosquito Bridge and the very North part of the lake. I rarely see them in the middle.
Winnisquam is very well patrolled from the sandbar and into the NWZ. MP is always around that whole area, at least all the times I have been there. A few years ago there were severe t-storms heading in, and the MP boats were trolling around the sand bar announcing the threat over the loudspeaker. It cleared out in a hurry, which is a good thing because that storm came in very very fast. I got caught waiting at the ramp to get out.