Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #1
Lakegeezer

Default Write your senator TODAY! Goes to floor on May 15.

Now that the bill which defines the maximum reasonable and prudent boating speed on Winnipesaukee has passed the transportation committee by one vote, it is off to the senate floor on Thursday, May 15'th. Check the status here.

Its time to write your sentator. Today! You can find their address at http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/ns/w...eg/default.asp

If you are from out of state, pick a senator from your second home or favorite launch site.

Conventional wisdom is that a written letter is more effective than an email.

The unscientific poll of Winnipesaukee forum readers suggests 75% of interested forum viewers prefer that the bill fail. The poll means nothing. Your letters might change a vote or two. Hopefully democracy can win out over political action committees. If not, we have two years before the next vote.

DO THIS TODAY

Last edited by Lakegeezer; 05-10-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Bill goes to the floor - previously wrote it was the vote.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
sky_nh

Default Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, I will be sure to write and encourage my senator to vote for passage of the bill. Along with the safety issues, it is unseemly for a bunch of wealthy retirees to be wasting gas racing back and forth across the broads at high speeds.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
Tired of Waiting

Exclamation Oh the EVIL rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_nh View Post
Yes, I will be sure to write and encourage my senator to vote for passage of the bill. Along with the safety issues, it is unseemly for a bunch of wealthy retirees to be wasting gas racing back and forth across the broads at high speeds.
Oh yes,

Let's get those EVIL rich people.

ToW
Old 05-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
Cal

They worked long and hard for it.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_nh View Post
What about those of us who are neither wealthy nor retired? Can we still cross the broads at high speeds?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
fatlazyless

The state's legislative info website says HB-847 has a total of ten sponsors, five state representatives and five state senators.

As an uninformed state voter, I wonder what's the motivation for a NH legislator to agree to be a bill's sponsor? All they get paid is 50 dollars/year plus car mileage reimbursement for being a state legislator and it requires a lot of their time. So, do they get paid extra, or something, for sponsoring a bill like HB-847? Could this be some type of conspiracy?