Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
stynx55

Default 23 ft boat big enough?

Is a 23 foot bow rider big enough to cruise on Winni in relative comfort? Or should I go to a 25 Ft?
stynx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
AmantiDelLago

We have a 24 foot bow rider and find it perfect for the lake. Ours is a few years old and doesn't incorporate swim platform in overall length. If the boat you are looking at includes swim platform in the 23 length then I would recommend going a little bigger. I guess go as big as you can afford! LOL
AmantiDelLago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
Loub52

Quote:
Originally Posted by stynx55 View Post
Is a 23 foot bow rider big enough to cruise on Winni in relative comfort? Or should I go to a 25 Ft?
Our boat is 25' 2" (including the outboard) and on a day where i intend to go on long trips with passengers, I take a hard look at the forecast if the wind is scheduled to be in excess of 15 knots...can turn out to be a bumpy ride depending on the direction you are heading.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #4
radiocontester

This old thread might help: http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1497
radiocontester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Everybody worries about length.... Why not width, deadrise, wieght, gunnel depth... There are other things to be considering here....

I continue to state, I love my 18' bowrider... I cruise the lake all the time, and am just comfortable.... Its wide, and heavy... and very stable....

bigger isn't better... and if you are waffling over 2 feet... the above mentioned attributes are what you should be digging into to make your decision.... I have been in 20' and 22' boats, that don't ride as nice as my 18' boat.....
hig (05-16-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
SAB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Everybody worries about length.... Why not width, deadrise, wieght, gunnel depth... There are other things to be considering here....

I continue to state, I love my 18' bowrider... I cruise the lake all the time, and am just comfortable.... Its wide, and heavy... and very stable....

bigger isn't better... and if you are waffling over 2 feet... the above mentioned attributes are what you should be digging into to make your decision.... I have been in 20' and 22' boats, that don't ride as nice as my 18' boat.....
Bingo. Couldn't have said much better. Test drive before you buy....deep V will always cut the chop better.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (05-16-2016)