Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
matthewkk

Default Restaurant Coupons

I'm wondering...for those of you that use coupons, or Restaurant.com etc., which do you prefer? What I mean is, if you received coupons in the mail that had the same value or offers as Restaurant.com or Living Social etc., would you utilize them?
matthewkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
AC2717

yes, I am all for saving money and we do use both, now a days we look through what we have before we go out to dinner or check restaurant.com if we want to head out to eat
matthewkk (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
RLW

Thumbs up Yes for coupons

matthewkk, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Yes we use every coupon that we can because when one is on SS and a small pension every little bit helps out.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
matthewkk, I just noticed that you are fairly new to the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends. Yes we use every coupon that we can because when one is on SS and a small pension every little bit helps out.

I think we should nominate RLW our official greeter!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
RLW

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I think we should nominate RLW our official greeter!

How much does it pay?? If it is enough then I will not need the coupons.

Oh, you can call me Ralph
Old 03-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
belly_button_biter

When i see a restaurant begging for business by way of ridiculous deals, I associate it with a restaurant in distress and the food might not be fresh. My dinning out is too important for me to seek a deal! I'd rather seek a trusted experience. I found that I can find this by visiting urbanspoon.com, or yelp.com, or tripadvisor.com. Each of these sites give me peoples' opinions on where the best meals are. I'd rather pay full boat for a good experience than discount prices for a discounted experience. .. I'm just saying
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
matthewkk

Default Thank you for the responses

Dear Belly Button Biter, I'm looking for peoples opinion on weather or not they would use coupons, if for example, the coupon was for their "favorite" restaurant? Or would they rather go online and have to print something out?
matthewkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #8
tricia1218

I prefer on-line coupons, and have used Restaurants.com quite a bit. The coupons that come in the mail, I put them aside and then forget I have them. Often times I am at work and making dinner plans and can print them right off the web through the on-line coupons, I think some can be used through i-phones.
tricia1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
kauriel

At home I prefer free coupons that are mailed to me because they require less effort. Restaurant.com and most other sites require a small payment for certificate (coupon) and many expire within 6 months or so (although new trend is to only have promotional value expire). I then have to print out to use or find an app to use without printing because our printer never seems to work when needed! I still use groupon, restaurant.com, amazon local, etc. but free coupons in the mail are best for local deals.

However, as a visitor to the lake I find all my coupons online or in free local papers while I am up there. I then use coupons or deals to find new places to try (we have only been coming up for a few years and only a few days/yr so there are still tons of places to try!). If I have any coupons leftover I leave them in our place for future renters to use.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote