Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
martbri7

Default WMUR article about missingmoney.com

I actually found my name on this list.

MANCHESTER, N.H. —
New Hampshire has released its annual abandoned-property list.

To find out if you are entitled to any unclaimed property, go to MissingMoney.com and enter your last name and "NH" under your resident state, and click "Go."

Anyone can search the database for free.

Read more: http://www.wmur.com/news/money/NH-re...#ixzz29PBRqzpL
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
Rusty

IMO this is also a good way for the government to get some information about you. The website says that an insurance company owes me less than $100 and if I want to claim the money I need to fill out a form with my name, address, tel # and e-mail address.

Why would the state of NH be the middle man for collecting private money?

They can keep the "less than $100" and I'll keep my privacy. My name is in too many data bases as it is.
old coot (01-25-2013)
Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
angela4design

Talking I hit it and "won"

I found my name on that website and collected several thousand dollars a few years ago! I had already paid taxes on it, so it was literally "found money" from a payout I hadn't fully collected on!

I think I might check again!!
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

We searched the Mass. data base and found $452 from an old insurance policy that we dropped.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
snoman

I did it last year and got back $375
snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
songkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
IMO this is also a good way for the government to get some information about you. The website says that an insurance company owes me less than $100 and if I want to claim the money I need to fill out a form with my name, address, tel # and e-mail address.

Why would the state of NH be the middle man for collecting private money?

They can keep the "less than $100" and I'll keep my privacy. My name is in too many data bases as it is.
This certainly is a way for the government to collect information on you.
But in all honesty, each and every state police car and local police car has just about everything they want to know about you. Ever looked inside a police car? There are at least 3 computers now. You can thank Homeland Security and all of the federal grants for this. There are no more secrets. Don't give your social security number to DMV to get your drivers license? Well, they got it already. Ever have any run in with the law? Civil or criminal. It's all right there on the computers provided by Homeland Security.
So do you really think that providing information to the Secretary of States office will make any difference?

My name was on list for two items. Two different addresses. One address is my current address. So I telephoned Concord and asked them to send me the forms.
They want proof of who you are and what addresses you used for those abandoned funds.
The form asked for some real detailed information.
The Abandoned Property Division did mail me the forms to the newspaper listed address which is my current address.

I actually had an appointment in Concord so I just drove over to 25 Capital Street.
Yes, they want picture ID, and proof that I lived at addresses listed in newspaper.
And they wanted proof that I actually received mail (a PO Box) that THEY sent me the forms to. The very same address listed in newspaper, the very same address that they used to send me the forms, which is my current mailing address. They needed proof that I received mail there even though THEY sent the forms to that address and I had the forms in my hand.

Fortunately I had taken some mail addressed to me at this, my current mailing address.
And I did find an old bill that had my old Rural Route address on it.

The check for both items will be mailed to me.

There are no secrets anymore. Too many web sites do data mining. If there was anything in anyones past that was recorded in any pubic place, these web site companies have it. From old telephone numbers, to old addresses, to divorce papers, to a dispute with your neighbor over a property line to anything. It is out there. Including your date of birth and your social security number. It's there for all to buy if they want it.

I just feel sorry for the younger generation. Unless they lived the lives of a nun, their entire life is on the internet.
songkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #7
martbri7

So I called Unclaimed property in Concord today...the lady was very polite...I explained how I made a claim in October and haven't heard any updates, she said they still have thousands of e-mail's to sort through...she said I'm getting $6 from a stock I had 10 years ago, gave her my address and the check is in the mail.
martbri7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Scott's Yott

they Mailed you a check...I was told I had to go to concord to collect my 18$ check.It would cost me 30$ to drive to concord and back.
Scott's Yott is offline   Reply With Quote