Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Ben

Default Access To Water

My shorefront is very rocky which makes it difficult to safely enter the water especially for children. I'd like to do something to make it safer but I don't really want to spend alot of money to have a professional service come in and do the job, so I'm wondering what folks in similar circumstances have done before. What would be the options for wood, rock, cement, granite, etc. I know whatever is done will need a permit but I was just looking for ideas that possibly could be accomplished by a few people over a weekend with very little heavy equipment.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
Production Trailer and Dock

Default Re: Access To Water

See the all-terrain staircases at the link below. Maybe it's something that will work for you!

http://www.hewitt-roll-a-dock.com/ot...in_stairs.html
Old 03-02-2004, 12:14 PM   #3
novice carpenter

Default Re: Access To Water

Those pre fab ones are good, but you could also build one yourself. It's pretty easy if you do some reading. I use grip tape, and replace it every so often to make the steps more non-slip. The whole stair case (5 steps) comes out easily using two people. It's free standing, all I had to do is position some rocks strategically. It has worked well for years.